Tired of feeling anxious and submissive? Here’s how to fix it

Dr. B

In my experience, symptoms like a racing mind, high heart rate, higher-pitched voice, and submissiveness all go with lower energy production. And in this state, you're submissive while still sometimes being aggressive, being a little ***hole to people around you, the kind of "kicking the people below you and bowing to the people above you" that Peat discussed with Danny Roddy on their authoritarian origins episode years ago.

As a teacher, I get to experiment a lot on what makes me submissive and what keeps me calm, confident, and easily in charge with my students. Just yesterday, I had all the symptoms of low energy and submissiveness: talking fast, nervous to give consequences and respond to disrespect, taking everything personally, overwhelmed and racing thoughts, feeling scrambled in front of groups. When I went to a staff meeting, this little guy Brian started bullying me in front of my department and I didn't even do anything. All day yesterday, my HRV was very low, indicating a sympathetic nervous state. Looknig back, I think these thigns caused the low energy, low HRV, sympathetic state: lack of salt, lack of magnesium, lack of food and nourishment in general.

Today is a 180 degree turn from that: my heart rate is right around 80 where I like it, I'm making jokes, responding easily to conflict, and if I saw Brian I would give him a noogie/wedgie :wedgie (just kidding). I enjoy teaching more, I can appreciate interactions more. I'mjust better in every way. High energy really is the key to a good life. More salt, more magnesium, making sure to eat enough. These things have kept my HRV high, above70, indicating a more parasympathetic nervous state. The HRV really is a good indicator of energy production I think, and you want a higher HRV.

In addition to the above, these things help me:
-lots of milk ( I tolerate it best with no additives, so I'm drinking a gallon of whole milk per day).
-lots of sugar (just straight up white sugar, since it digests so easily)
-methylene blue 1.2 mg
-pyrucet 10 drops
-again, lots of salt
-magnesium bicarbonate
whats HRV?

Vileplume

whats HRV?
Heart rate variability. It refers to the millisecond inconsistency between your heart beats. When your body is more stressed, in a sympathetic nervous state, it does not have much inconsistency with its beats, instead beating rigidly, with little variety in the time between beats. When your body is more relaxed and ready to adapt to changes, the beats beat with a little more inconsistency. I read one article that mentioned the following, which has been true in my experience:
HRV under 50 ms = poor health and sympathetic nervous state
HRV between 50 and 100 ms = normal health and intermediate nervous state
HRV over 100 ms = strong health and parasympathetic state

gaze

In my experience, symptoms like a racing mind, high heart rate, higher-pitched voice, and submissiveness all go with lower energy production. And in this state, you're submissive while still sometimes being aggressive, being a little ***hole to people around you, the kind of "kicking the people below you and bowing to the people above you" that Peat discussed with Danny Roddy on their authoritarian origins episode years ago.

As a teacher, I get to experiment a lot on what makes me submissive and what keeps me calm, confident, and easily in charge with my students. Just yesterday, I had all the symptoms of low energy and submissiveness: talking fast, nervous to give consequences and respond to disrespect, taking everything personally, overwhelmed and racing thoughts, feeling scrambled in front of groups. When I went to a staff meeting, this little guy Brian started bullying me in front of my department and I didn't even do anything. All day yesterday, my HRV was very low, indicating a sympathetic nervous state. Looknig back, I think these thigns caused the low energy, low HRV, sympathetic state: lack of salt, lack of magnesium, lack of food and nourishment in general.

Today is a 180 degree turn from that: my heart rate is right around 80 where I like it, I'm making jokes, responding easily to conflict, and if I saw Brian I would give him a noogie/wedgie :wedgie (just kidding). I enjoy teaching more, I can appreciate interactions more. I'mjust better in every way. High energy really is the key to a good life. More salt, more magnesium, making sure to eat enough. These things have kept my HRV high, above70, indicating a more parasympathetic nervous state. The HRV really is a good indicator of energy production I think, and you want a higher HRV.

In addition to the above, these things help me:
-lots of milk ( I tolerate it best with no additives, so I'm drinking a gallon of whole milk per day).
-lots of sugar (just straight up white sugar, since it digests so easily)
-methylene blue 1.2 mg
-pyrucet 10 drops
-again, lots of salt
-magnesium bicarbonate
how do you drink a gallon of milk as a teacher? chugging milk in the teachers lounge?

Vileplume

how do you drink a gallon of milk as a teacher? chugging milk in the teachers lounge?
No I just chug it in class. I bring two half-gallon mason jars with sugar in a cooler, then a thermos of coffee, and I mix the two in my other thermos throughout the day. I constantly have my milk thermos on me. Gotta stay strapped :blackalien:

mostlylurking

Hans, i see you take 2g. Seems like a lot to me but I guess that works for you?
Yeah. Apparently that's what I need. I got damaged last year from taking Bactrim antibiotic which blocked my thiamine function. I spent several months working up to that big dose. I started with 100mg 2Xday and did that for years. After getting damaged, I needed more because I had severe lactic acidosis. The thiamine did the trick and I've got my life back. I was pretty sick for about 8 months.

Dr. B

Yeah. Apparently that's what I need. I got damaged last year from taking Bactrim antibiotic which blocked my thiamine function. I spent several months working up to that big dose. I started with 100mg 2Xday and did that for years. After getting damaged, I needed more because I had severe lactic acidosis. The thiamine did the trick and I've got my life back. I was pretty sick for about 8 months.
why do you need to work up to the dose?
thiamine is interesting since its only in food in small amounts. ive been wanting to try it, but been hesitant due to its effects on iron/manganese depletion. it probably interacts with a bunch of other nutrients. why is so much thiamine needed? if it blocks lactic acid, does it have an effect similar to beta alanine where the acid/fatigue in the muscles from lifting is delayed?
what effects did you get from the thiamine? isnt there also a thread on here talking about how it increases cancer risks

mostlylurking

why do you need to work up to the dose?
thiamine is interesting since its only in food in small amounts. ive been wanting to try it, but been hesitant due to its effects on iron/manganese depletion. it probably interacts with a bunch of other nutrients. why is so much thiamine needed? if it blocks lactic acid, does it have an effect similar to beta alanine where the acid/fatigue in the muscles from lifting is delayed?
what effects did you get from the thiamine? isnt there also a thread on here talking about how it increases cancer risks
I've read on the forum that low doses of thiamine can increase cancer risk but that high dose thiamine is anti-carcinogenic. Stopping Warburg's "cancer metabolism" is a good thing and the high dose thiamine did that very thing for me. It also normalized my digestive tract, knocked out the severe inflammation (I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 6 years ago), stopped the hand tremor, cured the incontinence which has plagued me for 20 years, and greatly improved my sleep.

According to Dr. Costantini's website (here: HDT Therapy ), he just started his patients with the full dose and if they reacted negatively (a rare occurrence) he backed off the dose. But he was a doctor and the patients were in his clinic, for the most part, so he could keep a close eye on them. A thiamine deficiency can cause heart problems and when it is supplemented it can cause heart palpitations or maybe another heart issue(?) that has to be monitored. Anyhow, according to what I've read, if you are doing this on your own, which I was, it's safest to increase the dose over a few weeks to make sure you know how you react to it.

My endocrinologist is interested in my situation and my use of thiamine hcl and is watching me. I get blood tests every 6 months. He has reduced my thyroid medication twice since I began the thiamine because my T3 became way too high. He has told me that thiamine hcl is considered a safe supplement and he is interested in Dr. Costantini's use of it to treat Parkinson's Disease patients because he has lost several patients recently to Parkinson's Disease. I have a long history of gut disbiosis, SIBO, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Apparently, this type of history points to probable Parkinson's Disease later in life. I'm 71.

I've got heavy metal toxicity problems and I'll be thrilled if it lowers their levels. My most recent blood test showed that my ferritin level had come down some and my iron was at a better level. I'm using maple syrup for the manganese and I supplement with magnesium. There's also supposed to be a potential issue with thiamine lowering potassium and the advice online is to drink 8 oz of orange juice a day to cover that.

I'm not familiar with beta alanine. The first time I took a larger dose of thiamine hcl, 250-300mg, within 45 minutes my temperature went up a full degree and all the pain just disappeared. I used that dose for a week or so but then it stopped working so well so I increased the dose. This dose also stopped working so I stair stepped up to 1500mg/day and then I found Dr. Costantini's site so I wasn't afraid to go ahead and take the 2 grams. Within 2 days on that dose, my digestive tract suddenly normalized which was pretty amazing. I have continued to improve over the last 6 months and am now in pretty good shape and I feel good enough to start exercising again.

I think that the Elliott Overton youtube videos are the most helpful for understanding how thiamine works. He has some great tutorials. link: https://www.youtube.com/c/EONutrition/videos . He likes TTFD thiamine, but it gave me a bad headache so I stuck with the thiamine hcl and followed Dr. Costantini's advice for how much of it to take.

Dr. B

I've read on the forum that low doses of thiamine can increase cancer risk but that high dose thiamine is anti-carcinogenic. Stopping Warburg's "cancer metabolism" is a good thing and the high dose thiamine did that very thing for me. It also normalized my digestive tract, knocked out the severe inflammation (I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 6 years ago), stopped the hand tremor, cured the incontinence which has plagued me for 20 years, and greatly improved my sleep.

According to Dr. Costantini's website (here: HDT Therapy ), he just started his patients with the full dose and if they reacted negatively (a rare occurrence) he backed off the dose. But he was a doctor and the patients were in his clinic, for the most part, so he could keep a close eye on them. A thiamine deficiency can cause heart problems and when it is supplemented it can cause heart palpitations or maybe another heart issue(?) that has to be monitored. Anyhow, according to what I've read, if you are doing this on your own, which I was, it's safest to increase the dose over a few weeks to make sure you know how you react to it.

My endocrinologist is interested in my situation and my use of thiamine hcl and is watching me. I get blood tests every 6 months. He has reduced my thyroid medication twice since I began the thiamine because my T3 became way too high. He has told me that thiamine hcl is considered a safe supplement and he is interested in Dr. Costantini's use of it to treat Parkinson's Disease patients because he has lost several patients recently to Parkinson's Disease. I have a long history of gut disbiosis, SIBO, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Apparently, this type of history points to probable Parkinson's Disease later in life. I'm 71.

I've got heavy metal toxicity problems and I'll be thrilled if it lowers their levels. My most recent blood test showed that my ferritin level had come down some and my iron was at a better level. I'm using maple syrup for the manganese and I supplement with magnesium. There's also supposed to be a potential issue with thiamine lowering potassium and the advice online is to drink 8 oz of orange juice a day to cover that.

I'm not familiar with beta alanine. The first time I took a larger dose of thiamine hcl, 250-300mg, within 45 minutes my temperature went up a full degree and all the pain just disappeared. I used that dose for a week or so but then it stopped working so well so I increased the dose. This dose also stopped working so I stair stepped up to 1500mg/day and then I found Dr. Costantini's site so I wasn't afraid to go ahead and take the 2 grams. Within 2 days on that dose, my digestive tract suddenly normalized which was pretty amazing. I have continued to improve over the last 6 months and am now in pretty good shape and I feel good enough to start exercising again.

I think that the Elliott Overton youtube videos are the most helpful for understanding how thiamine works. He has some great tutorials. link: https://www.youtube.com/c/EONutrition/videos . He likes TTFD thiamine, but it gave me a bad headache so I stuck with the thiamine hcl and followed Dr. Costantini's advice for how much of it to take.
what kind of benefits did you get, does it cause lots of fat loss? i have concerns it could lower manganese and other b vitamins? especially with the 2 gram dosage. even if you consume a lot of potassium/manganese from diet, diet can only do so much with 2 grams thiamine id imagine?
does it help the gut indirectly via helping metabolism, or is it something else its doing? maybe thiamine hcl specifically, increases stomach acid due to the hcl? when you said it fixed your gut you mean you digested faster and easier?

Dr. B

No I just chug it in class. I bring two half-gallon mason jars with sugar in a cooler, then a thermos of coffee, and I mix the two in my other thermos throughout the day. I constantly have my milk thermos on me. Gotta stay strapped :blackalien:
whats the point of the milk full gallon? is it whole milk? what brand, where do you get it from

youngsinatra

what kind of benefits did you get, does it cause lots of fat loss? i have concerns it could lower manganese and other b vitamins? especially with the 2 gram dosage. even if you consume a lot of potassium/manganese from diet, diet can only do so much with 2 grams thiamine id imagine?
does it help the gut indirectly via helping metabolism, or is it something else its doing? maybe thiamine hcl specifically, increases stomach acid due to the hcl? when you said it fixed your gut you mean you digested faster and easier?
I think oral thiamine HCL has a bioavailability of around 3-5% so you technically only have 30-50 mg in a gram of thiamin hydrochloride. I do hypothesize that if there are many anti-thiamine factors like the antibiotic usage, or high coffee consumption or lots of refined sugar/carbs, then even that amount might be chelated (medications/antibiotics) or metabolized quickly due to energy production (coffee/sugar)

Vileplume

whats the point of the milk full gallon? is it whole milk? what brand, where do you get it from
It just digests better than other protein and sugar sources. Once I ditched a lot of meat and fruit, switching to milk, sugar, and some fruit (less than before), my digestion improved, tachycardia went away, and my HRV and calmness increased. Ultimately I’d like to tolerate more variety, but in the meantime I’m happy with whatever helps me feel better. Also, I’m still not feeling excellent overall I’d say, but definitely better than I used to feel. I’d say I’m feeling good.

Yes it’s whole goat milk, Summerhill Brand, which I get from Trader Joe’s here in CA. It digests great, no additives. I’d love to drink lower fat milk instead, but as you know, it’s all got additives, which concern me more than the additional fat. Ive been doing the gallon per day for 1.5 months now and ive actually leaned out a bit, but I was fat before. Now I’ve got some fat, but muscle too, since I lift weights. Ive lost 2 inches from my waist and have more muscle in this time with the gallon of whole milk per day. But I might gain weight, I guess we’ll see.

Dr. B

I think oral thiamine HCL has a bioavailability of around 3-5% so you technically only have 30-50 mg in a gram of thiamin hydrochloride. I do hypothesize that if there are many anti-thiamine factors like the antibiotic usage, or high coffee consumption or lots of refined sugar/carbs, then even that amount might be chelated (medications/antibiotics) or metabolized quickly due to energy production (coffee/sugar)
what other nutrients burn up from antibiotics or sugar or coffee... must be lots of them? and then does it become safe to actually use supplement forms?

It just digests better than other protein and sugar sources. Once I ditched a lot of meat and fruit, switching to milk, sugar, and some fruit (less than before), my digestion improved, tachycardia went away, and my HRV and calmness increased. Ultimately I’d like to tolerate more variety, but in the meantime I’m happy with whatever helps me feel better. Also, I’m still not feeling excellent overall I’d say, but definitely better than I used to feel. I’d say I’m feeling good.

Yes it’s whole goat milk, Summerhill Brand, which I get from Trader Joe’s here in CA. It digests great, no additives. I’d love to drink lower fat milk instead, but as you know, it’s all got additives, which concern me more than the additional fat. Ive been doing the gallon per day for 1.5 months now and ive actually leaned out a bit, but I was fat before. Now I’ve got some fat, but muscle too, since I lift weights. Ive lost 2 inches from my waist and have more muscle in this time with the gallon of whole milk per day. But I might gain weight, I guess we’ll see.

were your calories higher when you switched to gallon whole milk? interesting,
goats milk can have lots of PUFA mate... who dont you do cows whole milk like A2 jersey cow milk?

Vileplume

what other nutrients burn up from antibiotics or sugar or coffee... must be lots of them? and then does it become safe to actually use supplement forms?

were your calories higher when you switched to gallon whole milk? interesting,
goats milk can have lots of PUFA mate... who dont you do cows whole milk like A2 jersey cow milk?
Interesting about the PUFA, I didn’t realize goats milk had more of it than cows. If I could find a whole jersey cow milk nearby without additives, I would go far it. Like there’s this farm Duivenvoorden that sells raw milk in stores near me, but I’m not sure it’s A2. Gotta give them a call.

I’ve read the accounts of @thebigpeatowski on this forum, and she seemed to do well on lots of full fat goats milk for a while. But if it is indeed higher in PUFA that’s a major concern.

As for calories before and after goat milk, I might have dropped a few hundred calories because I used to eat a lot of cheese, but I attribute a lot of the weight loss to lowered inflammation and lower stress, as indicated by the higher HRV.

Last edited:

Dr. B

Interesting about the PUFA, I didn’t realize goats milk had more of it than cows. If I could find a whole jersey cow milk nearby without additives, I would go far it. Like there’s this farm Duivenvoorden that sells raw milk in stores near me, but I’m not sure it’s A2. Gotta give them a call.

I’ve read the accounts of @thebigpeatowski on this forum, and she seemed to do well on lots of full fat goats milk for a while. But if it is indeed higher in PUFA that’s a major concern.
goats are semi or non ruminants right
look up the meyenberg goats milk, per one cup its literally like, 2.5g saturated fat, 2.5g PUFA, and 1.5g MUFA...maybe 100% grass fed goats have a lower pufa amount but 2.5g per cups crazy especially with half a gallon milk

cows milk, even soy fed cows milk is 5g saturated fat, maybe 0.5g pufa, rest mufa

Vileplume

goats are semi or non ruminants right
look up the meyenberg goats milk, per one cup its literally like, 2.5g saturated fat, 2.5g PUFA, and 1.5g MUFA...maybe 100% grass fed goats have a lower pufa amount but 2.5g per cups crazy especially with half a gallon milk

cows milk, even soy fed cows milk is 5g saturated fat, maybe 0.5g pufa, rest mufa
I think goats are full ruminants, just like cows. In one cup of summerhill it’s 10.10 grams of fat and 6.5 grams saturated, but it doesn’t list PUFA.

In one cup of organic pastures raw cows milk it’s 8 grams fat, 5 grams saturated. So that’s 1.5 grams of extra unsaturated fat in goats milk, plus the extra fat in general is unwanted. Hmmm… I should try to investigate around and see about a2 cows milk without additives. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Hypothetically, if you had to pick between 1/2 gallon of raw goat milk, or 1/2 gallon low fat A2 cow milk with additives, which would you pick?

Dr. B

I think goats are full ruminants, just like cows. In one cup of summerhill it’s 10.10 grams of fat and 6.5 grams saturated, but it doesn’t list PUFA.

In one cup of organic pastures raw cows milk it’s 8 grams fat, 5 grams saturated. So that’s 1.5 grams of extra unsaturated fat in goats milk, plus the extra fat in general is unwanted. Hmmm… I should try to investigate around and see about a2 cows milk without additives. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Hypothetically, if you had to pick between 1/2 gallon of raw goat milk, or 1/2 gallon low fat A2 cow milk with additives, which would you pick?
i dont know, i think maybe the goats milk and add some vitamin E for the pufa, those additives seem they could be riskier than pufa... but there should be whole A2 cow milk, plus california should have raw A2 cows milk.

actually 10 g total, 6.5g saturated means 3.5g unsaturated fats
cows milk has 3g unsaturated
but cows milk the remainder will be mostly MUFA, goats milk is uncertain, maybe if 100% grass fed its less

i didnt know that, do the goats have multiple stomachs?
i heard horse and deer milk has a similar problem. im not sure about lamb/sheeps milk or camel milk

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals