Anyone Not Supplementing K But Relying On Foods Only?

marcar72

Peata said:
Oh, I'm happy to say I made 107% of the RDA for Vitamin K yesterday and it was sooo easy.

I'm at 65% already and it's still morning. No more measly 20% RDA for me. I just marvel at how I overlooked something so simple as eat more fruit. RP is big on fruit, after all. Well, it wasn't like I was eating no fruit, but I was eating mostly canned fruit - tropical & peaches, which according to cronometer, has between 1 iu and 3 iu per 4 oz.

I'd be careful with anything coming out of a can since most cans are lined with a BPA coating as part of the canning process. BPA is a known endocrine disruptor. What happens is some of the BPA is leeched into the food, more so with acidic foods. Then it gets into your system when you eat the food. Some companies are starting to use BPA free cans and would probably advertise such right on the can. :2cents

OP
Peata

Peata

marcar72 said:
Peata said:
Oh, I'm happy to say I made 107% of the RDA for Vitamin K yesterday and it was sooo easy.

I'm at 65% already and it's still morning. No more measly 20% RDA for me. I just marvel at how I overlooked something so simple as eat more fruit. RP is big on fruit, after all. Well, it wasn't like I was eating no fruit, but I was eating mostly canned fruit - tropical & peaches, which according to cronometer, has between 1 iu and 3 iu per 4 oz.

I'd be careful with anything coming out of a can since most cans are lined with a BPA coating as part of the canning process. BPA is a known endocrine disruptor. What happens is some of the BPA is leeched into the food, more so with acidic foods. Then it gets into your system when you eat the food. Some companies are starting to use BPA free cans and would probably advertise such right on the can. :2cents

I've been thinking about that too. I was looking for glass jar, but it was all from China. Really, we can't grow some fruit in the USA? At least I did find some peaches from CA but they're in cans. Anyway,I think I'll go with fresh now as much as I can and just save the canned for emergency when fresh isn't around.

J

j.

marcar72 said:
Some companies are starting to use BPA free cans and would probably advertise such right on the can. :2cents

There is a study saying that BPA-free cans are as estrogenic if not more.

I tolerate beverages from aluminium cans better than from plastic bottles.

OP
Peata

Peata

j. said:
marcar72 said:
Some companies are starting to use BPA free cans and would probably advertise such right on the can. :2cents

There is a study saying that BPA-free cans are as estrogenic if not more.

I'd heard that was the case with plastic bottles and such, but it's the same with cans, huh?

J

j.

No, I was wrong. The study indeed was about plastic bottles, don't know about aluminium cans.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
About 8 cups of milk, 2 cups of OJ, 6 tablespoons of sugar, half pint of HD, 1 Mexican coke, some gummy squares here and there.

Starch causes poison, gives me the starch flu. Most likely from endotoxin I am assuming. Ray Peat said that the soreness and general bad feelings of the flu are from endotoxin most likely. Something like the bodies immune system crashes, so you have a huge bacteria overload, then here comes the endotoxin. Same thing happens with starch, minus the immune crash of course. Starch feeds bacteria, here comes the endotoxin, feeling like a low grade flu. So most people walking around with low grade feeling of flu and not even realizing it, thanks to starch.

I have seen it happen to me many times now. Eat some starch, here comes the starch flu. Takes about 2-3 days to clear out fully. I have tried this with potatoes, and also rice, same results.

jyb

Charlie said:
About 8 cups of milk, 2 cups of OJ, 6 tablespoons of sugar, half pint of HD, 1 Mexican coke, some gummy squares here and there.

Starch causes poison, gives me the starch flu. Most likely from endotoxin I am assuming. Ray Peat said that the soreness and general bad feelings of the flu are from endotoxin most likely. Something like the bodies immune system crashes, so you have a huge bacteria overload, then here comes the endotoxin. Same thing happens with starch, minus the immune crash of course. Starch feeds bacteria, here comes the endotoxin, feeling like a low grade flu. So most people walking around with low grade feeling of flu and not even realizing it, thanks to starch.

I have seen it happen to me many times now. Eat some starch, here comes the starch flu. Takes about 2-3 days to clear out fully. I have tried this with potatoes, and also rice, same results.

Thanks.

I'm surprised its endotoxin related, because it occur quite quickly after the meal. Maybe within 30 minutes, and I'm not sure whether the starch would have had time to be decomposed and start feeding bacteria - it'd still be in the stomach.

aquaman

Charlie said:

Wow, lot of sugar. HOw do you feel on this? How long have you been doing it?

What changes did you notice with increased sugar? And how is your body fat on this?

OP
Peata

Peata

So, I've been using aspirin consistently for over 2 months now with no bruising, bleeding, etc. I don't supplmement K other than what I get in diet, but I also don't take big aspirin doses compared to many.

One to three x per day I dissolve a bit of aspirin in a drink. I use more aspirin if I feel ache in my breasts from FBD.

When I say a bit of aspirin, I would guess 20 - 40 mg. in each tiny piece, depending how much I throw into the drink.

That small amount seems to do the job, and if it doesn't, I flake off a little more and use that.

saul42

I have taken about 3 grams of aspirin a day and can definitely say it helps with temp and thyroid.

up to 1 gram a day without Vit K supplement other then what i got from food. No signs of excessive bleeding. Yes when cut it would bleed more easily as blood was thinner but if put a little sugar on the wound or a cotton with alcohol it would stop bleeding in about a min or less. Sugar is something i always used and the result are best with it

If taking 2-3 grams a day I would take 1-2mg of Vit K and that seemed to do the trick. However I generally take 1 gram a day unless I am not feeling well, as I now taking thyroid so decided I do not need as much as Aspirin.

jyb

saul42 said:
I have taken about 3 grams of aspirin a day and can definitely say it helps with temp and thyroid.

up to 1 gram a day without Vit K supplement other then what i got from food. No signs of excessive bleeding. Yes when cut it would bleed more easily as blood was thinner but if put a little sugar on the wound or a cotton with alcohol it would stop bleeding in about a min or less. Sugar is something i always used and the result are best with it

If taking 2-3 grams a day I would take 1-2mg of Vit K and that seemed to do the trick. However I generally take 1 gram a day unless I am not feeling well, as I now taking thyroid so decided I do not need as much as Aspirin.

1 gram every day is about 3 pills, it's quite a bit - don't you ever get ear ringing as side effect after a while? That's my only limitation with aspirin do far, so I'm wondering if it can be avoided or not. I take enough K - at least enough for to eliminate any excess blood thinning.

saul42

jyb said:
1 gram every day is about 3 pills, it's quite a bit - don't you ever get ear ringing as side effect after a while? That's my only limitation with aspirin do far, so I'm wondering if it can be avoided or not. I take enough K - at least enough for to eliminate any excess blood thinning.

I started of slowly. Do not increase rapidly. If the ringing starts drop the dose and then work your way up again slowly.

Jenn

Cells exchange minerals all the time. When the cell is under stress, it holds on to sodium and calcium. When the cells lack enough energy and/or potassium and magnesium for long enough, calcification occurs. Calcification leads to cellular death. Getting extra potassium, magnesium and glucose can reverse calcification.

jyb

Jenn said:
Ear ringing is from calcification. ACV drops in the ear help.

I think some alcohol with the ACV is necessary, in my experience, like recommended online. ACV alone doesn't seem effective enough.

I saw another idea online about using niacin orally, to increase circulation to the ear.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals