Tired of feeling anxious and submissive? Here’s how to fix it

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
whyd you stop the raw honeys and beeswax!
I switch from honey to banana (I might get honey on a later state again) and I stopped the beeswax since I'm not eating meat anymore.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
In my experience, symptoms like a racing mind, high heart rate, higher-pitched voice, and submissiveness all go with lower energy production. And in this state, you're submissive while still sometimes being aggressive, being a little ***hole to people around you, the kind of "kicking the people below you and bowing to the people above you" that Peat discussed with Danny Roddy on their authoritarian origins episode years ago.

As a teacher, I get to experiment a lot on what makes me submissive and what keeps me calm, confident, and easily in charge with my students. Just yesterday, I had all the symptoms of low energy and submissiveness: talking fast, nervous to give consequences and respond to disrespect, taking everything personally, overwhelmed and racing thoughts, feeling scrambled in front of groups. When I went to a staff meeting, this little guy Brian started bullying me in front of my department and I didn't even do anything. All day yesterday, my HRV was very low, indicating a sympathetic nervous state. Looknig back, I think these thigns caused the low energy, low HRV, sympathetic state: lack of salt, lack of magnesium, lack of food and nourishment in general.

Today is a 180 degree turn from that: my heart rate is right around 80 where I like it, I'm making jokes, responding easily to conflict, and if I saw Brian I would give him a noogie/wedgie :wedgie (just kidding). I enjoy teaching more, I can appreciate interactions more. I'mjust better in every way. High energy really is the key to a good life. More salt, more magnesium, making sure to eat enough. These things have kept my HRV high, above70, indicating a more parasympathetic nervous state. The HRV really is a good indicator of energy production I think, and you want a higher HRV.

In addition to the above, these things help me:
-lots of milk ( I tolerate it best with no additives, so I'm drinking a gallon of whole milk per day).
-lots of sugar (just straight up white sugar, since it digests so easily)
-methylene blue 1.2 mg
-pyrucet 10 drops
-again, lots of salt
-magnesium bicarbonate
Very cool that you noticed that and thanks for sharing. Energy truly has a profound effect. Do you urinate a lot from the milk or not?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What dose would you recommend for thiamine hcl?
For energy production purposes, 250-600mg. In the studies, they used 250mg for anxiety and 600mg for low-energy hypothyroid individuals.

Dr. B

I switch from honey to banana (I might get honey on a later state again) and I stopped the beeswax since I'm not eating meat anymore.
were you doing beeswax for the policosanols?
whats your protein source, its an all milk diet now with fruits etc? interesting

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting about the PUFA, I didn’t realize goats milk had more of it than cows. If I could find a whole jersey cow milk nearby without additives, I would go far it. Like there’s this farm Duivenvoorden that sells raw milk in stores near me, but I’m not sure it’s A2. Gotta give them a call.

I’ve read the accounts of @thebigpeatowski on this forum, and she seemed to do well on lots of full fat goats milk for a while. But if it is indeed higher in PUFA that’s a major concern.

As for calories before and after goat milk, I might have dropped a few hundred calories because I used to eat a lot of cheese, but I attribute a lot of the weight loss to lowered inflammation and lower stress, as indicated by the higher HRV.
Goat milk doesn't have higher PUFA. It's best to verify random comments first before making any changes to your diet.
1 gallon goat milk has 7g PUFA and 100g SFAs whereas 1 gallon cow milk has 8g PUFA and 80g SFA. So not only does goat milk have less PUFA, the PUFA to SFA ratio is also better.
If you digest the goat milk best and you feel best on goat milk, don't switch to cow's milk even if it was slightly lower in PUFA.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
look up the meyenberg goats milk, per one cup its literally like, 2.5g saturated fat, 2.5g PUFA, and 1.5g MUFA...maybe 100% grass fed goats have a lower pufa amount but 2.5g per cups crazy especially with half a gallon milk
They most likely fortify that milk with PUFA, most likely omega 3. That ratio is not natural at all.

mostlylurking

what kind of benefits did you get, does it cause lots of fat loss? i have concerns it could lower manganese and other b vitamins? especially with the 2 gram dosage. even if you consume a lot of potassium/manganese from diet, diet can only do so much with 2 grams thiamine id imagine?
does it help the gut indirectly via helping metabolism, or is it something else its doing? maybe thiamine hcl specifically, increases stomach acid due to the hcl? when you said it fixed your gut you mean you digested faster and easier?
I believe I was already thiamine deficient and then I got damaged further by the Bactrim antibiotic that severely blocked my thiamine function. I could not make energy from my food so my body packed on every last calorie I consumed as fat. I gained 25 pounds in less than two months. My Peaty diet at that time consisted mainly of 1% milk with hydrolyzed gelatin and a tablespoon of sugar, some eggs, some shrimp, some liver. Since I've been high dosing the thiamine, my energy has normalized and I've lost a whopping 5 pounds in 6 months. So no, I do not consider this a magic way to lose fat. I suspect if I were to get up off my **** and exercise more, things would turn around and I'd lose the weight.

Because thiamine improves the appetite, it's a good idea to stay focused on what exactly you put in your mouth or I think you could gain weight.

Taking a good b-complex is a good idea I think. A recent factoid I picked up (from Dr. Chandler Marrs I think) is that thiamine deficiency will block being able to utilize b6. Conversely, if you supplement thiamine it makes sense you would use more b6. The b's are interrelated. I have read that when taking high dose thiamine it is NOT necessary to high dose the other b's; just take a regular amount of the others.

For me, high dose thiamine has done wonders for my autonomic nervous system which corrected these things: difficulty swallowing, low stomach acid, extremely weak paristalsis, constipation, urinary incontinence.

I am not a doctor and I do not play one on TV so it is important to do your own research.

links: Elliot Overton's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ Scroll to the bottom and watch the interview with Dr. Chandler Marrs (link)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKmiZkiEPI
and also watch this one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuIhjlFYYZY;
these should give you a general understanding of the topic.
Dr. Chandler Marrs' website: You searched for thiamine - Hormones Matter This is a search for "thiamine" on her site and also include articles written by Dr. Derrick Lonsdale. Dr Marrs' understanding of hormones, etc. are at odds with Ray Peat's ideas; I find Peat's ideas more helpful and accurate for me at least.
Dr. Costantini's website: HDT Therapy
His research papers are here: Published Study Articles
Videos of Dr. Costantini's patients: Videos Parkinson's Patients before and after treatment - Ultima Edizione.Eu

mostlylurking

were your calories higher when you switched to gallon whole milk? interesting,
goats milk can have lots of PUFA mate...
Maybe that particular brand; it does show that on the back of the container. However, that is not the norm. Saturated Fat in Goats Milk - Nutrition Facts for Goats Milk This shows a completely different fat content than the one you mentioned (Meyenberg brand). Makes me wonder what else the Meyenberg brand added to that goat's milk besides the vitamin D....
goats are semi or non ruminants right
look up the meyenberg goats milk, per one cup its literally like, 2.5g saturated fat, 2.5g PUFA, and 1.5g MUFA...
Goats are ruminant animals. I kept dairy goats years ago. They lay around and chew their cud.

Vileplume

i dont know, i think maybe the goats milk and add some vitamin E for the pufa, those additives seem they could be riskier than pufa... but there should be whole A2 cow milk, plus california should have raw A2 cows milk.

actually 10 g total, 6.5g saturated means 3.5g unsaturated fats
cows milk has 3g unsaturated
but cows milk the remainder will be mostly MUFA, goats milk is uncertain, maybe if 100% grass fed its less

i didnt know that, do the goats have multiple stomachs?
i heard horse and deer milk has a similar problem. im not sure about lamb/sheeps milk or camel milk
You’re right, the difference in unsaturated fat between those two is only .5 grams. I think it really does come down to what they feed the animals, and for some reason meyenberg numbers are really high PUFA, maybe because of high PUFA supplements or bad feed, like @Hans said.

Yes, goats have four stomachs, like cows.

Vileplume

Very cool that you noticed that and thanks for sharing. Energy truly has a profound effect. Do you urinate a lot from the milk or not?
Interestingly, no, I don’t urinate a lot. When I drink this equivalent amount of liquid in juice, I urinate all the time, but with whole goat milk and even some magnesium bicarbonate and coffee too, I only urinate just about 7 times a day, which is less often than I used to urinate.

Yes, energy is the ultimate goal of the organism. The more I listen to Peat, the more I realize this.

Goat milk doesn't have higher PUFA. It's best to verify random comments first before making any changes to your diet.
1 gallon goat milk has 7g PUFA and 100g SFAs whereas 1 gallon cow milk has 8g PUFA and 80g SFA. So not only does goat milk have less PUFA, the PUFA to SFA ratio is also better.
If you digest the goat milk best and you feel best on goat milk, don't switch to cow's milk even if it was slightly lower in PUFA.
Thanks for commenting on this Hans.

Dr. B

They most likely fortify that milk with PUFA, most likely omega 3. That ratio is not natural at all.
No mate, theres no omega added,
however, I think goats, arent full ruminants like cows, so what you feed the goats makes a much bigger diference?
for instance, with pigs, and im assuming goats, if you feed them soybeans corn, pufa, they have a lot of pufa in their meat and milk
whereas cows, even the worst quality, worst pufa diets, they still end up saturating the fats... hence even mcdonalds beef patties are high saturated fat low pufa

if the cows milk is 100% grass fed it should be just 4g PUFA per gallon. the 8g, would be for your cows who are fed soy and pufa. Also those goat milk numbers are likely 100% grass fed to get a ratio that good, if you had PUFA fed goats the PUFA numbers would be off the charts like with meyenberg, as with chickens, pigs, and goats, theyre not able to saturate the PUFAS into SFA the way cows and buffalo can.
I digest A2 cows milk the same as goats milk, I'm wary of the goats milk due to the numbers I saw with meyenberg, but if you're certain the goats are 100% grass fed from a trustworthy farmer, it should be all good, the meyenberg goats are probably heavily fed corn or soy to get so much pufa

im not sure if the type of cow or goat has much impact on the saturated fat, pufa etc?
it says on the meyenberg website "Goats are fed a well-balanced diet of hay and grain with plenty of fresh water. When healthy natural vegetation is around, the goats are able to browse. Goats are not given any bovine growth hormones, steroids, or antibiotics."
Nutrition label for one cup states 4g saturated fat, 2.5g PUFA, 1g MUFA, 11g carbs, 8g protein

Maybe that particular brand; it does show that on the back of the container. However, that is not the norm. Saturated Fat in Goats Milk - Nutrition Facts for Goats Milk This shows a completely different fat content than the one you mentioned (Meyenberg brand). Makes me wonder what else the Meyenberg brand added to that goat's milk besides the vitamin D....

Goats are ruminant animals. I kept dairy goats years ago. They lay around and chew their cud.

i was mistaken. I thought ruminants had to do with the animal having multiple stomachs to digest the food? what's the term for animals with multiple stomachs?
And what I meant was, cows can saturate the PUFA you feed them, as even the lowest quality cows milk, fed soy and corn, it still ends up with mostly saturated and MUFA fat in the milk or beef, this is different to chickens, pigs, and goats who apparently will just directly store PUFA that they eat.

Last edited:

Dr. B

Some companies don't say when they add stuff.
isnt it more likely they feed the goats lots of pufa, or even that they miscalculated? in the US the only way they can get away with it is like if the vitamin d3 has ingredients of its own they dont have to list. but i thought goats have the issue similar to pigs/chickens where the diet has a much bigger impact on the PUFA storage content of the animals meat/milk, compared to something like cow or buffalo? Ill also email the company to find out more... in the US pufa is also considered positive, even the 100% grass fed milks, put an advertisement on the milk saying like "10x more omega 3 and cla than conventional milk" apparently the grass fed milks have a better ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 compared to non grass fed

Vileplume

this is different to chickens, pigs, and goats who apparently will just directly store PUFA that they eat.
How do you know this about goats? Do you have a source? Because goats have four stomachs, like cows.

I found this study, which analyzed the nutritional and fat profiles of store-bought goat and cow milks. It did find that goat milk (PUFA 4.3% of total fatty acids) had a higher % of PUFA than cows (3.97% of total fatty acids).

With 160 grams of fat per day, that's just a difference of about 1 gram of PUFA total.

Plus, goats milk had a higher fatty acid % of saturated fat (70.3%) than cows (68.8%).

Last edited:

mostlylurking

i was mistaken. I thought ruminants had to do with the animal having multiple stomachs to digest the food? what's the term for animals with multiple stomachs?
And what I meant was, cows can saturate the PUFA you feed them, as even the lowest quality cows milk, fed soy and corn, it still ends up with mostly saturated and MUFA fat in the milk or beef, this is different to chickens, pigs, and goats who apparently will just directly store PUFA that they eat.
about ruminant animals: Ruminant Animals: Full List and Fun Facts
quote: Ruminant animals are polygastric, meaning their stomach is divided into compartments. Some of the compartments have microorganisms that ferment the cellulose in the vegetables they eat into cud, which is easier to digest. Consequently, ruminant animals are also herbivores.

Ruminant animals are characterized by their method of digesting food in two phases. Like all animals, they start their digestion after eating food. However, before the digestive process is complete ruminant animals regurgitate their food to chew it again and add saliva.
-end-

Goats are ruminants just like cows. They have bacteria in their rumen that changed the polyunsaturated fat in their grazed food into saturated fat. Their body fat is saturated, like beef fat.

Please note that if ruminant animals are fed grains (like in a feedlot) the bacteria in their rumens can get overwhelmed and not be able to deal with all the PUFA. It will kill the animals so there's a limit to how long animals are kept in feedlots.

Pigs and chickens are not ruminant animals and so their fat is more polyunsaturated because of what they are fed.

Dr. B

How do you know this about goats? Do you have a source? Because goats have four stomachs, like cows.

I found this study, which analyzed the nutritional and fat profiles of store-bought goat and cow milks. It did find that goat milk (PUFA 4.3% of total fatty acids) had a higher % of PUFA than cows (3.97% of total fatty acids).

With 160 grams of fat per day, that's just a difference of about 1 gram of PUFA total.

Plus, goats milk had a higher fatty acid % of saturated fat (70.3%) than cows (68.8%).
interesting, I assumed they only had one or two stomachs, due to how small they are compared to cows. Also it doesnt make sense, like how some goat milks have such high PUFA, are the cows somehow better in their ability to convert consumed PUFA into saturated fats?

about ruminant animals: Ruminant Animals: Full List and Fun Facts
quote: Ruminant animals are polygastric, meaning their stomach is divided into compartments. Some of the compartments have microorganisms that ferment the cellulose in the vegetables they eat into cud, which is easier to digest. Consequently, ruminant animals are also herbivores.

Ruminant animals are characterized by their method of digesting food in two phases. Like all animals, they start their digestion after eating food. However, before the digestive process is complete ruminant animals regurgitate their food to chew it again and add saliva.
-end-

Goats are ruminants just like cows. They have bacteria in their rumen that changed the polyunsaturated fat in their grazed food into saturated fat. Their body fat is saturated, like beef fat.

Please note that if ruminant animals are fed grains (like in a feedlot) the bacteria in their rumens can get overwhelmed and not be able to deal with all the PUFA. It will kill the animals so there's a limit to how long animals are kept in feedlots.

Pigs and chickens are not ruminant animals and so their fat is more polyunsaturated because of what they are fed.

are cows just somehow better at the conversion process of turning PUFA to SFA? because even the cheapest cow milks are mostly SFA and MUFA, but thats not the case for goats who arent fed properly

Vileplume

interesting, I assumed they only had one or two stomachs, due to how small they are compared to cows. Also it doesnt make sense, like how some goat milks have such high PUFA, are the cows somehow better in their ability to convert consumed PUFA into saturated fats?
According to that study I posted, cows and goats have a very similar ability to convert commercial feed into SFA -- their fatty acid % are only 0.33% different in PUFA. Goats have higher saturated fat, so a higher conversion.

I think Meyenburg is an exception with extra high PUFA, not sure why.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals