Tired of feeling anxious and submissive? Here’s how to fix it

Dr. B

According to that study I posted, cows and goats have a very similar ability to convert commercial feed into SFA -- their fatty acid % are only 0.33% different in PUFA. Goats have higher saturated fat, so a higher conversion.

I think Meyenburg is an exception with extra high PUFA, not sure why.
i dont think they could lie about adding in omega fats to the milk, it would be too dangerous legally, additionally, omega 3 is a good thing in the US, like if you look at other milks they always have a massive advertisement of omega 3 added, and then even the 100% grass fed milks have the label saying "3x more omega 3 and cla than regular milk" or something, even though thankfully its just 3x higher than regular milk and omega 6 is lower, so amount overall of pufa is low.

this is a random one on amazon, also lists 9g fat, 4g saturated, no listing of the pufa/mufa, but that saturated fat amount is low, the cows milk is 8g total fat, 5g saturated
Amazon product ASIN B074CLQJPBView: https://www.amazon.com/Zealand-Goat-Milk-Powder-Natural/dp/B074CLQJPB/ref=asc_df_B074CLQJPB?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80539278509573&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584138866744856&psc=1

Vileplume

i dont think they could lie about adding in omega fats to the milk, it would be too dangerous legally, additionally, omega 3 is a good thing in the US, like if you look at other milks they always have a massive advertisement of omega 3 added, and then even the 100% grass fed milks have the label saying "3x more omega 3 and cla than regular milk" or something, even though thankfully its just 3x higher than regular milk and omega 6 is lower, so amount overall of pufa is low.

this is a random one on amazon, also lists 9g fat, 4g saturated, no listing of the pufa/mufa, but that saturated fat amount is low, the cows milk is 8g total fat, 5g saturated
Amazon product ASIN B074CLQJPBView: https://www.amazon.com/Zealand-Goat-Milk-Powder-Natural/dp/B074CLQJPB/ref=asc_df_B074CLQJPB?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80539278509573&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584138866744856&psc=1
That one’s 9 total fat 4 saturated, but summerhill is 10.10 fat, 6.5 saturated. I guess it comes down to individual brand and feed, but it’s probably the same with cow’s.

jaype

For energy production purposes, 250-600mg. In the studies, they used 250mg for anxiety and 600mg for low-energy hypothyroid individuals.
Thank you Hans.

Would it be essential to take a B-complex along side the high dose thiamine? Since I've heard that taking one in isolation can deplete the other ones?

Jennifer

@Mr.Bollox, when adjusted for total fat content, I get this breakdown comparison on cronometer:

GOAT’S MILK
T. FAT—10.10 g
MUFA—2.7 g
PUFA—0.4 g
SAT.—6.5 g

COW’S MILK
T. FAT—10.10 g
MUFA—2.5 g
PUFA—0.6 g
SAT.—5.8 g

mostlylurking

interesting, I assumed they only had one or two stomachs, due to how small they are compared to cows. Also it doesnt make sense, like how some goat milks have such high PUFA, are the cows somehow better in their ability to convert consumed PUFA into saturated fats?

are cows just somehow better at the conversion process of turning PUFA to SFA? because even the cheapest cow milks are mostly SFA and MUFA, but thats not the case for goats who arent fed properly
Besides the one brand of goat milk that you provided, do you have any other evidence that this is even true? I could only find that goat milk is comperable to cow's milk regarding saturated vs unsaturated fat content.

Dr. B

Besides the one brand of goat milk that you provided, do you have any other evidence that this is even true? I could only find that goat milk is comperable to cow's milk regarding saturated vs unsaturated fat content.
yeah mate, there's varying things coming up, the new zealand goat milk powder i posted earlier doesnt look good. but it does seem goats do also have the four compartment stomachs. wasnt it Ray who mentioned cows having the ability to saturate unsaturated fats they are fed? that ability may not be necessarily be in other ruminants, or may not be equally powerful in all the ruminants.

mostlylurking

yeah mate, there's varying things coming up, the new zealand goat milk powder i posted earlier doesnt look good. but it does seem goats do also have the four compartment stomachs. wasnt it Ray who mentioned cows having the ability to saturate unsaturated fats they are fed? that ability may not be necessarily be in other ruminants, or may not be equally powerful in all the ruminants.
Rumens have bacteria that makes saturated fats out of the unsaturated fats. Ray was talking about ruminates in general and used cows as an example. The point was that the meat of ruminant animals is safer to eat than non ruminant animals because ruminant animals' fat is more saturated.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
when did you stop eating meat and why?
I wanted to go high milk and then there is really no more space for meat haha. Plus, I don't crave it really. Later I might add oysters.

Dr. B

@Mr.Bollox, when adjusted for total fat content, I get this breakdown comparison on cronometer:

GOAT’S MILK
T. FAT—10.10 g
MUFA—2.7 g
PUFA—0.4 g
SAT.—6.5 g

COW’S MILK
T. FAT—10.10 g
MUFA—2.5 g
PUFA—0.6 g
SAT.—5.8 g
the cronometer site is very off on nutrients in some products, I think they have a database which is linked to search engines for their nutrients, I dont know which website they use but for instance coconut water is extremely high in manganese but if you enter it on cronometer they put it as 0. the nutrition labels on actual products should be more reliable since the companies had to test those themselves. but that goats milk is accurate, i think those numbers are similar to a goat milk brand posted earlier

Rumens have bacteria that makes saturated fats out of the unsaturated fats. Ray was talking about ruminates in general and used cows as an example. The point was that the meat of ruminant animals is safer to eat than non ruminant animals because ruminant animals' fat is more saturated.

mate whats on actual nutrition labels is more reliable than online sites since those labels generally have to be tested for by the company before being listed. hence youll see variances in vitamin C content , calcium etc between different milk and OJ brands. until we know more of whats going on it may be better to avoid goats milk. but with 100% grass fed, it should be safe, the PUFA isnt created by the goats themselves after all, has to be ingested by them right?

also are humans able to use their gut bacteria to saturate PUFAs? or vitamin E is used for that? would explain why some people can maintain good physiques and be seemingly healthy despite eating pufa diets from fish, peanut butter etc?

laleto12

I wish you guys move this goat milk topic to an another thread. This wandered away from the subject a lot. Thanks

Jennifer

the cronometer site is very off on nutrients in some products, I think they have a database which is linked to search engines for their nutrients, I dont know which website they use but for instance coconut water is extremely high in manganese but if you enter it on cronometer they put it as 0. the nutrition labels on actual products should be more reliable since the companies had to test those themselves. but that goats milk is accurate, i think those numbers are similar to a goat milk brand posted earlier

I’m not sure if you’re referring to brand name products which oftentimes don’t have a complete nutrient breakdown or the generics that show 77 nutrients listed because when I log 8 oz of the generic coconut water on crono, I get 18% of the RDA for manganese.

To get back on topic, what has optimized my energy and reduced my anxiety most is a goat dairy-based diet low in fiber with plenty of sugars from raw milk, raw fruit juice, raw honey and raw sun-dried cane juice crystals, salt, NDT, vitamin D3 and plenty of sleep.

youngsinatra

What helped me most with intense anxiety was tackling overmethylation due to excess copper with supplemental zinc and B3 and the avoidance of high copper foods.

Dr. B

What helped me most with intense anxiety was tackling overmethylation due to excess copper with supplemental zinc and B3 and the avoidance of high copper foods.
interesting, I actually got an increase with anxiety, as well as histamine intolerance symptoms (like runny nose just from eating a bit of vinegar, ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, spices or other things) from using b3 and zinc, even alongside 5g creatine a day.

is there some sort of balance as far as methylation, when it comes to anxiety and other effects
i think the 'overmethylation' or enough methylation, is needed to tolerate foods, especially fermented foods like maybe dried fruits, dried meats like dried jerky, things like powdered milk or whey powder...

actually only b3 has the pro anxiety effect, zinc has a sedative anti anxiety effect, magnesium as well. choline supplementation also increases anxiety for me, as well as creatine usage, possibly beta alanine usage too

youngsinatra

interesting, I actually got an increase with anxiety, as well as histamine intolerance symptoms (like runny nose just from eating a bit of vinegar, ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, spices or other things) from using b3 and zinc, even alongside 5g creatine a day.

is there some sort of balance as far as methylation, when it comes to anxiety and other effects
i think the 'overmethylation' or enough methylation, is needed to tolerate foods, especially fermented foods like maybe dried fruits, dried meats like dried jerky, things like powdered milk or whey powder...

actually only b3 has the pro anxiety effect, zinc has a sedative anti anxiety effect, magnesium as well. choline supplementation also increases anxiety for me, as well as creatine usage, possibly beta alanine usage too
Yes on both ends of the spectrum you get anxiety. Been on both side. I think methylation is really central to mental health, but Ray sadly doesn‘t talk much about it.

Dr. B

Yes on both ends of the spectrum you get anxiety. Been on both side. I think methylation is really central to mental health, but Ray sadly doesn‘t talk much about it.
think he likes being in a mild undermethylation state? he doesnt like the methyl type supplements...

Nomad84

What do you guys think about keto diet and full keto adaptation in order to switch cell energy production mechanism?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What do you guys think about keto diet and full keto adaptation in order to switch cell energy production mechanism?
When someone transitions, they don't transition from glucose to fat. You only transition from burning both fat and glucose to burning more fat and less glucose. In both cases, glucose and fat are being oxidized.
If your body struggles to properly burn glucose, then going to a keto diet might help, but it doesn't fix the issue. And being on a keto diet comes back and nips most people in the butt after a few months/years. They end up insulin resistant, having lost muscle mass, and have elevated stress hormones, which just makes the anxiety so much worse. There are many testimonials of people who report they feel better when they eat carbs. Carbs are the main anti-stress food.

Nomad84

When someone transitions, they don't transition from glucose to fat. You only transition from burning both fat and glucose to burning more fat and less glucose. In both cases, glucose and fat are being oxidized.
If your body struggles to properly burn glucose, then going to a keto diet might help, but it doesn't fix the issue. And being on a keto diet comes back and nips most people in the butt after a few months/years. They end up insulin resistant, having lost muscle mass, and have elevated stress hormones, which just makes the anxiety so much worse. There are many testimonials of people who report they feel better when they eat carbs. Carbs are the main anti-stress food.
What type of diet would you suggest for someone struggling with insulin resistance?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals