Very Interesting Hair Growth Experiment

OP
D

dreamcatcher

What's interesting about this? The person takes finasteride, dutasteride, oral minoxidil. Posts like this should be far away from this forum.
What's interesting about this? The person takes finasteride, dutasteride, oral minoxidil. Posts like this should be far away from this forum.
It's the negative side effects associated with taking those drugs. It's a very detailed description and some people on this forum use some of these drugs.
You don't need to mock people btw.

raypeatclips

It felt like you found it ridiculous that I shared the link on this forum.

I am a little bit confused to be honest, after reading the post further in case I missed something, the post seems a pretty positive account of the drugs. The OP says he hasn't noticed much negative effects, other than raised liver enzymes, which can even happen with something like cyproheptadine. There are far more damning accounts of the drugs than this. I also strongly believe the hair loss talk forum has pharmaceutical companies involvement on the inside.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

I am a little bit confused to be honest, after reading the post further in case I missed something, the post seems a pretty positive account of the drugs. The OP says he hasn't noticed much negative effects, other than raised liver enzymes, which can even happen with something like cyproheptadine. There are far more damning accounts of the drugs than this.
He discontinued some of them because of the 'disturbing liver test results'.

Luk3

I was on Fin for 2-3 years. My experiences:

- Limp d**k
- Watery semen
- Continued hairloss

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Oh yeah, I saw that, he's still taking dutasteride though, he can't be too concerned, strange.
Well yeah, at the end it's a personal choice. I know how stressful it can be to lose a lot of hair :(

His words:
"I hate all these drugs. They're horrible for the long-term. You know the idea of known knowns, known unknowns, etc? For me, all these drugs have that issue. There are the bad effects which are known, both short-term and long-term. Then there are the known unknowns, the potential effects that are not yet observed but have been speculated might occur. But then on top of all that, you have to recognize that there are effects - the unknown unknowns - that aren't even currently considered which could hurt us in the future.

In life-threatening situations, you take these risks for the short-term benefit. But in my case, it's not life-threatening; it's "only" hair loss. I constantly ask myself how much risk to my health is worth it to me in exchange for an unknown benefit on my hair.

I've looked at a huge list of drugs such as dutasteride, finasteride, oral minoxidil, estrogen, bicalutamide, spironolactone, cyproterone acetate, flutamide, JAK inhibitors, prostaglandins, valproic acid, darolutamide. I've ended up using a bunch of them based on my evaluation of their risk-reward profile. My idea is the same as everyone's: get the best hair benefit at the lowest health risk. But they all suck, and I think very much about the huge risk of long-term damage. I've seen hair-loss people who think they're fine if they get no short-term side effects from the drugs. In my case, it's true that I essentially have no short-term side effects. But I still don't feel good about it, because the long-term risk is very big. I hope to live a very long life, and I worry about how much I might be hurting my 100+ year-old self, damage that even future science won't be able to fix. It's a horrible thing we're doing to our bodies: no one would take any of these drugs in normal circumstances. But hair loss is so terrible for some people - me, for sure, and probably you and most people on this forum as well, I'd guess - that we're willing to run the massive long-term health risk just to get the possibility of less hair loss."

xetawaves

Acknowledges how bad the drugs are and takes fin and dut together..

Last edited:
OP
D

dreamcatcher

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting. I think ceritizine is the only one I might try though!
You're welcome. Have you tried other Peaty things? I thought you liked MB as an effective treatment?

Interesting
No evidence if Nizoral helps my hair loss/growth, but it eliminates the itching feeling on my scalp for a period of 2-3 hours after use.
Sign of too much estrogens. Probably estradiol is activating mast cells releasing histamine, that itches. The working ingredient here ketoconazol influences cannabinoid receptors in the skin via anandamide which affects mast cells in an anti-inflammatory way. ketoconazol affects the cellular uptake and hydrolysis of the endogenous cannabinoid receptor ligand anandamide (AEA).

some anti-inflammatory effects of CB1 ligands may be attributable to sustained cAMP elevation that, in turn, causes suppression of mast cell degranulation.

No idea if cetirizine has directly helped with my hair loss and regrowth; I'd guess it's likely a contributor, but I can't be certain. But it definitely is the best product I have found against itching. My itching stops very quickly after use; the reduction in itching can last 12 hours, sometimes up to 24 hours. To make sure I wasn't deluding myself, I blind-tested a topical with cetirizine and one without; the experiment confirmed my feeling that the reduction in itching occurs due to the cetirizine.
another sign of too much estrogens, but he was taking a lot of anti-androgens :confused Antihistamines for Pattern Hair Loss?

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Interesting
Sign of too much estrogens. Probably estradiol is activating mast cells releasing histamine, that itches. The working ingredient here ketoconazol influences cannabinoid receptors in the skin via anandamide which affects mast cells in an anti-inflammatory way. ketoconazol affects the cellular uptake and hydrolysis of the endogenous cannabinoid receptor ligand anandamide (AEA).

some anti-inflammatory effects of CB1 ligands may be attributable to sustained cAMP elevation that, in turn, causes suppression of mast cell degranulation.

another sign of too much estrogens, but he was taking a lot of anti-androgens :confused Antihistamines for Pattern Hair Loss?
Interesting @General Orange thank you for your comment! He even wanted to use estrogen but changed his mind after having success with his initial treatment. I find him quite sincere and intelligent, I think it would be good to introduce Peat's ideas to him..

Progesterone

You know what's interesting, is the user 'whatevr' on HTL forum... he has used finasteride, RU, etc.. and said the best treatment for hair he's ever used was topical estrogen (estradiol).

It's very inexpensive to buy a cream off amazon.

Wonder if anyone is game enough to try this? To be honest, I may be, if things get bad enough. I would rather use that, than use finasteride.

For now, my hair is looking decent after dropping Tyromix which caused all kinds of heavy shedding. I stopped Progesterone for now as well, and I am only using Methylene Blue (around 600mcg a day right now).

Shedding seems very stabilized compared to 1-2 weeks ago!

@Joeyd you mentioned before how you believe MB is the best thing for hair density, can you comment more on that please? have you noticed this using MB yourself?

OP
D

dreamcatcher

You know what's interesting, is the user 'whatevr' on HTL forum... he has used finasteride, RU, etc.. and said the best treatment for hair he's ever used was topical estrogen (estradiol).

It's very inexpensive to buy a cream off amazon.

Wonder if anyone is game enough to try this? To be honest, I may be, if things get bad enough. I would rather use that, than use finasteride.

For now, my hair is looking decent after dropping Tyromix which caused all kinds of heavy shedding. I stopped Progesterone for now as well, and I am only using Methylene Blue (around 600mcg a day right now).

Shedding seems very stabilized compared to 1-2 weeks ago!

@Joeyd you mentioned before how you believe MB is the best thing for hair density, can you comment more on that please? have you noticed this using MB yourself?
Tyromix also caused shedding in my case!
This might be helpful to read about how HRT plays a role when it comes to decalcifying the scalp:

https://perfecthairhealth.com/trans-hormone-replacement-therapy-hair-regrowth/

Progesterone

Tyromix also caused shedding in my case!
This might be helpful to read about how HRT plays a role when it comes to decalcifying the scalp:

https://perfecthairhealth.com/trans-hormone-replacement-therapy-hair-regrowth/

Tyromix caused you shedding so bad you stopped, eh? It's a shame because T3 is such a g** d*** good mood booster for me, too.

I read that article, thanks Rosie :)

That's why I am curious about testing out estrogen (estradiol/estriol).

If I can get away with using a dosage that doesn't cause sides but keeps hair stable, perfect.

Last edited by a moderator: