How to increase 5-AR Type 1 in the CNS (and in general)?

Glacier_Sama

How is this done without using neurosteroids? So far I think the following methods may help. But what else?

Glycine
Vitamin C (increase oxytocin -> stimulate 5AR1.)
Maybe Vitamin A?
Protodioscin from Tribulus? (It's a GABA agonist and stimulates some pituitary hormones.)
Creatine? I read that it can cross the bbb. I wonder if it can stimulate CNS 5AR.

Anything else? I got PFS symptoms in 2021 after consuming way too much 5AR inhibitors from food sources, especially pumpkin seeds which contain beta-sitosterol and strongly inhibits 5AR.

I spent a year dealing with the 5AR physical symptoms and I've overcome those, and now I'm trying to fix the 5AR symptoms which seem to be related to the CNS enzymes or at least 5AR1 in general. (low sebum production, low semen volume, lowered pheromone output, dry eyes, nose and ears etc.)

I'd appreciate an updated discussion on this topic since it seems to be something alot of people deal with, pfs or not.

Thanks

Frankdee20

Niacinamide has been mentioned as stimulating the 5AR pathways
The others you mentioned are valid

AnonE

Niacinamide has been mentioned as stimulating the 5AR pathways
The others you mentioned are valid

Would regular niacin (that can cause flushing) work as well?

Also to OP, what are the common food sources that can inhibit 5AR? Probably good learn to avoid. Didn't know that about pumpkin seeds.

Frankdee20

Also to OP, what are the common food sources that can inhibit 5AR? Probably good learn to avoid. Didn't know that about pumpkin seeds.
I don’t know, as far as I remember, only Niacinamide was mentioned

OP
Glacier_Sama

Glacier_Sama

There are so many 5AR inhibitors and most are dose dependent, but I try to stay away from anything containing alot of beta-sitosterol. So like, nuts and seeds and alot of other plant things.. back when I developed PFS symptoms, I was eating alot of Olive oil and cooking in coconut oil for testosterone. Come to find out, they inhibit 5AR. Combined with the Pumpkin seeds and Sunflower seeds and Dark chocolate, which I was eating alot of.. It messed me up for a while.

OP
Glacier_Sama

Glacier_Sama

Just wanting to update here since I found something interesting.

IGF-1 strongly stimulates 5AR enzymes and I believe 5AR1 specifically.

How to increase IGF-1? Activate ER-b.

Turkesterone and Ecdysterone increase IGF-1 in at least two ways..
1. By lowering myostatin
2. By activating ER-b

I'm going to try this and see...

LeeLemonoil

Just wanting to update here since I found something interesting.

IGF-1 strongly stimulates 5AR enzymes and I believe 5AR1 specifically.

How to increase IGF-1? Activate ER-b.

Turkesterone and Ecdysterone increase IGF-1 in at least two ways..
1. By lowering myostatin
2. By activating ER-b

I'm going to try this and see...
Pls report experiences with the ecdysteroids if you notice neurological / mental effects

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom