Vitamin K2 (Thorne's) & Ear Popping

Nicholas

hello - i've narrowed it down. Whenever i take Vitamin K2 (topically) i start to get a popping noise in my ear....it won't be instantaneously, but if i apply it 2 days in a row it's back to the ear popping thing. if i stop taking it, a day and a half later the ear popping will stop and not return. this is kind of interesting and kind of makes sense considering that K2 does have a role in bone structure....but it's kind of weird at the same time. Has anyone else noticed this?

i haven't posted here in a long time - one thing that may be relevant (i never had this issue in the past) is that i rarely ever drink milk now....or really any dairy at all. and i get much more magnesium now via magnesium chloride baths.

milk_lover

milk is life, Nicholas. Why did you give up on it? I think you need the calcium if you supplement K2.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

milk is life, Nicholas. Why did you give up on it? I think you need the calcium if you supplement K2.

I don't ever crave it. my body seems more balanced without it. i get calcium via some vegetables and potatoes - and the small amounts that are in everything else. i do use cream and butter. will drink maybe a glass of milk a week.

milk_lover

I don't ever crave it. my body seems more balanced without it. i get calcium via some vegetables and potatoes - and the small amounts that are in everything else. i do use cream and butter. will drink maybe a glass of milk a week.
Are you sure you're getting enough calcium from vegetables and potatoes though? Some people I think supplement it like calcium carbonate. I am now taking haidut's vitamin K2 and I never experienced ear popping thing. Maybe because I drink a lot of milk daily.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

maybe..
no, i don't believe in getting blood work for these kinds of things. and i don't believe anyone really would be able to say if my calcium was low or high considering the complexity of calcium in the body. i'm totally open to the fact that it could be low, though. collard greens are high in both calcium and K1. others talk about their jaw widening on K2, so maybe it's something along those lines... I am thinking of going to Haidut's K2 supp after i'm through the thorne bottle.....though i'm wary of DMSO. according to something like cronometer, i get about 700mg calcium a day on a low-dairy diet. pboy has said in the past that he believes the 2000 is stretching it. and the "2000" is also dependant on your body's ability to use calcium correctly. I would also suspect that with a higher magnesium intake that your calcium needs would drop. Your calcium needs may also drop in the wintertime when you are getting (presumably) less vitamin D.

Vinero

I get that too! cracking noises in my head when I take Vitamin K2. I imagine it must be chuncks of calcium getting released from calcified areas.

kiran

Whenever i take Vitamin K2 (topically) i start to get a popping noise in my ear

Ear popping is a symptom of suddenly changed blood pressure. I believe K2 affects blood calcium, which might raise blood pressure.

Last edited:

Nutritionveda

I get that too! cracking noises in my head when I take Vitamin K2. I imagine it must be chuncks of calcium getting released from calcified areas.
I am getting exactly that with k2. Am in antibiotics now. Don’t know what much the causing the ear cracking noise and pain. :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals