Ray Peat Inspired Lab Ranges and Explanations

RealNeat

I would like the forums support on getting together as much blood, hair, nail, urine etc. testing result interpretations as possible. Even tests such as eye brow length, reflex test, EKG and blood pressure, which are minimally invasive tests can still be listed as they are important.

Ray has had many quotes over the years interpreting many different texts (some he did on himself like oxygen consumption test) and suggesting optimal ranges or general insights. Getting those together in one place would help many.

To keep it well grounded personal theories should be differentiated from Rays theories and quotes and studies to back up claims would be best.

For example: if someone thinks TSH should be 1 instead of Rays ideal often quoted .1 then proper citations and reasoning should be explained as well as possible, ideally in one message.

If possible, I don't want to clog the thread with musings so that people can peruse the thread and interpret their labs with ease.

If you know of an ideal range that you've investigated please leave the test name, range, ideal range and cite your source, reasoning and any caveat.

I will contribute when I fully vet the information I have before posting, I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Thank you!

Donna57

Forum Supporter
I have labs drawn every three months for review. I find it very helpful and insightful to upload them to this Health matters site that reads the labs, interprets and suggests optimal levels with explanations. https://healthmatters.io/results/graphs/

Everybody's body is different and has different needs. The labs are not enough but knowing why or why not our body is using the chemicals and processing properly or what in the way of utilizing, processing the way it should be is more critical.

I was put in touch with a lab in Germany IGL that did a blood serum test for the Mitochondria and found that my SOD1 enzyme is blocked (attached) I'm not sure how to understand this but thought maybe sharing on this site of knowledgeable and intelligent individuals someone will lead me down a path to explore. I started drinking MB Low dose to help with the elctron transsfer.

I'm now wondering if my higher than average blood sugar levels are due to not processing glucose properly. Im 5"5 125lbs my daily food take is 2 meals I have always internement fasted as a lifestyle and exercise so there was no apparent reason for the recent high blood sugar ( last 6 months)

Attachments

• Marshall, Donna_ IGL Report 21008.pdf
    125.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I have labs drawn every three months for review. I find it very helpful and insightful to upload them to this Health matters site that reads the labs, interprets and suggests optimal levels with explanations. https://healthmatters.io/results/graphs/

Everybody's body is different and has different needs. The labs are not enough but knowing why or why not our body is using the chemicals and processing properly or what in the way of utilizing, processing the way it should be is more critical.

I was put in touch with a lab in Germany IGL that did a blood serum test for the Mitochondria and found that my SOD1 enzyme is blocked (attached) I'm not sure how to understand this but thought maybe sharing on this site of knowledgeable and intelligent individuals someone will lead me down a path to explore. I started drinking MB Low dose to help with the elctron transsfer.

I'm now wondering if my higher than average blood sugar levels are due to not processing glucose properly. Im 5"5 125lbs my daily food take is 2 meals I have always internement fasted as a lifestyle and exercise so there was no apparent reason for the recent high blood sugar ( last 6 months)
Are you new to the work of Ray Peat? if you have been exercising and fasting those are not really the best things for health at least not in the Ray Peat paradigm. Exercise beyond a certain extent releases FFA and they could be PUFA which would block thyroid and cause issues with blood sugar. Fasting is a stress, just like exercise and also liberates FFA, all the metabolic processes that those two interventions encourage are mediated by stress hormones. Those seem like good reasons why your blood sugar regulation may not be optimal.