Alcohol And Androgenic Characteristics

Cameron

Why occasionally having a few cold ones makes you look more manly. If you are male and have sufficient amounts of Testosterone, 5-alpha reductase and consequently Dihydrotestosterone in combination with the genetic setup for beard growth it will definitely cause an increase in beard growth speed and to a lesser extent density wise.

This is because alcohol (ethanol) when ingested increases the downstream conversion of DHT into 3-alpha diol and 3-beta idol. 3-alpha diol is the main hormone/ metabolite responsible for these characteristics.

Furthermore consumption of alcohol quickly raises Testosterone levels and then causes a strong and comparatively long oestrogen increase. Oestrogen will cause Androgen exertion, due to its quality of literally displacing (driving) Androgens (Testosterone, DHT, metabolites like 3-a diol) out of muscle tissues, resulting in a temporarily increased Androgen concentration at the skin, where Androgen receptors responsible for beard growth are located.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

@haidut is there a 3 alpha diol benefit in terms of health as I see research just pointing to it as a weaker dht it appears to create masculine features could there be benefit to this metabolite and why my beer buddies look more androgenic. I love a couple (not hoppy) beers after a workout for calories and recovery could there be a benefit to have more 3alpha diol?

LCohen

3a-diol rises when your thyroid is insufficient. And associated with so-called androgenic problems like BPH/MPB.

While 3b-diol is an anti-inflammatory. A healthy thyroid should convert DHT to 3b-diol. Not the alpha one.

AFAIK. I might be wrong.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut is there a 3 alpha diol benefit in terms of health as I see research just pointing to it as a weaker dht it appears to create masculine features could there be benefit to this metabolite and why my beer buddies look more androgenic. I love a couple (not hoppy) beers after a workout for calories and recovery could there be a benefit to have more 3alpha diol?

the -diol, -dione, androsterone, DHT and allopregnanolone form one common pool of interconvertible steroids. It is quite hard to raise one without affecting the others so you can't really target raising only 3a-diol.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

the -diol, -dione, androsterone, DHT and allopregnanolone form one common pool of interconvertible steroids. It is quite hard to raise one without affecting the others so you can't really target raising only 3a-diol.
Is that why some complain taking andro lowers there libido? It's converting more to a weaker dht metabolite that may impact libido negativly vs it going to dht? The pool of 5ar steroids is interesting but we can't say for sure Wich ones are typically being increased and at what exact amounts. Not to mention blood vs tissue. it still is a guessing game a bit

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Increasing the overall enzyme of 5ar seems the safest and easiest as the body can work out the metabolites while test is at a higher rate converted to stronger androgens and keeping a positive feedback loop and the 5ar metabolites are more abundant and self stimulate themselves and the enzyme throughout the body and brain

X3CyO

I've read that ethanol also lowers b vitamins, but yeast creates b vitamins. Is it just because alcohol is pasteurized and filtered that there aren't any on labels?
It looks like just removing yeast from the beer and keeping everything else raw would leave a solid energy drink. that and avoiding hops.

Redbull and staying hydrated has always worked for preventing hangovers too. I wonder if its the b vitamins.

X3CyO

* double post

rei

I think the b vitamin is in the yeast, not in the beer. If you take out the yeast from the beer as most commercial places do you don't get noticeable amounts.

I was surprised when i bought a wine kit from a different manufacturer than normal, and they apparently decided to use nicotinic acid instead of nicotinamide in the nutrient mix. None of it's characteristic smell was left once the wine was ready so it must have been taken up fully.

Xemnoraq

Is that why some complain taking andro lowers there libido? It's converting more to a weaker dht metabolite that may impact libido negativly vs it going to dht? The pool of 5ar steroids is interesting but we can't say for sure Wich ones are typically being increased and at what exact amounts. Not to mention blood vs tissue. it still is a guessing game a bit
I was just curious where did you see claims that androsterone lowers libido? Ive beem using recently and libido took a nose dive, but i was certain it was the progesterone doing that i thought androsterone was supposed to raise libido so i wasnt sure

sun-maid

I was just curious where did you see claims that androsterone lowers libido? Ive beem using recently and libido took a nose dive, but i was certain it was the progesterone doing that i thought androsterone was supposed to raise libido so i wasnt sure

Androsterone can lower estrogen a lot. It can cause low libido.

Xemnoraq

Hmm, it seems weird to think estrogen would be responsible for having a good libido considering it rises with age and libido declines with age, what is the mechanism in how estrogen improves libido? Are there any studies attributed to this?

Xemnoraq

Hmm, it seems weird to think estrogen would be responsible for having a good libido considering it rises with age and libido declines with age, what is the mechanism in how estrogen improves libido? Are there any studies attributed to this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals