Very Interesting Hair Growth Experiment

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Tyromix caused you shedding so bad you stopped, eh? It's a shame because T3 is such a god damn good mood booster for me, too.

I read that article, thanks Rosie :)

That's why I am curious about testing out estrogen (estradiol/estriol).

If I can get away with using a dosage that doesn't cause sides but keeps hair stable, perfect.
You're welcome:)
Tyromix made me feel very cold, I was freezing literally even though I only used 1 drop daily! Strange. The shedding started shortly after I discontinued it..but most probably my lowered temperature had something to do with it.
Hope you can work out something which would help your hair!

Progesterone

You're welcome:)
Tyromix made me feel very cold, I was freezing literally even though I only used 1 drop daily! Strange. The shedding started shortly after I discontinued it..but most probably my lowered temperature had something to do with it.
Hope you can work out something which would help your hair!

Odd. Tyromix made me hyper very quickly. So I think my thyroid is probably actually in good condition.

And/or you just need more Tyromix. That said... yeah, you need to be careful with it.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Odd. Tyromix made me hyper very quickly. So I think my thyroid is probably actually in good condition.

And/or you just need more Tyromix. That said... yeah, you need to be careful with it.
Probably I'm running on stress hormones..

raypeatclips

Beware the Forum Policeo_O

This is a forum named after Ray Peat, and while I don't think we should be so strict as to only talk about Ray Peats work, there are very interesting topics unrelated to Ray and branch off from what he says, posts that have any suggestion of a positive story to finasteride I simply don't think should be allowed. You have to scroll down pretty far to see his negative comments. Especially not from hair loss talk, which has been suggested many times over the years to contain forum members that are working for the pharmaceutical companies that sell the drugs.

People have ruined their lives with finasteride, and there are whole forums dedicated to people that are trying to get their lives back from it. I have been vocal in the past about some over managing of this forum, where I thought admins should have been more lenient and open, but I strongly disagree I'm overreacting to the finasteride situation. If you want to talk about the potential benefits of finasteride go to hair loss talk.

Progesterone

I don't think we should censor finasteride talk... (and that's coming from someone who would never use fin and is scared sh*tless of it)

raypeatclips

I don't think we should censor finasteride talk... (and that's coming from someone who would never use fin and is scared sh*tless of it)

The first few posts I would say are positive, you have to scroll down and be really involved in the thread to see the negatives, I doubt many would read more than the first post. You think the forum should indirectly promote finasteride?

Progesterone

The first few posts I would say are positive, you have to scroll down and be really involved in the thread to see the negatives, I doubt many would read more than the first post. You think the forum should indirectly promote finasteride?

I think the forum should promote open and honest discussion.

If someone is using finasteride, are you proposing we ban them?

raypeatclips

I think the forum should promote open and honest discussion.

If someone is using finasteride, are you proposing we ban them?

Hair loss talk has been questioned by many for years as being secretly run by the pharmaceutical companies that sell finasteride, with posts critcising the drug mysteriously disappearing, and certain posters explaining at huge length why all the risks of finasteride are exaggerated and engaging in extended debates as to why people are wrong to question it. Do you consider that forum a legitimate source of "open and honest discussion"?

Please show me where I have mentioned banning individual members.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

I would never recommend finasteride, perhaps the title wasn't appropriate which I wasn't able to edit. I found the article interesting as the person had a detailed description about his experience. It made me think, how the hormonal change caused by those drugs could be achieved, using natural products without all those negative effects.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I would never recommend finasteride, perhaps the title wasn't appropriate which I wasn't able to edit. I found the article interesting as the person had a detailed description about his experience. It made me think, how the hormonal change caused by those drugs could be achieved, using natural products without all those negative effects.
Would you like me to change the title to something else?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Maybe even copy and paste the negative comments he posted further down the page in the OP like we all do with studies, snippets of the interesting or relevant bits?
That's a good idea. I'd be more happy to do make those changes. @Rosie

Progesterone

Hair loss talk has been questioned by many for years as being secretly run by the pharmaceutical companies that sell finasteride, with posts critcising the drug mysteriously disappearing, and certain posters explaining at huge length why all the risks of finasteride are exaggerated and engaging in extended debates as to why people are wrong to question it. Do you consider that forum a legitimate source of "open and honest discussion"?

Please show me where I have mentioned banning individual members.

Why are we discussing 'hair loss talk' forum

Show me where I said that you mentioned to ban individual members... I didn't, nor did you; it was simply a question.

I think if someone wants to post here about finasteride, they should be allowed to. As much as we hate to admit it, it has helped some people, and helped them without side effects.

Arrade

You know what's interesting, is the user 'whatevr' on HTL forum... he has used finasteride, RU, etc.. and said the best treatment for hair he's ever used was topical estrogen (estradiol).

It's very inexpensive to buy a cream off amazon.

Wonder if anyone is game enough to try this? To be honest, I may be, if things get bad enough. I would rather use that, than use finasteride.

For now, my hair is looking decent after dropping Tyromix which caused all kinds of heavy shedding. I stopped Progesterone for now as well, and I am only using Methylene Blue (around 600mcg a day right now).

Shedding seems very stabilized compared to 1-2 weeks ago!

@Joeyd you mentioned before how you believe MB is the best thing for hair density, can you comment more on that please? have you noticed this using MB yourself?
hahaha i talk to that man almost everyday. Currently he is using eqoul, i think the racemic and making liposomes. He said the eqoul gives sides, but less sides and more results than fin

Progesterone

hahaha i talk to that man almost everyday. Currently he is using eqoul, i think the racemic and making liposomes. He said the eqoul gives sides, but less sides and more results than fin

I saw there's a girl there who is also using equol... both orally and topically.

Why not just use equol orally? not potent enough?

Arrade

Some people claim to maintain on fin and dut without sides. I can't judge them, i couldnt take topical for even a day but I don't think all of them are talking themselves into castration, they seem to do ok.
Of course, unhealthy; if you look at the current treatments out there you won't find much tho.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals