How On Earth To Meet Requirements On Low-fluid And Low-fat?

Howdy,

Feeling a little trapped suddenly.

Trying to stay low-fat to shed some from my hips, but wanting to keep up calories to keep cortisol down and support regeneration.

No ripe fruit available, and I'm never thirsty enough to drink enough coffee, milk, or juice.

Would turn to starch, but my general experience has been it makes me bloated and put on weight.

What to do? :/

OP
T
Thanks.

But what about the reported estrogen content of dried fruit? I've heard it's high.

And on the topic of low fat cheese, is it as nutritionally valuable as full fat cheese? Where are the fat soluble vitamins? There have been a few articles published in the UK recently about the dangers of low-fat substitutes.

marteagal

I think a lot of people on the forum don't worry too much because they supplement the fat soluble vitamins anyway, e.g., Haidut's EstroBan. Some people don't get enough sunlight, others don't like beef liver, ...

lindsay

If you live in the UK, I've heard they have awesome marmalade there :) I would suggest eating some marmalade (homemade or organic store bought). I do not follow a low fat diet and have opted for fuller fat dairy - though lately, I'm switching to mostly goat dairy lately to see how it goes. However, I do like the "Light" Babyel cheese wheels. Also, I know they make some reduced fat farmers cheese - maybe that will be a good option.

Thomm

Orange juice concentrate

I'm drinking 1 quart of it daily. This equals 4 quarts of regular orange juice. The concentrate is a little thick.

Sunshine in a bottle! :P

Impossible without fruit and starch. There's not much else to eat. There are not much FSV's in dairy fat. There are only small amounts of A and K2. Which is why many people supplement with A. The value of dairy is not the fat, it's the lactose, casein, and calcium. But one could get sugar, protein, and calcium for other sources as well if they didn't do dairy. Dried fruit has phytoestrogens which are not active in the body. Since you said you want to keep fat low, boiled starch without any fat added should result in body fat loss, not gain. I've been in the starch trenches for almost 2 years now and everyone who does it right loses body fat instead of gaining it. The starch is mostly non-flour sources and it's usually potatoes of all kinds and rice. The biggest problem is preparation. It takes more work preparing starch in this way that most are willing to do. It's much harder than the simple Roddy style of milk, can of oysters, cheese, juice, carrot. It's much harder and thats why most people won't do it. But it works if one puts in the work and your palette adjusts to low fat after some time. Buy frozen and canned fruit.

Last edited:

Ukall

Since you said you want to keep fat low, boiled starch without any fat added should result in body fat loss, not gain. I've been in the starch trenches for almost 2 years now and everyone who does it right loses body fat instead of gaining it
Wouldn't a person gain weight only if consumes more than his energy needs? This is, even if that person eats potatoes with some fat, he won't gain weight if he doesn't over eat. Am I wrong?

Jayfish

Impossible to do low fat, low fluid and no starch. You need to pick one to bring up.

Your fat loss options are high protein and sugar with some sat fat. Meats, cheese, fruit, juice, sugar and milk.

Or very low fat, high starch, high sugar. Lean meats, rice, potatoes, breads, no fat dairy and fruits/sugar.

I think both those options are viable for fat loss. Fat + starch usually leads to fat gain.

Jayfish

Wouldn't a person gain weight only if consumes more than his energy needs? This is, even if that person eats potatoes with some fat, he won't gain weight if he doesn't over eat. Am I wrong?

Typical dieting (low cals) doesn't work for fat loss long term, usually it just results in muscle loss and a slowed metabolism. Getting lean means you need to take advantage of metabolism. There are ways to do this without going low cal.

Ukall

Fat + starch usually leads to fat gain.
Typical dieting (low cals) doesn't work for fat loss long term, usually it just results in muscle loss and a slowed metabolism. Getting lean means you need to take advantage of metabolism. There are ways to do this without going low cal.
I'm not talking going low cal.

I still don't get it. Let's imagine I need 2300 kcal per day.
I do two diet plans:
1. Starch + Fat
2. Sugar + Fat

In both of them I aim getting 2300 kcal.
But what you are saying is that even if I meet only 2300 kcal/day, in my Starch + Fat plan I will gain weight and in my Sugar + Fat I will maintain my weight or even lose it?

Jayfish

Well maybe since sugar has some big advantages over starch. But in a carb + fat diet you will probably gain weight either way. Fat will always be stored in the presence of carbs, protein is an important component for fat loss and metabolism.

That hasn't been my experience and the many starchivores that I know as well. We don't overeat because we eat to satiation and glucose is being burned every minute while some is going into glycogen storage. In order to store some of that glucose into fat would require that some of it be turned into triglycerides first which is an energy expensive task. As far as the added fat, I believe that it is easily deposited as fat droplets in adipose tissue directly and it's not a calorie thing. That is why your fat tissue is comprised of the type of fat you eat. If you eat a lot of fish, your tissue will have a lot of omega 3's. If you eat a lot of trans fat, you're tissue will have trans fat, eat pufa oil your tissue will be pufa etc. That is proof of fat going right into storage. The only exception would be coconut fat in a certain context. But I found that it is only certain coconut products that do not have a fat storage effect. It may be because certain processing destroys the MCT burn quick effect. Muscle can take up free saturated fatty acids or ones that are bound to albumin but as I've said for me, the butter I eat is the butter I wear on my tummy. It doesn't get burned off by my muscles. If that doesn't happen to everyone then thats great for them but it's not for me. Too much butter can also cause blood sugar problems for me as well. It's not a metabolism thing for me because keeping butter/dairy fat very low causes fat loss for me and thats also not because of net lower calories because I'm actually eating more calories from the starch. It's a fat thing, not a calorie thing. I posit that there is something going on with enzymes where some people do better with higher fat intake and some better with lower fat intake. Some studies on it would be good but they would have to be done right, in a controlled setting.

Ukall

But in a carb + fat diet you will probably gain weight either way
I was doing a Carbs + Fat diet and in the days I ate more Carbs, I ate less Fat. And in the days I ate less Carbs, I ate more Fat. The thing is that I never eat more than my energy needs, so I didn't gain weight. I could even manage to lose some if I wanted. But now that I am writing this, I think I understood what you said. Yes, I could manage to lose some pounds, but I would have to eat less. Eating only sugar I can eat the same calories and not gain weight. I think I got it now :shy:
That hasn't been my experience and the many starchivores that I know as well. We don't overeat because we eat to satiation and glucose is being burned every minute while some is going into glycogen storage. In order to store some of that glucose into fat would require that some of it be turned into triglycerides first which is an energy expensive task. As far as the added fat, I believe that it is easily deposited as fat droplets in adipose tissue directly and it's not a calorie thing.
I think that is true. Basically, since you are giving fat at the same time, that energy expensive task must be easier for the body than producing its own triglycerides. Actually, the energy expenditure for that process may be less also (?)
That is why your fat tissue is comprised of the type of fat you eat. If you eat a lot of fish, your tissue will have a lot of omega 3's. If you eat a lot of trans fat, you're tissue will have trans fat, eat pufa oil your tissue will be pufa etc. That is proof of fat going right into storage.
The same mechanism goes for beta carotenes I guess. But this process is continuously re occuring, isnt it? This is, if I maintain my weight for a long period of time, do my fat tissues get renewed?
The only exception would be coconut fat in a certain context. But I found that it is only certain coconut products that do not have a fat storage effect. It may be because certain processing destroys the MCT burn quick effect.
the butter I eat is the butter I wear on my tummy
Sometimes I wonder about that regarding CO. Coconut oil easily gets solid in low temperatures. Imagining that I have fat storage from coconut oil, makes me thinking that in cold weathers my fat will turn solid, lol.

tara

Coconut oil easily gets solid in low temperatures. Imagining that I have fat storage from coconut oil, makes me thinking that in cold weathers my fat will turn solid, lol.
Around 27C.
Coldwater fish need PUFA for this reason.
Stock unprotected in cold climate will have less-saturated fat in the extremities/closer to the skin. Peat refers to studies showing this, and my observations of soup bones tend to fit with this.
Wouldn't surprise me if this happens in humans too - that our desaturases get going on the fat in extremities when they are cold too much. Maybe this is one of disadvantages of letting feet stay cold too much.

lindsay

You call that cheese?

I guess I should say, like and Babyel being cheese are relative terms. Light Babyel cheese is decent protein. I buy them for busy work days because they can be taken with me and eaten easily and I don't need to enjoy them :) Just eat and keep going. But really, I like real cheese - none of this light nonsense. Give me a full fat gouda, goat cheese, cheddar or any good cheese and I am much more happy :) I even love good farmer's cheese with honey - amazing! Such a good food, cheese is.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals