Waking At 3 Each Morning

OP
ecstatichamster
Thanks. What does your last meal look like? I'm trying to figure out if that has any influence too.

It doesn’t matter anymore. I think it was a period I was going through. Pufa depletion. I eat protein, potatoes, ice cream, a few hours later I sleep uninterrupted.

OP
ecstatichamster
Did you do the 30 day low-zero fat to deplete pufa or was it a result of longterm low pufa diet?

Several times I went as close to fat free as possible. Felt awful. Used aspirin etc. each time got easier. But long term is what worked I think.

Kennya

So in terms of supplements with this approach, would you not want to take an anti cortisol type supplement at bedtime then?

vulture

I have being getting GREAT temps in the morning (36.4ºC vs 36 to 36.2ºC) when I wake up at night (2 to 3 AM) and eat something. But I'm not sure if poor sleep night also influences, because when I eat is also when I spend more time awake.

So, I think I'm gonna keep a night snack at hand and try to sleep as fast as possible back, maybe eating at that time helps the body to keep temps better.

OP
ecstatichamster
nice going @vulture

good idea I think. Dr. Peat has said that often a person only needs the night snack for a week or so and then the body picks things up on its own.

If I felt I needed an anti cortisol supplement I'd take an aspirin before bedtime.

somuch4food

nice going @vulture

good idea I think. Dr. Peat has said that often a person only needs the night snack for a week or so and then the body picks things up on its own.

If I felt I needed an anti cortisol supplement I'd take an aspirin before bedtime.

The night snacking didn't go away until I kept cortisol in check with regular meals and snacks (6), enough calories, enough proteins and enough saturated fat.

Kennya

I found this thread because in the last week I’ve been waking up after 3 hours to pee and been unable to go back to sleep. I always wake up to pee but haven’t had a problem going back to sleep for years. I started taking a new anti cortisol supplement as an experiment before bedtime.

OP
ecstatichamster
I found this thread because in the last week I’ve been waking up after 3 hours to pee and been unable to go back to sleep. I always wake up to pee but haven’t had a problem going back to sleep for years. I started taking a new anti cortisol supplement as an experiment before bedtime.

I think your blood sugar drops. You hyperventilate and wake up. This causes the need to pee and the hypoglycemia can make it hard to go back to sleep. Cortisol is needed to maintain blood sugar while sleeping perhaps due to fatty liver.

OP
ecstatichamster
Are you waking with a dry mouth? You may want to ta-e your mouth at night to help your sleep. And health.

Regina

Is cypro good for keeping you from waking up or helping you go back to sleep when you wake up?
Inosine seems to have knocked my adrenaline down for good. And I was only on it for about a week. About a gram a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals