Unimaginable Possibilities & Impossible Minds (with photos)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
yeah i think that we view the world in possibilities, and you can either be a reducing valve or an opening to any possibilities, its okay to be agnostic, but being dismissive is negative

I think you need to be positive in this thread and for good health. I wanted this thread to be exciting, positive and mind provoking. I was reluctant to make this post knowing I was gonna be dealing with mostly left brained people, but John 3:12 kept me true to myself....

"If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?"

I think great inventors achieve greater heights than most using both their left AND right brains, believing what others view as impossible to be possible. I think left brained people miss out on a lot of opportunities being dismissive and negative.

Regina

while they arent necessary, i think that expirimenting with psychedelics is the quickest and easiest way to breakfree from the matrix that makes coincidence and randomness seem more probable than luck and synchronicity. even if only using microdoses. also staying away from dismissive people seems important. the kind of people who have no sense of curiousity or openness, theyve embodied learned helplessness. Read erowid trip reports, listen to people like Terrence McKenna, interact with different divination methods etc. all of this can cultivate a sense of there being more than the corporate propagandized mechanical view on life. Not the only way, but its a very quick and easy method.
:thumbsup:

Regina

I totally agree with your point of staying away from dismissive people. I think back on the many of them who had every negative reason for the the "cant's". The many more things I should have done if I hadn't let them burst my bubble.
"The many more things I should have done if I hadn't let them burst my bubble."
Oy. Yep.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"For many years I described culture as the perceived limits of possibility, but people usually prefer to think of it as the learned rules of conduct in a society. In the late 1950s I was talking with a psychologist about the nature of “mental maps,” and I said that I found my way around campus by reference to mental pictures of the locations of things, and he said that his method was to follow a series of rules, “go out the front door and turn left, turn left at the first corner, walk three blocks and turn right, ....up the stairs, turn right, fourth office on the left.” He had been studying mental processes for about 40 years, so his claim made an impression on me.

I thought this style of thinking might have something to do with the growing technological preference for digital, rather than analog, devices. The complexity and continuity of the real world is made to seem more precise and concrete by turning it into rules and numbers." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Coincidence' is just a word for when we can not see the bigger plan." - Sonny Kapoor

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"To reach useful simplicities, we usually have to sift through the accumulated rationalizations previous generations have produced to justify doing things their way. If we could start with an accurate understanding of what life is, and what we are doing here, science could be built up deductively as well as by the accumulation of evidence. But the fact that we have grown up amid false and unworkable models of what life is, means that we have to lean heavily on evidence, building up new models inductively, imaginatively, and scientifically. Textbooks and professional journals can be useful if they are seen as monuments to past beliefs, and not as authorities to be accepted. Examining the dogmatic models of life and the world in which life exists, we can better understand the nature of the existing barriers to constructive work." -Ray Peat

Superhumaness

"An environment that fosters optimal intelligence will necessarily promote the development of emotional health, and will almost certainly foster good physical health and longevity, because no part of the physiological system can thrive at the expense of another part. And within the boundaries of life-enriching environments, there are infinite possibilities for variety." -Ray Peat
I love these quotes. Im new to the site. Are they on this website or has he a book?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I love these quotes. Im new to the site. Are they on this website or has he a book?
I find them by mostly reading his articles, and sometimes throughout the forum or on websites that appreciate his work. Welcome to the forum! How long have you been interested in Ray Peat's stuff?

Last edited:

Superhumaness

I find them modtly reading his articles, and sometimes throughout the forum or on websites that appreciate his work. Welcome to the forum! How long have you been interested in Ray Peat's stuff?
Thank you! I will check them out more. I have peeked into it for a couple of months but something is saying to now delve. ;)

Regina

"For many years I described culture as the perceived limits of possibility, but people usually prefer to think of it as the learned rules of conduct in a society. In the late 1950s I was talking with a psychologist about the nature of “mental maps,” and I said that I found my way around campus by reference to mental pictures of the locations of things, and he said that his method was to follow a series of rules, “go out the front door and turn left, turn left at the first corner, walk three blocks and turn right, ....up the stairs, turn right, fourth office on the left.” He had been studying mental processes for about 40 years, so his claim made an impression on me.

I thought this style of thinking might have something to do with the growing technological preference for digital, rather than analog, devices. The complexity and continuity of the real world is made to seem more precise and concrete by turning it into rules and numbers." -Ray Peat
I love these bite and gulp-sized quotes! Thx for putting them up.

This one reminded me of Hurricane Andrew in Miami. My sister walked through the downed telephone poles, trees and rumble 1 mile to see if I made it through the storm at my house. When we walked together back to my Mom's house, I was stunned at how completely disorienting it was. Street signs and visual cues were gone.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

This one reminded me of Hurricane Andrew in Miami. My sister walked through the downed telephone poles, trees and rumble 1 mile to see if I made it through the storm at my house. When we walked together back to my Mom's house, I was stunned at how completely disorienting it was. Street signs and visual cues were gone.
What a perfectly relatable story you have told to relate to exactly what Ray Peat said Regina! What an AWESOME sister!

Rafe

This was in my mind when I saw the destruction from the burned down neighborhoods in Superior CO last week.

I was wondering how disorienting it would if all the built environment suddenly was flattened (tornado, fire, like you said hurricane) & there were no visual cues.

But not just disorienting. But how the mind handles such unexpected shifts. I think about that a lot now.

You know how people react differently to the unexpected death of a person they know? When this first happened to me when I was a teenager it was weird. I thought people were playing a joke on me. My mind couldn’t accept it.

So there is the disorientation. Then there is the shifting & openness of the mind. That must be what RP is talking about. But not about news about death, but better things.

@Rinse & rePeat those quotes are great. And I thought I knew most of the best RP quotes. Nope. You got more!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This was in my mind when I saw the destruction from the burned down neighborhoods in Superior CO last week.

I was wondering how disorienting it would if all the built environment suddenly was flattened (tornado, fire, like you said hurricane) & there were no visual cues.

But not just disorienting. But how the mind handles such unexpected shifts. I think about that a lot now.

You know how people react differently to the unexpected death of a person they know? When this first happened to me when I was a teenager it was weird. I thought people were playing a joke on me. My mind couldn’t accept it.

So there is the disorientation. Then there is the shifting & openness of the mind. That must be what RP is talking about. But not about news about death, but better things.

@Rinse & rePeat those quotes are great. And I thought I knew most of the best RP quotes. Nope. You got more!
Ha! Ha! Ha! That makes me smile Rafe to have slipped a new quote in for ya! I am so pleased when I can be of help, health wise or just opening our minds more for possibilities, strength or encouragement. I find many of Ray Peat's quotes to be life changing for me, probably saving me from from going right (the usual) when I should be going left. I reflect on them often, like many other quotes in the Bible or from other brilliant minds, that think away from the majority. Those powerfully boxed thought have put my life on a higher functioning level. I know what you mean about someone suddenly dying. It is disorienting. Our lives are so reliant on some people, because we either rely on them for strength or guidance or just because the "whole" revolves around that person, because they have been there so long or because they involve themselves in the unit the most. I know people who fit every one of those descriptions. Familiarity is a comfort, whether it be healthy or not, because the unknown is scary to some, like "the devil you know" verses the devil you dont know. It is just not worth the chance for some better, veering away from that tree stump or weak little branch, to better their position in life. If they could only think that maybe there is no devil at all. I live by the saying "Go out on a limb, that is where all the fruit is". I am impressed with people, like Regina's sister who, didn't wait for someone to ensure her safety, and went out by herself, and walked that mile for her sister.

I've been on some big fires and that was by far the toughest scene I've ever had to stomach. Did you or anyone you know lose a home?

Cloudhands

my grandpa and i were super close my whole life. when i was 15 my mom picked me up from school crying and told me he died. it was odd, but i didnt feel the least bit sad about it and had no emotional reaction at all. it wasnt until i saw his body at his funeral that i broke down crying super bad, but then when they closed the casket i was no longer sad, it didnt feel like he was dead.

when i was 19 i was living with my mom and the house we were living in, the one i grew up in, burned to ashes including all of our stuff. she freaked out and had a panic attack that paramedics needed to help her with, where as i had no emotional reaction, and for some reason felt kind of elated, like i was letting go of a heavy weight i had been holding on to. everyone reacts differently to things, and i wonder what our reactions say about us.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I wish I could have gotten a better picture, but this was an oddity in the sky yesterday. It didn't seem to be moving much.

Attachments

• 20220224_134605.jpg
    20220224_134605.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220224_134555.jpg
    20220224_134555.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Doctrines are admitted into the "scientific canon" by those who have the power of censorship. In astronomy, Halton Arp's discovery of "anomalous" galactic red-shifts is practically unknown, because the journal editors say the observations are "just anomalies," or that the theories which could explain them are unconventional; but the actual problem is that they are strong evidence against The Big Bang, Hubble's Law, and the Expanding Universe. American science, since the 1940s, has probably been the most censored and doctrinaire in the world." -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals