Vitamin B6 Very High!

DaveFoster

Well, I´ve tryed to buy, at this very moment, Aspirin powder, from Vedco [from that site, Amazon]; they sayd that don´t send to my address [Brazil]. Nothing to do... then.
Contact other sellers; it's all largely the same (the aspirin powder.)

Pet Peeve

I had high homocysteine once after supplementing methionine, so I've read a bit about it. Homocysteine can get processed through different pathways. If there's some problem with the pathway that uses b vitamins you can bypass that pathway all together by supplementing betaine. That is betaine as in trimethylglycine, not betaine HCL witch is supplemental stomach acid. Maybe you should try some methylated b vitamins also to see if they help. Start with methyl b12 and introduce methyl b9 later to avoid problems.

Possibly you have high homocysteine and high b vitamins because you lack methyl groups to properly use the b vitamins to recycle homocysteine.

The Metabolic Burden of Methyl Donor Deficiency with Focus on the Betaine Homocysteine Methyltransferase Pathway

B6 is also involved in the "transsulfuration path" for homocysteine, you could have some problem here:

Metabolic Gateways: CBS Gene Mutations & Glutathione - Metabolic Healing

Screen%20shot%202010-07-21%20at%208.51.17%20PM.png

Last edited:

Pet Peeve

@Pet Peeve, what if I use gelatin? I´ll have glicine in natura. I´m afraid to use pure TMG, it is a industrial stuff. What do you say?

Homocysteine is a serious health problem, your priority number one should be to normalize it. Tmg should not pose any problem but if you really don't want to take it then beets contain tmg, but then you'll get all the starch. Maybe juice beets? I'm sorry but I don't have the time to read up on transsulfuration pathway of homocysteine, but you probably should get to the bottom of it. When I had high homocysteine I had disturbing palpitations and a burning sensation on the scalp, it felt seriously wrong. If you don't correct it you could get serious heart problems and atherosclerosis.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Yes, may be; but I still trying to find withou stuff like that, starch, cellulose and others. I don´t know, I think I can find pure aspirine.

Amazoniac

Considering how things roll here, herring on the side of caution is best. Especially if you don't know the facility and their (pharmacy) standards; but even if you did, it would be difficult to be too sure about the purity of the aspirin used, if the machine processed other things, if the employee had a bad day and made any mistake, like not snorting the cocaine line properly, sneezing and letting some of it mix to your product, etc. Very few of them for example have another employee just to check/insect if everything was done properly.
That's why I would still hug Bayer..

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Yes, indeed. But I heard about Aspirin powder da VEDCO; perhaps I will try it; do you know it?
[and Bayer must have industrial stuff anyway]

Amazoniac

Last edited:
OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Thank you my friend!
As you said: "USP aspirin from any source is usually good. I buy it by the kilo. I mostly use the pure crystals, but in Mexico I use the Bayer tablets".

StrongMom

Do you have any neurological symptoms like tingling or numbness in feet. Or hands?
It sounds like you know about the possible dangers of b6 supps and don't take it.

Foods high in b6 seem to be some nuts, tuna, pork, turkey, chicken, some dried fruits.
You could do a search on b6 foods to see if it is sneaking into your diet.

I thought that vit B6 deficiency causes tingling or numbness, not the other way around. Right?

Lucenzo01

I don't know if the OP will read this but you should stop taking niacinamide if you have high homocysteine levels. Taurine and creatine are the most effective ways of reducing it IME. Vitamin C mitigates the damage of homocysteine. For the B6 levels I would take riboflavin. Good luck.

Ahmed J Nicklaw

I use diet based on the principles of R Peat; and I have high homocysteine.
But now I see that my vitamin B6 [dosed in the blood] is very high.
Normal range is 5-30 mcg /L, but I have 132! How to interpret a hypervitaminosis B6? [And whereas my folic acid in the blood is high and, however, homocysteine still high, around 14].
You may have hypophosphatasia. Check your blood work to see if you have low ALP (alkaline phosphatase). It would show up under a CMP (comprehensive metabolic panel).