Thoughts On 5ar And Post Finasteride Syndrome

OP
bloom

bloom

I know man it is very complex...lol. Yeah, I know what you mean, I was prescribed percocets while on fin for two surgeries I had and I used them both while on and after fin. It does improve mental feelings but didn't do much at all for libido, I think it is due to the fact that opiates can lower T. Amphetamines and their derivatives I used in the past like DMAA, increased libido for me.

For anyone that has the balls to try and of these drugs that were very effective on 5AR in the brain from the study

("...Diencephalon 5 alpha-reductase activity showed a highly significant increase (p less than 0.01) after a single administration of carbamazepine, reserpine, diazepam, phenytoin, phenobarbital or disulfiram. A significant increase (p less than 0.05) was also found after a single administration of methylphenidate, caffeine or methamphetamine.")

This site has many of them (it is legit as many people order thyroid from them from this site)
Meds.com.mx
I tried carbamazepine an anticonvulsant, it did improve libido, brought back nightly/spontaneous erections. But caused bizarre auditory side effects. Makes me think that CBD oil might be worth trying since it seems to have very strong anticonvulsant properties. A lot of claims are out there of recovery from cannabis by the way.

TubZy

OK holy ****, I think I found an explanation for why T and DHT can have prosexual effects but makes guys mental states deteriorate. I initially I thought that the isoenzyme 5ar2 was not expressed in the brain, I'm wrong on that. So basically this study found that T increased 5ar2 mRNA levels in the CNS of rats. But decreased 5ar1 mRNA levels. The study also states that 5ar2 is thought to be responsible for whereas 5ar1 is responsible for

Effects of testosterone on brain mRNA levels of steroid 5alpha-reductase isozymes in early postnatal life of rat. - PubMed - NCBI

This can explain why Morphine based drugs don't improve my libido but do improve my brain fog, memory and mood. The studies mention that morphine increases 5ar1, not 5ar2@TubZy

Yup- that totally makes sense now. Good find dude, I was trying to understand that too.

The the benzos/pro GABA drugs give me a much better/normal response and totally reverse all symptoms compared to the opiates.

We are going to figure this out once and for all very soon lol.

TubZy

I tried carbamazepine an anticonvulsant, it did improve libido, brought back nightly/spontaneous erections. But caused bizarre auditory side effects. Makes me think that CBD oil might be worth trying since it seems to have very strong anticonvulsant properties. A lot of claims are out there of recovery from cannabis by the way.

Yeah, from that the drugs listed in that first list, many of them are pretty nasty, at least on paper. The second list seems pretty solid. I think methylphenidate (ritalin) would be the best to add besides caffeine. It seems like anything that is anti seizure is beneficial.

Yeah, I smoked weed prior and while on fin, definitely helped somewhat. It stimulates pregnenolone as a defensive mechanism so maybe that is why it can help. Never tried CBD oil though.

TubZy

I definitely feel the difference. Is there any concern with taking diamant with other meds? I don't necessarily want everything I'm taking crossing the BBB.

What are your thoughts on why Etifoxine, white peony extract and naltrexone might be helpful?

Naltrexone is especially intriguing to me, as some people have had fantastic results with low doses treating autoimmune diseases.

I would take any scripted drugs or non pfs related drugs in general away from diamant, IMO.

sladerunner69

I wouldn't touch cannabis or CBD oil those are very high in phyto estrogens and may improve your mental sides somewhat but will be counterproductive in the long run. I am going to formulate and *come up* with some firsthand *studies* on the effects of GHB as it relates to pfs. I just need to locate one more ingredient...

Terma

OK holy ****, I think I found an explanation for why T and DHT can have prosexual effects but makes guys mental states deteriorate. I initially I thought that the isoenzyme 5ar2 was not expressed in the brain, I'm wrong on that. So basically this study found that T increased 5ar2 mRNA levels in the CNS of rats. But decreased 5ar1 mRNA levels. The study also states that 5ar2 is thought to be responsible for whereas 5ar1 is responsible for

Effects of testosterone on brain mRNA levels of steroid 5alpha-reductase isozymes in early postnatal life of rat. - PubMed - NCBI

This can explain why Morphine based drugs don't improve my libido but do improve my brain fog, memory and mood. The studies mention that morphine increases 5ar1, not 5ar2@TubZy
That was my understanding that type I and II are both present in the brain. My only question is about relative abundance, because just because it's present doesn't mean it's in high amounts and in what areas. Maybe there's still a lot more type I than type II, and in different brain areas. I don't know.

Thank you for posting that study and I will read it. This strengthens my belief you still need more experts looking at this because it's from 10 years ago...

The opioids are effective to me although they do lower libido and they definitely should increase allopreg. They reduce the precursors of 5-AR through increased conversion so bad that it's considered a clinical problem for long term pain med users although it may also affect the production of test. I can't find the PDF link now but I had one that blamed 5-AR entirely.

OP
bloom

bloom

That was my understanding that type I and II are both present in the brain. My only question is about relative abundance, because just because it's present doesn't mean it's in high amounts and in what areas. Maybe there's still a lot more type I than type II, and in different brain areas. I don't know.

Thank you for posting that study and I will read it. This strengthens my belief you still need more experts looking at this because it's from 10 years ago...

The opioids are effective to me although they do lower libido and they definitely should increase allopreg. They reduce the precursors of 5-AR through increased conversion so bad that it's considered a clinical problem for long term pain med users although it may also affect the production of test. I can't find the PDF link now but I had one that blamed 5-AR entirely.
I thought 5ar1, and 5ar3 were only expressed in the brain. 5ar2 is but it seems in much lower amounts and in fewer areas of the Brain compared with 1 and 3.

TubZy

I wouldn't touch cannabis or CBD oil those are very high in phyto estrogens and may improve your mental sides somewhat but will be counterproductive in the long run. I am going to formulate and *come up* with some firsthand *studies* on the effects of GHB as it relates to pfs. I just need to locate one more ingredient...

Just use GBL wheel cleaner :D...or darknet lol

TubZy

I wonder what would be the outcome of combing an opiate with T3 or some sort of other androgen that increases the DHT throughout the body like androsterone or something. It would address both areas, no? Increase 5AR in brain while increasing 5AR in the body.

Cydanic

I would take any scripted drugs or non pfs related drugs in general away from diamant, IMO.
When you say to keep away...do you mean don't take within an hour of each other? A few hours? Same day?
I've had to go back on gut and liver meds, and I definitely don't want that stuff crossing BBB

sladerunner69

I wonder what would be the outcome of combing an opiate with T3 or some sort of other androgen that increases the DHT throughout the body like androsterone or something. It would address both areas, no? Increase 5AR in brain while increasing 5AR in the body.

So any idea how are we supposed to obtain opioids without prescriptions? If we order from mexico that could be very risky with customs screening I just want to point that out.

Jsaute21

So any idea how are we supposed to obtain opioids without prescriptions? If we order from mexico that could be very risky with customs screening I just want to point that out.

Aren't opiates trash on the liver, and incredibly addictive?

sladerunner69

I don't know about how they effect the liver exactly. That may just be a rumour. Or it may be totally accurate. Let's looks up some studies shall we?

Also Im hoping it will only take a few brief doses to upregulate 5AR again. I am not fearful of addiction... as long as my thyroid is running smooth!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::trophy:

sladerunner69

Yup- that totally makes sense now. Good find dude, I was trying to understand that too.

The the benzos/pro GABA drugs give me a much better/normal response and totally reverse all symptoms compared to the opiates.

We are going to figure this out once and for all very soon lol.

What pro GABA drugs did you try? Did you have to see your doctor?

TubZy

Lol, I'm not saying to use opiates (I don't even think that site sells opiates), I mentioned that site b/c from the study bloom posted those drugs range from ritalin to like caffeine to blood pressure medications etc. those were the drugs I was talking about that that site stocks a lot of.

TubZy

I think they get a bad rep for the liver due to the opiates that are cut with tylenol (percocet for example). Tylenol is toxic to the liver.

If any drug on the list would be the best for 5AR, would be valium (diazepam) at least according to the study.

sladerunner69

Lol, I'm not saying to use opiates (I don't even think that site sells opiates), I mentioned that site b/c from the study bloom posted those drugs range from ritalin to like caffeine to blood pressure medications etc. those were the drugs I was talking about that that site stocks a lot of.

Yeah I have checked all through the site it actually is quite limited. It sells antibiotics and t3 but not tramadol or any kind of pain reliever.

What pro-GABA drug did you try that "reversed" all your symptoms better than opiates?

TubZy

What pro GABA drugs did you try? Did you have to see your doctor?

Many of them..ambien, xanax, phenibut etc., no I didn't see a doctor. Haven't tried valium though. I talked about phenibut withdrawals on one of these threads, I think it was the nicotine thread.

TubZy

When you say to keep away...do you mean don't take within an hour of each other? A few hours? Same day?
I've had to go back on gut and liver meds, and I definitely don't want that stuff crossing BBB

I would separate it by a few hours, I think that should be fine. Maybe @haidut can confirm, but in my experience , hours was sufficient

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals