Ideal Lab Values (a meeting of the minds)

RealNeat

Many people get labs and then they don't utilize the values to their full potential because they don't know what to look for or what picture is being drawn by the results. If you have good evidence and a strong opinion on any labs that people are or should be getting please post ideal values here and possibly give a quick summary of why you think so and how to get things in range. Thank you!

Anyone is welcome to contribute but I'll tag a few folks who I think may want to get things rolling.

Also if you know of any documents that already do this, especially Peat I inspired, please link them here!

@haidut @Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Many people get labs and then they don't utilize the values to their full potential because they don't know what to look for or what picture is being drawn by the results. If you have good evidence and a strong opinion on any labs that people are or should be getting please post ideal values here and possibly give a quick summary of why you think so and how to get things in range. Thank you!

Anyone is welcome to contribute but I'll tag a few folks who I think may want to get things rolling.

Also if you know of any documents that already do this, especially Peat I inspired, please link them here!

@haidut @Hans
It depends on what the person needs help with. If it's for T optimization, I'd ask about diet and lifestyle. If everything is on point, I'd look into things that might inhibit testosterone production, such as prolactin, heavy metals, gut issues, allergens (evident based on white blood cells, etc.) and so on. If someone has ED, then markers such as fasting glucose, lipids, homocysteine, folate, B12, hsCRP and so on will be more helpful.
If someone has low energy, I'd ask about diet and lifestyle. Are they potentially eating foods that might be making them worse? Then replace those. Then after that look into what might be lowering energy. Most of the time it's gut issues.
Overall I'm a big fan of the organic acid test and stool test.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

It depends on what the person needs help with. If it's for T optimization, I'd ask about diet and lifestyle. If everything is on point, I'd look into things that might inhibit testosterone production, such as prolactin, heavy metals, gut issues, allergens (evident based on white blood cells, etc.) and so on. If someone has ED, then markers such as fasting glucose, lipids, homocysteine, folate, B12, hsCRP and so on will be more helpful.
If someone has low energy, I'd ask about diet and lifestyle. Are they potentially eating foods that might be making them worse? Then replace those. Then after that look into what might be lowering energy. Most of the time it's gut issues.
Overall I'm a big fan of the organic acid test and stool test.
For sure, that all makes sense. However I'm more so looking for resources that outline specific labs values and what one considers to be the optimal range, ratio etc... from full metabolic panels to hormones etc

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Since im not getting much action i will do my best to start listing some nutrients, hormones and minerals and their ideal values. I will be using mostly Peat, Danny Roddy, @haidut and Chris Masterjohn as reference.

Please feel free to correct me, add to it or dive deeper into something i list. I may occasionally tag people whose input I would like.

@yerrag @Mittir

Last edited:

Peatress

Have you found this to align with Peat principles?
Good question. Based on the TSH and cholesterol levels alone - not exactly

I will attach it regardless

Attachments

• Blood Chemistry and CBC Analysis - Weatherby and Ferguson.pdf
    616.7 KB · Views: 88
OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Good question. Based on the TSH and cholesterol levels alone - not exactly

I will attach it regardless
Sounds good thank you! If you feel like contributing, even if it be 1 lab marker you are educated on please do.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

@Dan W if you are stilla round these parts could you please contribute more jems like these on this thread? I really wantt people to be able to come to this thread and have at least some idea what their labs are telling them in a Peat influenced perspective. Im totally open to non Peat views on labs but i would like the person to state that before someone mistakes it as a Ray backed perspective. Demystifying Routine Labs #1-3: Creatinine And EGFR (my Absurd Videos)

sunny

Hal Huggins research

"
Armed with the work of Melvin Page as a foundation for his research with diet related to blood chemistry, and their relationship with dental and total health, Dr. Huggins consults clients world wide, tuning into their ancestral diet, supplementation and balancing blood chemistry.

He does not support amalgam fillings, toxic metals in the mouth, root canals, bone grafts, or dental implants; as his ongoing research shows all are quite hazardous to ones health.

On your blood tests you see a “Normal Range”. Dr. Huggins suggests most diseases happen in this “Normal Range.”

Dr. Huggins has looked at over 300,000 blood chemistry data points to refine (in clinical situations) the most ideal areas, (stability point), in a blood profile. Here are some of the ideal data points he uses in his work. Huggins says the “normal” range used by hospitals and laboratories has nothing to do with health, although that is the implication. “Normal” is a statistical word referring to two standard deviations from the mean, or , simply stated, 95.5% of the population under investigation. Most of the hospitalized patients are sick. Dr. Huggins continues, “Is this who you want to be compared with?”

The stability range is a very narrow range that is most often associated with healthy people with no amalgams, root canals, or other toxic materials in their mouths. Sometimes a “stability point” can be used to describe that point at which high levels stop dropping and low levels stop climbing. Slight variations from the “perfect point” do not mean disease. The stability point serves as a target for interpretation.

Below may be a starting point for you to see where you are in a moment in time with your own blood analysis*

Calcium 9.6

Phosphorous 4.0

Fasting Glucose 75

Cholesterol 222

Triglycerides < 100

Uric Acid < 4.5

B.U.N. 15

Total Protein 7.0

Albumin 4.6

Globulin 2.4

Bilirubin < 1.0

SGOT (AST) < 25

SGPT (ALT) < 50

Creatintine < 1.0

Sodium 142

Potassium 4.5

Chloride 107

CPK ≤100

Red Blood Cells 5.0

Hemoglobin 15

Hematocrit 46

Mean Corpuscular Vol. 90

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Hal Huggins research

"
Armed with the work of Melvin Page as a foundation for his research with diet related to blood chemistry, and their relationship with dental and total health, Dr. Huggins consults clients world wide, tuning into their ancestral diet, supplementation and balancing blood chemistry.

He does not support amalgam fillings, toxic metals in the mouth, root canals, bone grafts, or dental implants; as his ongoing research shows all are quite hazardous to ones health.

On your blood tests you see a “Normal Range”. Dr. Huggins suggests most diseases happen in this “Normal Range.”

Dr. Huggins has looked at over 300,000 blood chemistry data points to refine (in clinical situations) the most ideal areas, (stability point), in a blood profile. Here are some of the ideal data points he uses in his work. Huggins says the “normal” range used by hospitals and laboratories has nothing to do with health, although that is the implication. “Normal” is a statistical word referring to two standard deviations from the mean, or , simply stated, 95.5% of the population under investigation. Most of the hospitalized patients are sick. Dr. Huggins continues, “Is this who you want to be compared with?”

The stability range is a very narrow range that is most often associated with healthy people with no amalgams, root canals, or other toxic materials in their mouths. Sometimes a “stability point” can be used to describe that point at which high levels stop dropping and low levels stop climbing. Slight variations from the “perfect point” do not mean disease. The stability point serves as a target for interpretation.

Below may be a starting point for you to see where you are in a moment in time with your own blood analysis*

Calcium 9.6

Phosphorous 4.0

Fasting Glucose 75

Cholesterol 222

Triglycerides < 100

Uric Acid < 4.5

B.U.N. 15

Total Protein 7.0

Albumin 4.6

Globulin 2.4

Bilirubin < 1.0

SGOT (AST) < 25

SGPT (ALT) < 50

Creatintine < 1.0

Sodium 142

Potassium 4.5

Chloride 107

CPK ≤100

Red Blood Cells 5.0

Hemoglobin 15

Hematocrit 46

Mean Corpuscular Vol. 90
Awesome thanks!

TheDogsDid-It!

Forum Supporter
Awesome thanks!
RealNeat information I've been looking for, for soooo long. I'm lucky in that, I do have insurance that pays for most, but have had to go outside the system for microbiome and micronutrient testing. Where I am stuck is with micronutrient testing. I can't find a company that you can order directly through. I tried VibrantAmerica twice and both times had to go through a physician with additional expenses. Looking at the results, and the fact that one small pin poke to the finger to order, it doesn't seem like I need doctor to do that.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

@DaveFoster if you are around I would love some input here. Cover as many labs as you would like. Thanks!

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster if you are around I would love some input here. Cover as many labs as you would like. Thanks!
It's difficult to know because lab values have interdependency in many cases. If one range corrects to a more "optimal" level, then others will be affected as well.

He's correct that, as the general population becomes more unwell, the "normal" range for lab values will gravitate away from the "optimal" ranges; knowing the medical industry, they'll probably just adjust the reference points and treat it as an anomaly, or they might justify it somehow, saying that the "new reference ranges are actually more representative of x," where x stands for some irrelevant and potentially politicized factor.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

It's difficult to know because lab values have interdependency in many cases. If one range corrects to a more "optimal" level, then others will be affected as well.

He's correct that, as the general population becomes more unwell, the "normal" range for lab values will gravitate away from the "optimal" ranges; knowing the medical industry, they'll probably just adjust the reference points and treat it as an anomaly, or they might justify it somehow, saying that the "new reference ranges are actually more representative of x," where x stands for some irrelevant and potentially politicized factor.
Good points and all the more reason to cultivate that data so we can refer to it when a T of 20 is some day considered "high."

I have a very large document I am working on right now that links much of what was listed here and others I have found. My hope is that people can use it to interpret their results and weigh the intricacies you mention. As complex as bloodwork and interpretation can be ideal ranges seem to be here to stay and I am trying to define them and at the same time get opinions on their meaning.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals