Eliminate The Positive. It's Making Us Ill

whodathunkit

I forgot to ask how are you able to do it on yourself? That lady said she starts feet away from the body.
I got a set of Solfeggio forks and start with the big one on my feet chakra, working through knees and all "traditional" chakras to the crown. I also got a few big weighted ones and use those on bones associated with energy centers (pubic bone, sacrum, sternum, cranium, etc.). You just strike them on a special piece of rubber made into a striker, or a rubber hockey puck, or even your knee or the fleshy part of your hand beneath your thumb (both the latter can hurt a bit after a few strikes, so rubber is better) and then point the tines of the fork at the chakra you're targeting until you can't hear the tone any more. I usually go on how the fork feels in my hands, so I go until I can't feel the vibrations any more. I usually listen to the tone at least once, then point a couple times. Maybe listen again. Then move to the next area. Do whatever works for you.

Some people like the regular Harmonic scale forks as opposed to Solfeggio scale (would have bought a set of Harmonics, too, except not flush with $$$ right now). Don't pay any attention to "Dr. Puleo and the 'discovery' of the 'soooper-seeekrit' Solfeggio scale", BTW. Solfeggio has been around a long time...it's the "do-re-mi" scale from Sound of Music, for example. I think Puleo extrapolated a couple of tones to add to it, but that's it. Mysterious New Age clap-trap urban legends drive me crazy. :roll:

If you've only got $$ for a couple of forks you might read Beaulieu's book and look into the C & G tuners. They're supposed to create a "perfect" musical interval that sets up a healing frequency/vibration. I don't understand music theory yet although my experience with the forks has provoked me into learning it and also learning to play piano. Slow going since so many irons in the fire ATM. Anyway, C and G are both included in the Harmonic set. Again, something I want to try but can wait since I've gotten really good results with the tuners I have.

So good luck. Let me know if you decide to try them and what you think! :)

Nova

Playing to be superman as a child does... yes! It's funny. I get what you mean. I agree with that. But at a collective level... we are not. Do we really accept we are not superman ? Or we try by any means to become more like him ?

Every superhero has an origin story. Superman was superhuman, but he wasn't an earthling. IMO, he wasn't really human. Humans can't overcome our humanity, so there's no point in striving to become like Superman.

We can, however, become superhuman through sheer will and determination. Batman, for instance, is a guy who channeled his rage into avenging the death of his parents via acts of covert heroics. He wasn't born with special powers, nor did he obtain them through a freak accident or a curse or some other such thing. He made his own path to superior humanity.

The TVTropes website explains Batman's origin story like this:
Pure Will: A suitably motivated mere mortal achieves a high degree of competence in crimefighting owing to a combination of extreme training and/or scientific/engineering ability along with native ingenuity

Mere mortals can become superhuman, if they are suitably motivated, train hard, possess certain abilities, and are reasonably intelligent and sane. (Insanity tends to turn superhumans into super-villains, not superheroes.)

There's also the path of creating your own powers using technology and science like Tony Stark / Ironman did. Transhumanists choose this path. However, they aren't aiming to become superhuman. They aim to "transcend humanity", whatever that means.

What I meant by "perfection" is not attempting to become "perfect"- rather, it is more a perfecting, or attempting to improve oneself, having lived and learned from life's lessons, and then, make appropriate adjustments for the better is sort of what I meant. By your definition, I agree with you as well.

Perfection is a tricky term.

I disagree with you on that. True, this life is a journey. ..true, we can improve upon our limitations, to some extent...But I also see this life as further preparation for the continuing afterlife....and that definition is not encapsulated within the confines and dictates of man made religion....it's much bigger than that.

I believe that there is something beyond the physical plane of existence. My best guess is that we return to the dust and the life cycle continues from there. All there is, is endless recycled energy.

I was never very good at positive thinking, hopefulness, and the rest. I'm a realist, not a truthteller. ;)

whodathunkit

What's tapping?
A therapeutic technique that's supposed to help you let go of negative emotions/patterns/conditioning. It involves tapping acupressure points or strategic places on the body while saying or thinking certain things to help let go. An overview here:

Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) - Emotional Health

It drove me effing crazy, almost as much as the crap I was trying to help by using it. But people seem to find it effective. I guess I'm an outlier.

Or, now that I think about it, maybe it stirred up more energy than I was ready for at the time. I do believe with these subtle energy techniques you have to have a certain reservoir of energy available for them to be optimally and noticeably effective. When I tried EFT I was in the The Pit. Slough of Despond. No drive, no will, no wish except to lay down and sleep and never wake up. For the most part I hated everything and everybody except my dogs and cats. I have a pretty deep misanthropic streak. It was years ago. But when I started with tuning forks a couple months ago I was already well on the road to recovery due to all the physiological therapeutics I'd applied over the last three years. Then the forks seemed to tap into the available energy, order it in a beneficial manner, and kick my recovery into overdrive. Mostly by altering my psychological outlook startlingly, remarkably, and consistently for the better.

Last edited:

lvysaur

Interesting. Listening to tuning forks sounds like it could also be a loose type of meditation.

I have a pretty deep misanthropic streak.

Is that why you have a neanderthal reconstruction as your profile pic?

goodandevil

We were put here to be human. not to advance to the next plane, not to be recycled, not to think as god, but to be fully immersed and responsive to everything human. this is it. if we dont fix the world now we're ****88 and it's ****88. thats great secret. without this truth there's no connection to purpose, no goal. all this religion/reincarnation/whatever is comforting bull****.

whodathunkit

Is that why you have a neanderthal reconstruction as your profile pic?
LOL. I got my DNA tested and I'm 3.1% Neanderthal. The average person's DNA is something like 2.6%. I thought it was kinda funny. My late father would have gotten a big charge out of it. Could explain a lot. :p

Seriously, couldn't speculate about the misanthropic streak. I think it would be a mistake to attribute any traits absolutely to one branch of humans to another, given how very, very little we know about anything that's not right in front of our noses. Or even how little some of us seem to know about stuff that *is* right in front of our noses.

Interestingly, the avatar looks oddly like a picture of me that was taken when I was a teenager. Of course not the heavy eyebrow ridges, and my nose is much thinner, teeth not so prominent, but weirdly similar. Almost like someone had that old pic and photoshopped it into the Neanderthal woman. I came across it in Google right after I had my DNA tested and got so tickled with it I decided to use it.

Listening to tuning forks sounds like it could also be a loose type of meditation.
It is. They definitely alter mood/state, and quickly. Soothing and peaceful, but not soporific.

Thanks I feel very empowered to write more

lvysaur

I got my DNA tested and I'm 3.1% Neanderthal.

Was it with 23andme? Do they tell you anything about desaturase or TLR4 genes?

The neanderthal quip was a joke btw, in the sense of "being so misanthropic as to avoid having a photo of a proper homosapien". My opinion is that pretty much all anthropological reconstructions are unconsciously biased, and are basically popsci candy.

whodathunkit

The neanderthal quip was a joke btw, in the sense of "being so misanthropic as to avoid having a photo of a proper homosapien".
LOL Gotcha. Flew right over my neaderthal brain pan, there. And in that case, yer spot on. ;)

Was it with 23andme? Do they tell you anything about desaturase or TLR4 genes?
Yes to 23&me, and I don't know about the genes. I'm not anywhere near fluent in genetics. If you can tell me what those snps control or what problems can be precipitated if they get turned on I might could remember something about them. I ran the raw code through some different online modules like Promethease, that make it easy for dummies who can't remember a bunch of gene names or rsids to understand what's going on, or what could maybe go on under the correct circumstances.

I did get tested with the most recent 23&me v4 chip, which doesn't test for some of the snps that older versions did. Seems like every iteration they're testing for less.

LUH 3417

The marathon is a form of demonstrative suicide, suicide as advertising: it is running to show you are capable of getting every last drop of energy out of yourself, to prove it… to prove what? That you are capable of finishing. Graffiti carry the same message. They simply say: I’m so-and-so and I exist! They are free publicity for existence.
Do we continually have to prove to ourselves that we exist? A strange sign of weakness, harbinger of a new fanaticism for a faceless performance, endlessly self-evident.”
Jean Baudrillard, America

amethyst

I was never very good at positive thinking, hopefulness, and the rest. I'm a realist, not a truthteller. ;)

I get that. Life has a way making some people more realistic than others, depending on one's circumstances and one's perception about how to deal with them. Some people go into denial mode. Some people become realists. Some people become realists with acceptance. Some people are realists with bitterness. Some people are realists with acceptance and try and change the things they can, and accept that they cannot change it all. It's about how someone perceives their situations, and how they then deal with them. I know that sounds simplistic, but it's just something I have observed.

The marathon is a form of demonstrative suicide, suicide as advertising: it is running to show you are capable of getting every last drop of energy out of yourself, to prove it… to prove what? That you are capable of finishing. Graffiti carry the same message. They simply say: I’m so-and-so and I exist! They are free publicity for existence.
Do we continually have to prove to ourselves that we exist? A strange sign of weakness, harbinger of a new fanaticism for a faceless performance, endlessly self-evident.”

Well... chicks do dig it...

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Baudrillard writes really interesting things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals