I think I cannot burn glucose

mostlylurking

How come white sugar? the lack of nutrients?
Yes. It is extremely refined. All refined carbohydrates deplete the body's thiamine stores because the thiamine has been removed, unless they are "supplemented" with thiamine. Polished white rice caused an epidemic of beriberi in Japan because the removal of the brown covering removed the thiamine. Many people died from beriberi before governments made laws requiring thiamine be replaced in refined grain carbohydrates. However, there are a lot of foods that are high carbohydrate and refined and have no thiamine. Sugar fits in this category.

Nemo

Might Pyrucet and/or Oxidal help? I stupidly fell for keto too and was sure that my body couldn't utilise sugars anymore. I aggressively starting trying to cut out fat to try and 'kick start' things but it was the wrong move and caused further stress so I think it's just a transitional thing gradually lowering fat and doing what feels right (I still crave butter, cheese and macadamia nuts from doing keto for so long). I started on Pyrucet a few weeks back and that has made a noticeable difference, I feel like Oxidal could work even better but not yet tried that. Energy levels are still flat lining though but Pyrucet plus something carb/sugar heavy gives me a good boost and its gradually improving.

I was going to suggest Pyrucet too. I used to think I couldn't burn glucose but I learned quickly on Pyrucet that I could.

Be sure to have plenty of OJ and sugared skim milk on hand. Maybe start with a low dose and work your way up because it's very powerful.

Might want to hammer your free fatty acids extra hard for a week too. That just means 2-3 aspirin or 25 to 50 mg niacinamide every two hours with plenty of OJ and sugared skim milk. Even a week of this was a game changer for me. I might do a week of this first before the Pyrucet.

You will definitely need sugar, not starch. When I say plenty, I mean PLENTY, because you will want a lot.

Jayvee

Yes. It is extremely refined. All refined carbohydrates deplete the body's thiamine stores because the thiamine has been removed, unless they are "supplemented" with thiamine. Polished white rice caused an epidemic of beriberi in Japan because the removal of the brown covering removed the thiamine. Many people died from beriberi before governments made laws requiring thiamine be replaced in refined grain carbohydrates. However, there are a lot of foods that are high carbohydrate and refined and have no thiamine. Sugar fits in this category.

This is very good to know! I’ve recently added more white sugar to my diet and been feeling more exhausted, this could well be why. Thanks!

mostlylurking

I was going to suggest Pyrucet too. I used to think I couldn't burn glucose but I learned quickly on Pyrucet that I could.

Be sure to have plenty of OJ and sugared skim milk on hand. Maybe start with a low dose and work your way up because it's very powerful.

Might want to hammer your free fatty acids extra hard for a week too. That just means 2-3 aspirin or 25 to 50 mg niacinamide every two hours with plenty of OJ and sugared skim milk. Even a week of this was a game changer for me. I might do a week of this first before the Pyrucet.

You will definitely need sugar, not starch. When I say plenty, I mean PLENTY, because you will want a lot.
If you are dealing with a thiamine deficiency you do not want to consume additional refined sugar. You do not want to spiral down into full blown beriberi. "Thiamin deficiency can lead to the neurological condition Wernicke-Korsakoff's syndrome or beriberi, a condition that involves peripheral nerve damage." Use a search engine, learn what these terms mean. These are life threatening serious conditions.

GreekDemiGod

Interesting. You think doing this would induce a long-lasting beneficial effect?

Nemo

Interesting. You think doing this would induce a long-lasting beneficial effect?

I wondered that as I was doing it.

For me, it did. It seemed to retrain my body. For example, after that week I suddenly became able to lose weight after two years of utter failure at weight loss. I also had to sharply reduce my thyroid supplementation.

I still use aspirin and niacinamide now, but I don't have to be so relentless about it.

Sergey

I think in my case, it could be from PUFA liberation when the sugar runs out. A steady stream of coconut oil might help this and it makes me feel a lot better.

There was a book I read years ago called "Metabolic Typing Diet". The author distinguishes between "protein types", "carb types" and "mixed types", which are loosely based on oxidation rate. Protein types (which the book's questionnaire said I was) were fast oxidizers which turned food into energy quickly. I'm not sure if this explanation is accurate but the diet recommendations made me feel good, and are generally the opposite of the carb-rich Peat approach. In my experience, this is true for me, but why its true? I'm not sure. The author believes it to be genetic, I think it has to do with PUFA liberation. The author admits that a person's "type" can change over time (like a person's PUFA saturation...). It may be possible that I (and maybe you, and perhaps others with this problem) burn a lot of energy quickly and exhaust sugar quickly. Or, we don't food combine well (adding protein and fat with the carbs). OR, its PUFA. Or something else. Or.

Anyway, coconut oil helps me.
Do you have a history of any of these: periodontal issues, chronic teeth infections, receding gums, chronic throat inflammation, (probably mild)sinus infection, ear/eustachian tube issues, tinnitus, problems with swallowing/feeling a knot in your throat/neck, pressure above palate or somewhere deep in your nose/between nose and back of head?

YourUniverse

Do you have a history of any of these: periodontal issues, chronic teeth infections, receding gums, chronic throat inflammation, (probably mild)sinus infection, ear/eustachian tube issues, tinnitus, problems with swallowing/feeling a knot in your throat/neck, pressure above palate or somewhere deep in your nose/between nose and back of head?
Mild sinus infections and knots in throat, yes. Bacterial?

Sergey

Mild sinus infections and knots in throat, yes. Bacterial?
Yes, I think its some kind of infection in the upper respiratory tract or deep in the oral mucosa.
My carbs intolerance was extreme, now its “just” severe, and I found that infrequent eating without any snacks in between, proper mouth hygiene before and after eating, avoiding all foods which cause quick plaque build up are very helpful. And frequent «snacking” on coconut/mct oils, pufas (yeah i know, but), olive leaf extract, propolis, undecylenic acid and the list goes on, is helping immensely. And effect is proportional to the time those substances stay in mouth. Very little effect if they are quickly swallowed.
There is definitely issue with thiamine, but I could not get through Lonsdale’s paradoxical reaction, which, I believe, is intensified growth of whatever organism has caused thiamine disruption in the first place. Many fungi destroy thiamine and require it for growth. So I supplement it topically sometimes and even less frequently as sublingual tpp.
Combination of methanobrevibacter and fungi often creates thiamine free environment and many of those species love mouth. Of course it can be something else entirely, such as weird strain of corynebacterium (with plaque appering at the interface between teeth and gums).
Most supplements make things worse for me, and I suspect that supplementation with sublingual methylcobalamin, with its ability to be quickly and significantly disrupt oral/gut flora, could have been a provoking factor in the past.
I remember reading a study which strongly linked teeth derived lps to ANS disruption and mental health issues. And yet another study in Japan where they found viral infections in the nasopharynx of people with ME and treated it very successfully with application of zinc sulfate.
So yeah, issues in the upper respiratory tract could have quite an impact on everything else.

Angel45

Thiamine was okay until I started using high dosages as recommended. What I feel helps me the most with eating carbs is potassium along with protein/fat. I have to balance my meals or I feel awful. Always trying to get to 5000mg a day of potassium is hard for me so I use goat milk minerals to sip on all day. Only thing that has helped without side effects. I don't care that the goat minerals use a small amount of silica because the silica settles to the bottom and I just pour out the liquid leaving all the silica.

YourUniverse

Yes, I think its some kind of infection in the upper respiratory tract or deep in the oral mucosa.
My carbs intolerance was extreme, now its “just” severe, and I found that infrequent eating without any snacks in between, proper mouth hygiene before and after eating, avoiding all foods which cause quick plaque build up are very helpful. And frequent «snacking” on coconut/mct oils, pufas (yeah i know, but), olive leaf extract, propolis, undecylenic acid and the list goes on, is helping immensely. And effect is proportional to the time those substances stay in mouth. Very little effect if they are quickly swallowed.
There is definitely issue with thiamine, but I could not get through Lonsdale’s paradoxical reaction, which, I believe, is intensified growth of whatever organism has caused thiamine disruption in the first place. Many fungi destroy thiamine and require it for growth. So I supplement it topically sometimes and even less frequently as sublingual tpp.
Combination of methanobrevibacter and fungi often creates thiamine free environment and many of those species love mouth. Of course it can be something else entirely, such as weird strain of corynebacterium (with plaque appering at the interface between teeth and gums).
Most supplements make things worse for me, and I suspect that supplementation with sublingual methylcobalamin, with its ability to be quickly and significantly disrupt oral/gut flora, could have been a provoking factor in the past.
I remember reading a study which strongly linked teeth derived lps to ANS disruption and mental health issues. And yet another study in Japan where they found viral infections in the nasopharynx of people with ME and treated it very successfully with application of zinc sulfate.
So yeah, issues in the upper respiratory tract could have quite an impact on everything else.
Interesting. I think this applies to me. Coconut oil (and probably all SFAs) very anti microbial.

Ray usually recommends Flowers of sulfur for such a thing. I havent tried, what are your thoughts? What about iodine, maybe as a mouth wash with coconut oil.

edit: in FACT, last night I used lugol's solution in a neti pot (sinus rinse) before bed on a whim, and I woke this morning with a noticeably clearer sinus and breathing.

This has plagued me for years. Maybe decades, tbh. Whatever makes my sinuses clear makes me feel MUCH, much better. I usually have to clear my throat often, maybe unrelated.

Angel45

@GreekDemiGod 100mg to 300mg. On weird thing I noticed at 300mg was that it took my appetite away Later found out thiamine affects the part of your brain the controls hunger.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom