Diet of milk and oranje juice to lose weight

kkrtype

I am sorry I am asking to many questions!

I have been reading several, several posts and my question is can I just do a diet of orange juice, milk and coffee and maybe broth for a few weeks in order to lose weight? Would that give me all the fat and protein, etc that I need?

I myself lost -14 pounds on that diet :lol:

OP
K

kkrtype

Thanks!!! Can you elaborate? What did you do for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Did you get hungry? Did you gain the weight back? How long were you on that?

marcar72

He was being sarcastic. There's the Peat paradigm and most people on this forum adhere to it to a great degree but there's individual ways of doing it. Several individual factors need to be taken into account like weight, age, current state of affairs, goals, etc., etc.

You must find your own way, young Jedi.

I got back down to my high school weight, have been there for awhile. I was that 10 - 15 pounds post high school extra weight for awhile there when starting out. Some people gain weight and keep it but feel much better, more lively with a lot of other more troubling issues clearing up.

Whole milk makes up about 60% of my diet, OJ about 20%, and the other 20% of my diet is occasional chocolate/liver/oysters/eggs and that's about it here lately. I've been having a good bit of chocolate daily and 8oz liver/weekly here lately since I haven't cooked anything in a few months. Here soon I'll again probably cook a good meat/potato dish a couple times a week.

Knowing why I eat and supplement the way I do and being open to change and experiment is way more valuable than just having someone tell me what to eat and when. :2cents

marcar72

Maybe he wasn't being sarcastic, lol. I just realized that YES... I TOO lost about 14 pounds on that diet!! :lol:

natedawggh

kkrtype said:
I am sorry I am asking to many questions!

I have been reading several, several posts and my question is can I just do a diet of orange juice, milk and coffee and maybe broth for a few weeks in order to lose weight? Would that give me all the fat and protein, etc that I need?

No you can't. Unwanted weight is more of a function of amino acid balance in the diet than anything else. You can read this thread I started here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6217&hilit=shrimp

I have continued losing weight with this, interrupted briefly by taking supplemental Lysine, which has many health benefits just not weight loss, which also has in my experience, validated this as being true when weight loss is the focus of the diet (and I'm talking about healthy weight loss, anyone can lose weight by starving themselves at the cost of more health problems).

nikotrope

I have been able to lose weight with only milk and orange juice but with a calorie restriction. Currently I am losing weight again with milk, cream and fruits (and orange juice), with occasional chocolate/eggs/liver/beef/shellfish. I don't seem to lose weight when I eat too much carbs. Ratios may be important but it differs from person to person.

I'm 100% serious. I lost negative fourteen pounds in about a year.

tara

Such_Saturation said:
Just to clarify, lost negative fourteen pounds = gained fourteen pounds? :?:

tara

I agree with marcar that how it works for you depends on your own state.
And I agree with natedawwg that anyone can starve themelves to further weightloss at cost to their health, and that healthy weight loss can sometimes be achieved by other means.
For instance, for someone who has never restricted calories/undereaten significantly in their life before, and whose metabolism is fairly robust, a short calorie restriction with nourishing food seems to often be effective for losing weight. But for someone who has trained their body to withstand famine by repeated and/or prolonged undereating, so that it now defensively runs at a reduced metabolim, further restriction doesn't seem likely to me to have much to offer for improved health - more likely to just give the body the message to reduce metabolism even further.
As a reference, apparently average weight-stable non-dieting adult women before menopause have been measured as eating about 2500 cals. A couple of hundred less may be typical after menopause.
Small energy deficits tend to cause less damage than large ones.

I'm not sure you've posted definitive evidence, but it seems likely there is at least slightly low thyroid at play for you? If so, Peat would suggest doing what you can to raise metabolism as the best strategy for coming closer to your ideal weight (healthwise) - I guess you've seen the current thread with lots of things to try for that?

tara

Such_Saturation said:
tara said:
Such_Saturation said:
yes :cry:
Restored muscles, bones, thymus, etc?

Gl;itch.e

Such_Saturation said:
tara said:
Such_Saturation said:
tara said:
Such_Saturation said:

It does not feel like it!
You sure? Thymus is that jiggly thing round the midsection correct?

Gl;itch.e said:
Such_Saturation said:
tara said:
Such_Saturation said:
tara said:
Such_Saturation said:

Well that one is difficult because it is under the restored bones.

tara

Such_Saturation said:
Gl;itch.e said:
Such_Saturation said:
tara said:
Such_Saturation said:
tara said:
Such_Saturation said:

Well that one is difficult because it is under the restored bones.
I'm kind of hoping the trivial nature of my last cold is indirect evidence of improved thymus - but it's hardly conclusive. :lol:

Yeah I "caught" the "flu" back in November... I took a quarter of Cyproheptadine and twelve hours later it was gone.

OP
K

kkrtype

Well, I sure have gotten my share of responses, some serious, and some obviously not. But to the serious posts, yes, I did post my recent test results in another post. My naturopathic doc said that my thyroid is perfectly fine with one of those aspects being extremely good. (The free TH or one of those!)

And, Nate, yes, you have written me before and I have seen those posts. I went to get some scallops and they are wicked expensive....so I did the shrimp and it's expensive too. I also went to the link to get some amino acids and the store that was attached to the link.....all the ones I wanted were on backorder.....so it kind of slipped my mind. But I will revisit that again. Thank you all.

tara

kkrtype said:
Well, I sure have gotten my share of responses, some serious, and some obviously not. But to the serious posts, yes, I did post my recent test results in another post. My naturopathic doc said that my thyroid is perfectly fine with one of those aspects being extremely good. (The free TH or one of those!)

Maybe it's good. But the standard ranges that doctors go by say it's fine up to over 4 (how much over depends on country). Mine's a little over 2, and my dr said - middle of the range - no problem. Peat says TSH over 2 hardly ever corresponds to good health, and favours TSH<1, preferably <0.4. That's why I asked if you had the numbers, not just your ND's opinion. Temps and pulse and other symptoms help give an even clearer idea about whether this is a key issue holding back health.

tara

Such_Saturation said:
Yeah I "caught" the "flu" back in November... I took a quarter of Cyproheptadine and twelve hours later it was gone.
O good, let's just settle for the indirect evidence, and not break open your reinforced sternum to have a look. :)