Thoughts On 5ar And Post Finasteride Syndrome

sladerunner69

Many of them..ambien, xanax, phenibut etc., no I didn't see a doctor. Haven't tried valium though. I talked about phenibut withdrawals on one of these threads, I think it was the nicotine thread.

Oh not prozac? I was thinking about low dose prozac but Im sketched about SSRI's giving me a serotonin spike.

TubZy

Oh not prozac? I was thinking about low dose prozac but Im sketched about SSRI's giving me a serotonin spike.

Haven't tried SSRI's. The only somewhat SSRI (it is also an opiate too) type substance I have is tramadol at the moment, I have been debating on giving it a try. I think low dose should be okay, especially if you are taking other anti serotonin supps like diamant, caffeine etc.

sladerunner69

Haven't tried SSRI's. The only somewhat SSRI (it is also an opiate too) type substance I have is tramadol at the moment, I have been debating on giving it a try. I think low dose should be okay, especially if you are taking other anti serotonin supps like diamant, caffeine etc.

I wouldn't take diamant with prozac that sounds like maybe too volatile of a combo.

Dude you have tramadol? I asked my doctor and she said no because it's commonly abused. From the studies you too have been posting it looks like it could be highly beneficial.

TubZy

I wouldn't take diamant with prozac that sounds like maybe too volatile of a combo.

Dude you have tramadol? I asked my doctor and she said no because it's commonly abused. From the studies you too have been posting it looks like it could be highly beneficial.

Not together, but separate times (AM prozac and PM diamant) but if still feel skeptical, I don't blame you, there are a million other ways to keep serotonin in check.

Alright, I'll give it a try later tonight, 100mg I will do and post back here after I take it. Bloom tried it already and said it helped (mental symptoms only), but I'll try it anyways.

sladerunner69

Not together, but separate times (AM prozac and PM diamant) but if still feel skeptical, I don't blame you, there are a million other ways to keep serotonin in check.

Alright, I'll give it a try later tonight, 100mg I will do and post back here after I take it. Bloom tried it already and said it helped (mental symptoms only), but I'll try it anyways.

Fantastic. I read some people saying they were "fully" recovered similar to taking ghb. Probably exaggerated but still good.

Can I ask how you got it? Was it somewhere online without a doctor? That would be nice

TubZy

Fantastic. I read some people saying they were "fully" recovered similar to taking ghb. Probably exaggerated but still good.

Can I ask how you got it? Was it somewhere online without a doctor? That would be nice

Based on the research, I'm just excited for etifoxine.

Yeah, I'll PM you

OP
bloom

bloom

So there seems to be an inverse relationship between testosterone levels and 5ar1 expression in the brain, and a positive correlation between Testosterone levels and 5ar2 expression in the Brain (from the previous studies mentioned in this thread). GABAA receptor agonist may be so effective at improving not just libido and other cognitive symptoms as they may increase activity of both isoenzymes (or even all three including 5ar3). Some men report an improvement in libido when taking testosterone but a worsening of anxiety. Other guys (including myself) experience a worsening of all cognitive problems, including libido, brain fog anxiety ect. I think its time to start a new thread I'll collect all the relevant info from this one, and create a new one so its all a bit clearer.

TubZy

So there seems to be an inverse relationship between testosterone levels and 5ar1 expression in the brain, and a positive correlation between Testosterone levels and 5ar2 expression in the Brain (from the previous studies mentioned in this thread). GABAA receptor agonist may be so effective at improving not just libido and other cognitive symptoms as they may increase activity of both isoenzymes (or even all three including 5ar3). Some men report an improvement in libido when taking testosterone but a worsening of anxiety. Other guys (including myself) experience a worsening of all cognitive problems, including libido, brain fog anxiety ect. I think its time to start a new thread I'll collect all the relevant info from this one, and create a new one so its all a bit clearer.

Yeah, when I was using masteron, physically I felt awesome, veins were out everywhere, waist was super tight, abs, metabolism etc. except I felt unhinged, extremely irritable, lack of brain penis connection, which was weird (so I though at the time)....prior to taking fin when I used masteron, I felt calm, assertive, confident, awesome mood so it was a complete different response.

FYI, masteron is basically like injectable DHT essentially (well almost), it didn't make any sense to me regarding the negative mental effect b/c my DHT levels were through the roof.

I tried carbamazepine an anticonvulsant, it did improve libido, brought back nightly/spontaneous erections. But caused bizarre auditory side effects. Makes me think that CBD oil might be worth trying since it seems to have very strong anticonvulsant properties. A lot of claims are out there of recovery from cannabis by the way.

no, it's not the cure,

OP
bloom

bloom

Yeah, when I was using masteron, physically I felt awesome, veins were out everywhere, waist was super tight, abs, metabolism etc. except I felt unhinged, extremely irritable, lack of brain penis connection, which was weird (so I though at the time)....prior to taking fin when I used masteron, I felt calm, assertive, confident, awesome mood so it was a complete different response.

FYI, masteron is basically like injectable DHT essentially (well almost), it didn't make any sense to me regarding the negative mental effect b/c my DHT levels were through the roof.
It's in our Brains man, our Brains and our Balls the two most powerful sexual organs. I'll start working on the bew thread soon.

Nutrabio is what most of us use, I think you meant nutrabio when you said nutrabrand.

Nice thanks. I just ordered it. 500MG I see. I am thinking about splitting the pills in half at first before I jump right into 500mg.

Do we need to worry about over dosing on B3 as much as we would need to worry about b6? I think I have read that too much b6 can cause nerve damage but I can't find those types of warnings with B3.

TubZy

Nice thanks. I just ordered it. 500MG I see. I am thinking about splitting the pills in half at first before I jump right into 500mg.

Do we need to worry about over dosing on B3 as much as we would need to worry about b6? I think I have read that too much b6 can cause nerve damage but I can't find those types of warnings with B3.

No, B3 is pretty safe. Once you get into the range of 1500mg or more per day, liver enzymes can possibly go up slightly, but in the studies the increment was small and it was only in like 30% of subjects only too.

sladerunner69

Interesting this is sort of the same problem I get with androsterone, I become aggressive and stronger but I get irritable and my libido actually goes down.

sladerunner69

Never heard of any issies with b3 aside feom blood sugar drop because it increases sugar metabolism dramatically. P5p has been shown to cause neuropathy.

sladerunner69

I said "has triggered a temporary improvement in symptoms" nobody said anything about recovered there's a difference. So nobody with PFS has ever mentioned temporary improvements from alcohol, illness or marijuana? There's been big discussions on solvepfs on how guys have felt better when they're ill. Still, if you can't answer properly fair enough but trying to belittle my comments seems childish. Good luck with Peaty lifestyle.

Ive simply never heard of anyone recoverung from being Ill or using marijuana or alcohol. Personally I have had terrible pfs and used those and it has only made things drastically worse off. I am belittling your comment because I believe that recommendation is foolish but it was not a personal attack so don't it to heart. I just dont think anyone needs to read that amd go any start using things that are going to spike their stress hormones and potentially halt their recovery.

sladerunner69

I've been taking PEA for a 2 weeks and think there may be a slight benefit, but it's hard to tell. I've also ordered Etifoxine and am looking forward to adding that to my regimen. Did you get it from rupharma as well?

I had quite a strong recovery for about 2 weeks from Mirtazapine and Progesterone (I've also been on a very low dose of klonopin [.25mg 2x day] for the past 2 months, trying to get off it but when I try to stop completely, I feel too edgy/anxious) , but it leveled off and I couldn't get the same level of energy back. My biggest issue has been brain fog and anxiety/depression/motivation. It was weird that in the last week I got a large uptick in body ance (shoulders and back) and sort of leathery skin so I've back off the progesterone for a bit. I'm experimenting now with Gonadin (8 drops before bed) to cycle something else. It's been two nights and maybe feeling slightly better, but nothing dramatic either way to report. My acne has started to subside. I'm hoping the Etifoxine/Stresam will be a nice bridge to drop the klonopin.

Did the progesterone make you tired? Are you taking any androgens or dhea? And how did you find etifoxime did you have to ask your MD?

sladerunner69

You increase androgens peripherally puts a negative feedback on the Hypothalamus and Pituitary. Leads to decreased activity of an ALEADY SEVERELY DOWNREGULATED ENZYME IN THE PITUITARY. I'll add that this can explain why men report to get better on a low dose of Fin. Fin doesn't inhibit 5ar1 which is expressed in the brain. Fin reduces blood levels of androgens, increases 5ar1 activity in the pituitary

Sorry but if fin lowers 5ar1 activity in the brain, how does it also raise it? Or are you asserting that fin only lowers types 2&3 in the brain? If that is the case why would we want to increase type 1?

OP
bloom

bloom

Sorry but if fin lowers 5ar1 activity in the brain, how does it also raise it? Or are you asserting that fin only lowers types 2&3 in the brain? If that is the case why would we want to increase type 1?
This is all theoretical you can't be certain, but if you read back through this thread you'll find my argument and studies referenced.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals