Vitamin B6 Very High!

Giraffe

I googled German speaking websites to find out what is considered "normal" over here. This Swiss website here, was the first one to pop up, and their normal value for vitamin B6 is 20-90 ng/mL. This value is a lot higher than the one stated by your lab and much closer to your value.

I think that the "normal value" is nothing but a statistical figure. I guess they test what they call a representative population, and get a huge range of values. Then they exclude the highest and lowest 2.5%. The result is a range in which 95% of the population fits into.

@gilson dantas , I don't know, maybe your high value merely means that you are among the best nourished individuals the labs have ever seen. :) If I come across something regarding high vitamin B6 levels I'll post it here.

B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy—A Review

Among other topics, the author discusses what he calls the "homocysteine hypothesis" and its lack to acknowledge the role of other vitamins than B6, B9 and B12. He also discusses some shortcomings of RDA.

The final B vitamin with an ascribed upper limit is vitamin B6 which has an upper limit set at 100 mg/day (approximately 75 × RDA) in the US on the basis of case reports of reversible sensory neuropathy following doses in excess of 1000 mg taken for extended periods. However, it is notable that multiple clinical trials entailing consuming up to 750 mg/day of vitamin B6 for a number of years have demonstrated a lack of neuropathic side effects [15].

In population studies, intakes of vitamin B6 well in excess of the RDA, along with associated biochemical levels of pyridoxal-5′-phosphate, have also been found to be inversely related to a range of inflammatory biomarkers, with those individuals exhibiting higher levels of inflammatory biomarkers requiring several times the RDA of vitamin B6 merely to avoid deficiency [53,54].

However, it contrasted with re-analysis of the data from two studies [67] that found that whereas low vitamin B12 was associated with cognitive impairment and dementia, and low vitamin B6 was associated with cognitive impairment, there was no relationship between brain function and folate, homocysteine or the MTHFR C677TT polymorphism. .

It is also notable that treatments containing all of the B vitamins will inevitably reduce homocysteine (see [159,165]), and indeed, given the direct contribution of both niacin and riboflavin to the folate/methionine cycles, they should theoretically be more effective than small sub-groups of B vitamins in this regard. It is therefore difficult to conceive of any potential downsides to undertaking research with the full range of B vitamins. Of course, the luxury of being able to attribute any benefits to a single molecule and/or a single mechanism will be lost, but given the equivocal nature of the large body of evidence to date with regards to the homocysteine hypothesis, this loss would appear supportable, if not inevitable.

Dante

I googled German speaking websites to find out what is considered "normal" over here. This Swiss website here, was the first one to pop up, and their normal value for vitamin B6 is 20-90 ng/mL. This value is a lot higher than the one stated by your lab and much closer to your value.

I think that the "normal value" is nothing but a statistical figure. I guess they test what they call a representative population, and get a huge range of values. Then they exclude the highest and lowest 2.5%. The result is a range in which 95% of the population fits into.

@gilson dantas , I don't know, maybe your high value merely means that you are among the best nourished individuals the labs have ever seen. :) If I come across something regarding high vitamin B6 levels I'll post it here.

B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy—A Review

Among other topics, the author discusses what he calls the "homocysteine hypothesis" and its lack to acknowledge the role of other vitamins than B6, B9 and B12. He also discusses some shortcomings of RDA.
Hi giraffe,
what about the possibility that high blood serum b6 might also mean improper cellular utilization or may be losing it by urine(gilson's homocysteine is high and as far as whatever i have read vit B6 helps lower it) . I ask this because ray said that diabetics lose glucose in their urine in addition to high serum glucose levels. also , in the cancer therapy by max gerson - posted by amazoniac, gerson was giving potassium to cancer patients even though their blood levels of K were high. On being question by colleagues, he answered that the serum levels were high because they were losing K in urine.
May be a urine b6 test !

burtlancast

On being question by colleagues, he answered that the serum levels were high because they were losing K in urine.

Actually, they were losing intracellular K.
K was high in their blood because the cells were losing it.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

@DaveFoster , the idea [recipe] for aspirine is very good.
I have some doubts.

aspirin animal powder
? I do not know that ["animal"].
If dyspepsia persists,
. I don´t have dyspepsia.
Mix with baking soda in 1:3 ratio aspirin to baking soda.
. That´s a big quantity of baking soda, perhaps? What collateral effects I must to wait using such quantity of baking soda?
Why to use a inhibitor of histamine receptors [famotidine]?
What collateral effects I must imagine when using aspirine high dose?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

@Dopamine, I don´use industrial stuff like energy drinks, multivitamins, bodybuilding stuff; no medications; never used any kind of alcohol, even beer.
And urine tests of B6 are impossible here in my country; and B6 I actually used last year, with no results.

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster , the idea [recipe] for aspirine is very good.
I have some doubts.

? I do not know that ["animal"].
. I don´t have dyspepsia.
. That´s a big quantity of baking soda, perhaps? What collateral effects I must to wait using such quantity of baking soda?
Why to use a inhibitor of histamine receptors [famotidine]?
What collateral effects I must imagine when using aspirine high dose?
Order "animal aspirin powder" online. It's cheaper and has less junk in it.

Some people get stomach upset with aspirin or an ulcer. The baking soda neutralizes the acidity of aspirin, glycine protects the stomach, and famotidine allows the cells of the stomach lining to replace faster.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

@DaveFoster = That´s a big quantity of baking soda, perhaps? What collateral effects I must to wait using such quantity of baking soda?
And "animal aspirin" means exactly what? A different way of production?

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

@Giraffe : Thank you!!!! The paper about B vitamins is very good! It changed my way to see the things!!
Quoting: "The B-vitamins comprise a group of eight water soluble vitamins that perform essential, closely inter-related roles in cellular functioning, acting as co-enzymes in a vast array of catabolic and anabolic enzymatic reactions. Their collective effects are particularly prevalent to numerous aspects of brain function, including energy production, DNA/RNA synthesis/repair, genomic and non-genomic methylation, and the synthesis of numerous neurochemicals and signaling molecules. However, human epidemiological and controlled trial investigations, and the resultant scientific commentary, have focused almost exclusively on the small sub-set of vitamins (B9/B12/B6) that are the most prominent (but not the exclusive) B-vitamins involved in homocysteine metabolism. Scant regard has been paid to the other B vitamins. This review describes the closely inter-related functions of the eight B-vitamins and marshals evidence suggesting that adequate levels of all members of this group of micronutrients are essential for optimal physiological and neurological functioning. Furthermore, evidence from human research clearly shows both that a significant proportion of the populations of developed countries suffer from deficiencies or insufficiencies in one or more of this group of vitamins, and that, in the absence of an optimal diet, administration of the entire B-vitamin group, rather than a small sub-set, at doses greatly in excess of the current governmental recommendations, would be a rational approach for preserving brain health".

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster = That´s a big quantity of baking soda, perhaps? What collateral effects I must to wait using such quantity of baking soda?
And "animal aspirin" means exactly what? A different way of production?
Baking soda will raise your CO2 levels and add additional sodium to your diet with all of those effects. Too much baking soda; eg. <1 tablespoon or so can lead to milk alkali syndrome if a large amount of alkali (through calcium supplements) is present in the diet. You can test this with a urine pH test strip in the morning.

Animal aspirin is meant for animals, but if it's pharmaceutical grade then it's fine for human consumption; it's better than store-bought aspirin because it doesn't have the excipients that are in the pill (titanium dioxide, silica, etc.)

DaveFoster

And if I eat liver 2 times/week [or kale soup] I will not, perhaps, have all K2 I need?
A cup of cooked kale along with some liver and cheese daily might provide enough K1 and K2, but with larger dosages of aspirin it would be safer to just supplement a non-allergenic K2 supplement.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

In my country the problem is always the same: how to find non-allergenic K2 supplment. Even NDT [dessicated thyroid] I don´t find it. Any suggestions will be fine.

Sol

Gilson, you don't need to buy animal aspirin, you can buy pure aspirin in a compound pharmacy (farmacia de manipulacao). I buy 100 mg caps of pure aspirin but you can order different amounts as you need.

DaveFoster

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Well, I´ve tryed to buy, at this very moment, Aspirin powder, from Vedco [from that site, Amazon]; they sayd that don´t send to my address [Brazil]. Nothing to do... then.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals