Thoughts On 5ar And Post Finasteride Syndrome

The only consistent thing I have found to help is the tanning salon. After being unbelievably constipated, i can go for 5 mins and will be able to use the restroom after. However, it doesn't last and only helps immediately after and then maybe that same day, but the stress returns. Using progesterone alone just makes me really water retentive

OP
bloom

bloom

I tried it at higher doses (50mg+) and didn't notice much besides some sleepiness, what do you notice at lower doses?
Boost in mood, and libido, similar to a low dose of glycine

I had a very noticeable effect to taking vitamin E in my voice, it got deeper today, i will continue with vit E due to my high estrogen symptoms and eventually try to bump it to 100mg as per rays suggestion, but need to find the right one, i also bought digest gold

It seems like to someone with pfs, vitamin e is absolutely essential until the problem is fixed....

I've also noticed a very evident drop in pulse, making me think estrogen has been pumping my pulse up hard.. usually im 85 plus, now I'm hovering at 70+.. I have a pulse tracker on 24/7 ... i highly recommend it..

What is everyone's experience with vit e?

Last edited:
Magnesium gives me horrible hemorrhoids I cant use it, I've been doing both coffee and vegetable broth for magnesium, but I dont think it's a magnesium issue, I believe it is an estrogen issue, im loading up on vit e now.

I might do the digestive enzymes, but every thing else mentioned seem to be big no nos? I've tried probiotics and didn't notice anything, I even bought the 100 or 150 dollar one and didn't notice anything.

I might try Miramax but damn man.. im in seriously bad shape with this

Its like the exact same Circle happens I can tell you, once i do manage to finally goto the bathroom, my temperature massively increases amd i start sweating like crazy, it's like i go into a hyperthyroid state almost, im not sure why but it has happened many times all ready, I try to catch it by eating heavy nutrient foods, but I think it is burning me out when it happens.

I'm working on doing more vit E now

yea it's odd. It's almost like our bodies are constantly trying to balence everything and those few times when you start going normally it's like a very brief period of balence but than right back into the cycle. Mentally I'm feeling "normalized" on 5aDHP but physically I'm still not because of ED. Of course the brain is connected to the body but feeling normal mentally and still having ED ( and constipation with out everything I'm taking) is what led me to start googling other 5ar reduced neurosteriods that are specific to the body .

The constispaton protocol I mentioned does nothing with correcting the underlying issue (what ever that is) but it does make things better and allows me to feel like I have somewhat normal digestion. As soon as I stop I'm constipated again. So no I have not cured it but I have successfully treated it.

The Magnesium making you more constipated and causing Hemroids is strange seeing that it acts as a natural laxative. But if that's the case then I guess best to avoid it. There is magnesium spray that maybe could work for other things like sleep but can't see it doing anything for constipation. Here is the link to the one that is recommended on Cdnuts' s website:

Amazon.com : Magnesium Oil Spray 100% Pure From the Dead Sea - Large 8 oz Bottle LASTS SIX MONTHS - Made in USA - Exceptional #1 Therapeutic Source For Magnesium Chloride : Beauty

For me any benefit that I would ever get from using probitics is from long term use. Like at least a good month before I even get any benefit and like three months to get maxim benefit from them. My new GI doctor gave me some new advice with using probitics. I was advised to not go crazy with what brand i get but to take one brand for a month, take a month off and then use another brand.

I stopped everything recently (everything except for the digestive stuff actually) and my constispaton came back and stuck around for about three weeks. I added back in herb cycling , 5aDHP and all my sleep stuff and I have been going every day for the last week and feel pretty dam good right now. So it's interesting that this time around everything else I have been taking outside of my digestion stuff has seemed to help my digestion because despite staying on the digestion stuff only in April my constipation came back. Everything except labido and shitty erections feels pretty normal at the time. If you have never tried a fast maybe that's worth a try.

I had a very noticeable effect to taking vitamin E in my voice, it got deeper today, i will continue with vit E due to my high estrogen symptoms and eventually try to bump it to 100mg as per rays suggestion, but need to find the right one, i also bought digest gold

It seems like to someone with pfs, vitamin e is absolutely essential until the problem is fixed....

I've also noticed a very evident drop in pulse, making me think estrogen has been pumping my pulse up hard.. usually im 85 plus, now I'm hovering at 70+.. I have a pulse tracker on 24/7 ... i highly recommend it..

I'm not sure because I have never taken a vitamin E supp outside of taking stuff that just has some vitamin E in it. I added in 500mg vitamin E pills today because i am curious.

I also started my 500 mg of Niacinamide today.

sladerunner69

Helpful inititally until I got my estrogen under control. Now I no longer take it because it pushes my estrogen too low... except I will take 400iu if I eat a significant amount of unsaturated fats...

sladerunner69

The only consistent thing I have found to help is the tanning salon. After being unbelievably constipated, i can go for 5 mins and will be able to use the restroom after. However, it doesn't last and only helps immediately after and then maybe that same day, but the stress returns. Using progesterone alone just makes me really water retentive

wow haha is this for real? do you sit under blue light?

yea it's odd. It's almost like our bodies are constantly trying to balence everything and those few times when you start going normally it's like a very brief period of balence but than right back into the cycle. Mentally I'm feeling "normalized" on 5aDHP but physically I'm still not because of ED. Of course the brain is connected to the body but feeling normal mentally and still having ED ( and constipation with out everything I'm taking) is what led me to start googling other 5ar reduced neurosteriods that are specific to the body .

The constispaton protocol I mentioned does nothing with correcting the underlying issue (what ever that is) but it does make things better and allows me to feel like I have somewhat normal digestion. As soon as I stop I'm constipated again. So no I have not cured it but I have successfully treated it.

The Magnesium making you more constipated and causing Hemroids is strange seeing that it acts as a natural laxative. But if that's the case then I guess best to avoid it. There is magnesium spray that maybe could work for other things like sleep but can't see it doing anything for constipation. Here is the link to the one that is recommended on Cdnuts' s website:

Amazon.com : Magnesium Oil Spray 100% Pure From the Dead Sea - Large 8 oz Bottle LASTS SIX MONTHS - Made in USA - Exceptional #1 Therapeutic Source For Magnesium Chloride : Beauty

For me any benefit that I would ever get from using probitics is from long term use. Like at least a good month before I even get any benefit and like three months to get maxim benefit from them. My new GI doctor gave me some new advice with using probitics. I was advised to not go crazy with what brand i get but to take one brand for a month, take a month off and then use another brand.

I stopped everything recently (everything except for the digestive stuff actually) and my constispaton came back and stuck around for about three weeks. I added back in herb cycling , 5aDHP and all my sleep stuff and I have been going every day for the last week and feel pretty dam good right now. So it's interesting that this time around everything else I have been taking outside of my digestion stuff has seemed to help my digestion because despite staying on the digestion stuff only in April my constipation came back. Everything except labido and shitty erections feels pretty normal at the time. If you have never tried a fast maybe that's worth a try.

sorry did you mention somewher what kind of herbs you are cycling and what you are taking for sleep? Are the herbs for tking testosterone? Also be careful ebcause plenty of herbs can cause as much damage as they can help...

coppersocks

sorry did you mention somewher what kind of herbs you are cycling and what you are taking for sleep? Are the herbs for tking testosterone? Also be careful ebcause plenty of herbs can cause as much damage as they can help...

I think he's taking a some of the herbs listed on CDNuts website that is generally for people with PFS, as am I. They're listed here:

My Symptoms |

Helpful inititally until I got my estrogen under control. Now I no longer take it because it pushes my estrogen too low... except I will take 400iu if I eat a significant amount of unsaturated fats...

Yes its real.. I have bought a membership at one near me, it has been a life saver sometimes when im at my absolute worst, I use the lowest level one that doesn't make you tan and only do 2 or 3 mins a couple times a week

What symptoms do you experience with estrogen too low?

sladerunner69

Yes its real.. I have bought a membership at one near me, it has been a life saver sometimes when im at my absolute worst, I use the lowest level one that doesn't make you tan and only do 2 or 3 mins a couple times a week

What color is the light blue or red? I tried using a blue light and it didnt wrok, just as Dr Peat would assert

What kind of effect do you notice? Does it help with your dogestion problems or what symptoms specifically does it address?

Constipation is the biggest. If I'm so constipated, I will go ,and then when i get home I will need to have a bowel movement. But it doesn't always work. Sometimes i dont go for a week or so for a stronger effect.

But that is really the only effect. Outside of that, like i said it wears off fast, it doesn't increase my libido or anything.

I have started to 're research progesterone after you asked me about it... i have been finding some interesting things actually.. I have a new theory of what is going on.. hmm stay tuned

What kind of effect do you notice? Does it help with your dogestion problems or what symptoms specifically does it address?

Have u gotten your progesterone tested or has anyone done it along with estrogen? I want to get mine tested soon, but it seems like if I have horrible water retention, I obviously have low progesterone, but other people i see getting blood work have high progesterone from propeciahelp, many of you are not constipated as bad as me, maybe I am low, but some of you are high.

I will gst mine tested, can anyone else do it as well?

JoeKool

i'll add my .02 here... i see someone mentioned probiotics which is a must for digestive help... there are many strains and such... perhaps some testing is needed... and a fiber should be used to keep things moving... if you're holding waste, not only is it drying out which is why it's tough to go, but your body is absorbing such waste... I would add a generic fiber pill... maybe you need double dosage or twice daily but our issue definitely is helped by proper flushing of waste... don't be afraid to go higher dosages than what's on the bottle.

Of course, switching over to a primarily liquid diet like blended vegetables and shakes will instantly loosen things up within days... baby food too... you'll notice an orange color in your waste... that means it's not binding to anything... won't be fun tho

i'll add my .02 here... i see someone mentioned probiotics which is a must for digestive help... there are many strains and such... perhaps some testing is needed... and a fiber should be used to keep things moving... if you're holding waste, not only is it drying out which is why it's tough to go, but your body is absorbing such waste... I would add a generic fiber pill... maybe you need double dosage or twice daily but our issue definitely is helped by proper flushing of waste... don't be afraid to go higher dosages than what's on the bottle.

Of course, switching over to a primarily liquid diet like blended vegetables and shakes will instantly loosen things up within days... baby food too... you'll notice an orange color in your waste... that means it's not binding to anything... won't be fun tho

Can u tell me what u suggest to Do? I actually feel like i am being tortured, I think this is The worst condition I havr ever been in, I absolutely am unable to use the restroom and it is just sitting in me, like at the edge but won't release

My thought is it's high estrogen obviously, but I'm in a very deep bad loop here, water retention oit of control,n6

brix

Can u tell me what u suggest to Do? I actually feel like i am being tortured, I think this is The worst condition I havr ever been in, I absolutely am unable to use the restroom and it is just sitting in me, like at the edge but won't release

My thought is it's high estrogen obviously, but I'm in a very deep bad loop here, water retention oit of control,n6

Since peat supplementation (lowering estrogen/serotonin), my bowel movements have been more regular/solid.
Also been told I am looking healthier/more muscular/heavier with less weight lifting I was doing 2 months ago.

JoeKool

@mayweatherking

I would add a fiber supplement like a metamucil or generic Walmart fiber pill but double the dosage. Like not once a day but twice, until things start moving. Psyllium based. So the 1 I have says 5 pills is a dosage. Take that twice a day. Also, eat four baby food jars of whatever you can stomach. Sweet potato is the best. Baby food is easy to digest on purpose.

This is guaranteed to work and you'll need to dial it back once you get moving. This is natural supplements, nothing absorbable on purpose. Don't try anything like triphala just yet or a detox.

REOSIRENS

60-70 percent recovery from pfs is through environment (getting more sun light being in a low latitude place... Going out more...having a loving partner .... Having a rewarding job that stimulate(not saying overstimulation) and fullfil your life... Travelling more and interacting more with people through active social contact... Academic achievement through college(meaning better paid jobs and more life choices) ... In essence avoiding learned helplessness environment...) Other 30-40 is achieved by supplementation and diet...

PS you can take whatever supplements you want and things will not move forward if you don't change your environment(you can have the most powerful erections with supplements but if you don't have a loving partner where you can share these pleasurable moments you will always feel empty)

There is no magic pill that will make you new again...but diet supplementation and environment in combination can make things much better and certainly make you enjoy life again... and having more successful healthy days ...

Dr Raymond Peat has demonstrated several times how environment can even correct DNA damage and injured cells...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals