Thinking Of Doing A Juice Fast To Lose Fat

cyclops

Thinking about doing a juice fast to really get body fat low where I want it to be.

As much fruit juice as I want, whenever I want. I don't really think it would be that hard to do either.

What ya'll think?

tara

You are not in a fragile state to begin with, are you?

Complete non-expert, never tried it myself, my hunch would be:

It might work out. Could try a day or two.
If you like it, you could do it again next week. Or every morning. Or three days next time.
Maybe include fresh fruit too.
If you get a craving for salt, add a little. If not, don't.
If it's your only source of food, quality and freshness probably matter.

If you go for longer fasts with no solids, or just fruit, I think you need to be cautious about reintroducing other foods again afterwards.
And be careful not to overdo the work you do during the fast.

Over a longer period, you need to be watching overall nutritional needs. Check what you might be missing, eg using cronometer to see roughly what minerals vitamins, protein etc are likely in the fruits.

olive

Go for it, add salt if it’s a prolonged fast.

Considering reading about the fasting mimicking diet for an alternative approach.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

No I'm not in a fragile state.

Yea, I'm doing it. I was thinking about adding a little fat free dairy in the evening for some protein, but I'm not. Want to keep my insulin levels steady and see if I can burn allot of fat safely this way.

I'll add salt if Im craving it.

I'd eat fruit too, but I probably won't just because it's easier to drink juice. Looking forward to saving some time not having to cook much or eat for a bit lol.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Do you think it be good to use any supplements during said juice fast? I'm thinking thyroid and vitamin E could be beneficial. Maybe progesterone?

Still going to be taking caffeine as well. Maybe I'll include coffee with sugar too.

Last edited:

tara

If you are doing it for one or two days as I suggested, and you are robust, and it goes well, I don't know that you need supplements.
Unless you do more research and have ways to monitor the effects, and what hazards, risks or counterindications to look out for, and have an informed plan for how and when to stop, I'm not recommending more than that (because I don't know enough).

Depending on what juices you choose, and your personal needs, I imagine it might be low on a few things, egcalcium, so I wouldn't recommend doing it for longer without checking it out. Also, if you don't eat solids for a while, your gut function is likely to change. The old 'if you don't use it you lose it' might apply wrt the microbes that have been serving you well, etc.

As I say, I'm no expert, I just think that extended fasts can have effects, and I favour caution and being informed over recklessness.

I consider thyroid potentially hazardous in the absence of generous nutrition.
I'd generally think that, if needed, thyroid is something to gradually titrate up over weeks and months, with monitoring of relevant signs, else it's got the potential to get into trouble (and has done).
I'd not recommend progesterone in calorie or other nutritional deficit.

Saving time on a busy day once or twice a week might work, or you might need to rest more - to be seen. Longer term, it looks like a recipe for depletion. People who get good results from juice fasts seem to take time to do it with care.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

If you are doing it for one or two days as I suggested, and you are robust, and it goes well, I don't know that you need supplements.
Unless you do more research and have ways to monitor the effects, and what hazards, risks or counterindications to look out for, and have an informed plan for how and when to stop, I'm not recommending more than that (because I don't know enough).

Depending on what juices you choose, and your personal needs, I imagine it might be low on a few things, egcalcium, so I wouldn't recommend doing it for longer without checking it out. Also, if you don't eat solids for a while, your gut function is likely to change. The old 'if you don't use it you lose it' might apply wrt the microbes that have been serving you well, etc.

As I say, I'm no expert, I just think that extended fasts can have effects, and I favour caution and being informed over recklessness.

I consider thyroid potentially hazardous in the absence of generous nutrition.
I'd generally think that, if needed, thyroid is something to gradually titrate up over weeks and months, with monitoring of relevant signs, else it's got the potential to get into trouble (and has done).
I'd not recommend progesterone in calorie or other nutritional deficit.

Saving time on a busy day once or twice a week might work, or you might need to rest more - to be seen. Longer term, it looks like a recipe for depletion. People who get good results from juice fasts seem to take time to do it with care.

Thanks Tara. Already taking thyroid so I guess I meant I'll keep on taking it.

For me this will really just be cutting out starch and protein for a while. It's kind of like if you were doing the most extreme "peat diet" of pretty much fruit and and dairy, and then you just cut out the dairy too.

I don't know if this is a good idea, but I'm gonna try it out for a while and see how it goes.

tara

If a while means more than a couple of days, it doesn't look like a great plan, but probably better than a complete unprepared and unsupervised fast.

Hope you'll eat other stuff when you notice you need or want it.

michael94

these are just my thoughts if I was planning to drink a lot of juice, I have no way of knowing how you feel/ what might be best but maybe it can give some ideas

I would want to take "things" that r relaxing like Gaba and progesterone plus something that increases libido. And whether one is sexually active or not is not important because I believe things that increase libido tend to have good effects on helping the liver stabilize/deal with toxins. Kind of like the catatoxic effect of progesterone/ some androgens. But you have to be careful because what is considered increasing "libido" in males can also just mean increasing stress hormones to the extent that one has blue balls ( not healthy ). Libido enhancers marketed to females or various types seem more appropriate for males, go figure. Ive been wanting to try yomhimbine. and that is a bark, which really appeals to me

With so much liquid from juice I would probably desire dairy in the form of low fat cottage cheese maybe non fat. Adding salt to taste. Then again I am wary of chloride. I recently started consuming sodium sulfate and while its not something you would want to put on food per se it is the only thing Ive tasted which has an immediate exothermic reaction in the mouth. Like the opposite of the cooling effect you might experience from menthol, very interesting. Loudwolf is a good supplier. You might also consider gypsum ( calcium sulfate ) as a calcium/sulfur source if dairy is not agreeable. Gypsum is known as shi gao in chinese medicine

Im not a fan of caffeine when eating low metal foods like dairy/fruit, at least not coffee.

tankasnowgod

I've been interested in this idea more and more.

Please report back after 2 days, even if you decide to go longer. I'm curious for the results after a couple days, and having done "intermittent fasting" back in the paleo days, I'm thinking that a 24, 36, or 48 hour juice fast every week or so might be helpful for fat loss and such.

X3CyO

Juice feast; John Rose.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I've been interested in this idea more and more.

Please report back after 2 days, even if you decide to go longer. I'm curious for the results after a couple days, and having done "intermittent fasting" back in the paleo days, I'm thinking that a 24, 36, or 48 hour juice fast every week or so might be helpful for fat loss and such.

This is actually my second day, went by real fast. Didn't even feel like fasting or anything odd. Not sure if I lost any fat yet or anything. Probably drank like 1.5-2 gallons of OJ. I feel pretty good. Didn't get tired after lunch like I normally do.

postman

absolutely pointless to do unless you're drinking raw unpasteurized juice

T

tca300

Thinking about doing a juice fast to really get body fat low where I want it to be.

As much fruit juice as I want, whenever I want. I don't really think it would be that hard to do either.

What ya'll think?
I think it would be a very effective way to dissolve your lean tissue. I would include plenty of protein and calcium to help protect your bones, organs and muscle.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I think it would be a very effective way to dissolve your lean tissue. I would include plenty of protein and calcium to help protect your bones, organs and muscle.

Interesting TCA. I was thinking that if I constantly gave my body the carbs it wants it would not have a reason to breakdown lean tissue. I was thinking I could get away with very low protein for a short while.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals