Think I may have vitamin D toxicity

Jimmerz

Hey all, think I may have vitamin D toxicity, as even a glass of milk seems to "fry" my skin overnight. I can get all the dead/dry
skin off myself and by the following day it's dry as hell again and I can rub at an area and the skin will roll up. In addition to this the deeper tissue is burning, and my lower legs are extremely bad. The hair follicles are all dead below the knees and the front of my shins (anterior tibialis) are discolored and extremely painful. I'm currently hypothyroid due to diet (no appetite) so I probably shouldn't have been taking supplements.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this skin issue from dairy products. I literally feel like my body is dying starting from the extremities and working towards my torso.

Dr. B

Hey all, think I may have vitamin D toxicity, as even a glass of milk seems to "fry" my skin overnight. I can get all the dead/dry
skin off myself and by the following day it's dry as hell again and I can rub at an area and the skin will roll up. In addition to this the deeper tissue is burning, and my lower legs are extremely bad. The hair follicles are all dead below the knees and the front of my shins (anterior tibialis) are discolored and extremely painful. I'm currently hypothyroid due to diet (no appetite) so I probably shouldn't have been taking supplements.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this skin issue from dairy products. I literally feel like my body is dying starting from the extremities and working towards my torso.
what kind of milk is it? how do you know its the vitamin D3 doing it, if it happens from milk? milk has lots of potential issues. have you tried other calcium foods?
those symptoms seem odd for a calcium/vitamin d excess?
the appetite loss would be a result/consequence of the hypothyroidism, it in itself is not the cause, the cause is something else youd have to search for... xrays... pufa... fluoride... vaccines... too much iodine or supplements of it... possibly too little protein im not sure...

OP
J

Jimmerz

Guess I should have elaborated more. The same thing happened over night a few weeks ago when I took a 5000 iu vitamin d capsule only worse. It actually turned skin on my arm so dark it looked like dirt. The last few days though was the first I'd noticed it just from drinking milk (although it was on a slightly lesser scale.) It's just weird, it's like my skin isn't producing any oils whatsoever except on torso, neck, face. If I lay off the milk skins still on the dry side, but I'm not ready to shed like a boa constrictor every 24 hours. No idea about other dairy products, as I don't consume any others. Other food items can pretty much be ruled out, as my diet for the last 3 days consisted of a McDonald's cheeseburger on Sunday, about 6 baby carrots with ranch dressing on Monday, and the same today (or yesterday I guess now),_with the exception of really splurging and having a granola bar as well. Also for beverages, 3-4 fans of Coke a day on average. I don't know what's going on in my body right now but it's definitely not good. It's either the vitamin D or the calcium doing this.

Last edited:

Dr. B

Guess I should have elaborated more. The same thing happened over night a few weeks ago when I took a 5000 iu vitamin d capsule only worse. It actually turned skin on my arm so dark it looked like dirt. The last few days though was the first I'd noticed it just from drinking milk (although it was on a slightly lesser scale.) It's just weird, it's like my skin isn't producing any oils whatsoever except on torso, neck, face. If I lay off the milk skins still on the dry side, but I'm not ready to shed like a boa constrictor every 24 hours. No idea about other dairy products, as I don't consume any others. Other food items can pretty much be ruled out, as my diet for the last 3 days consisted of a McDonald's cheeseburger on Sunday, about 6 baby carrots with ranch dressing on Monday, and the same today (or yesterday I guess now),_with the exception of really splurging and having a granola bar as well. Also for beverages, 3-4 fans of Coke a day on average. I don't know what's going on in my body right now but it's definitely not good. It's either the vitamin D or the calcium doing this.
strange, whats the brand and ingredients of the vitamin D3?
what about the milk?
youve confirmed its the vitamin d3, not the milk?

OP
J

Jimmerz

strange, whats the brand and ingredients of the vitamin D3?
what about the milk?
youve confirmed its the vitamin d3, not the milk?
It's that cheap ***t from Wal-Mart "Nature's Bounty" 5,000 iu of vitamin d . The milk is just whole fat milk from the local grocery store.

Something I noticed today, checked my temperature upon waking and it was 96.8 degrees Farenheit. Later in the day after eating a few pieces of pizza and a handful of Hershey kisses milk chocolate, along with 3-4 fans of Coke throughout the day, my body temp. seemed to have risen dramatically, and this dry skin "sloughed" off of my torso quite easily as my skin became somewhat sweaty. My lower arms and lower legs however there was no "improvement" or change. This is all very odd , not sure wtf is going on, but there's something sinister at work here.

rei

It's that cheap ***t from Wal-Mart "Nature's Bounty" 5,000 iu of vitamin d . The milk is just whole fat milk from the local grocery store.

Something I noticed today, checked my temperature upon waking and it was 96.8 degrees Farenheit. Later in the day after eating a few pieces of pizza and a handful of Hershey kisses milk chocolate, along with 3-4 fans of Coke throughout the day, my body temp. seemed to have risen dramatically, and this dry skin "sloughed" off of my torso quite easily as my skin became somewhat sweaty. My lower arms and lower legs however there was no "improvement" or change. This is all very odd , not sure wtf is going on, but there's something sinister at work here.
get tested and be making medical history, documented vitamin d toxicity starts at 100x larger doses or 10x larger taken for weeks or months daily.

Lay off the coke and try to eat more normally. Take a quality multivitamin to make sure you are not in some deficiency.

Dr. B

get tested and be making medical history, documented vitamin d toxicity starts at 100x larger doses or 10x larger taken for weeks or months daily.

Lay off the coke and try to eat more normally. Take a quality multivitamin to make sure you are not in some deficiency.
what multivitamin mate? i havent found any good ones... isnt there risks they cause more deficiencies

rei

There is always risks, but so is there when you have mysterious symptoms. The best one i can get cheaply and found good is LE 2 per day capsules. Taken 1 per day makes it very cheap, safer, and still there is enough of most vitamins when used with a normal diet. Seems to be very highly rated product everywhere.

Dr. B

There is always risks, but so is there when you have mysterious symptoms. The best one i can get cheaply and found good is LE 2 per day capsules. Taken 1 per day makes it very cheap, safer, and still there is enough of most vitamins. Seems to be very highly rated product everywhere.
doesnt it have massive doses of the b vitamins and boron? seems very dangerous mate... even b6 is high like 30mg?!

rei

yes. B6 is 75mg in original version and 20mg in european version.

Sadly original seems to have started being phased out from EU market so i must probably next time buy the milder version and then the half dosing might not work as well....

Dr. B

Dr. B

yes. B6 is 75mg in original version and 20mg in european version.

Sadly original seems to have started being phased out from EU market so i must probably next time buy the milder version and then the half dosing might not work as well....
you seen life extension mix?
seems better, 12 capsule serving size, look that one up.
it has a herbal mixture in it, but even so, if you look at it the dosages of vitamins minerals are much more ideal than that 2 a day one... dosages not as big

Blossom

Forum Supporter
any other good vitamins?
what happens when you take in supplemental beta carotene?
I’m just one of those people that can’t utilize beta carotene well even when taking thyroid. The main issue was that my cholesterol skyrocketed when I was eating it or getting it in supplements. I discovered that when I reduced my overall vitamin A intake from 2018-2020 and my total cholesterol went from over 260 down to 150. Amazoniac posted a study in the massive Vitamin A thread that explained my situation. Now I just get some Vitamin A from animal foods like eggs, cheese and butter and it stays around 175.
I found that particular multi while searching for a one without any vitamin A or beta carotene. It’s for people with sensitive guts/malabsorption. I had one mild, but lingering problem that bothered me after many years of working on my health and it was weak cracking fingernails. I experimented with many individual supplements for over a year but nothing helped. Within 2 weeks of starting it my weak cracked fingernails improved. It’s fairly high in iron though so certainly not for everyone. My last iron panel looked good so I’m just going to keep an eye on it.
When it comes to multi vitamin supplements I don’t think they are necessary or helpful for everyone but for people with chronic GI issues that have led them to long term restrictive diets to manage their symptoms they may be helpful for awhile. I suppose ultimately we all have to look at our own context and decide what to do.

rei

you seen life extension mix?
seems better, 12 capsule serving size, look that one up.
it has a herbal mixture in it, but even so, if you look at it the dosages of vitamins minerals are much more ideal than that 2 a day one... dosages not as big
i bought it once, no complaints except price so i never tried it again. I think it is more like a "meal replacement protocol" you use if you try to lose weight by just eating soup. Or elderly people that cannot eat enough, etc.

Dr. B

i bought it once, no complaints except price so i never tried it again. I think it is more like a "meal replacement protocol" you use if you try to lose weight by just eating soup. Or elderly people that cannot eat enough, etc.
the price is high, like $60 but its 360 capsules. you could easily do 1 a day, and get more than enough of all the b vitamins, along with even small amounts of the minerals, which is all thats needed, it should fill the gaps in and the rest of the minerals you can easily get from milk, OJ, coconut water, liver etc.
some of the herbs are concerning, but they seem to have a lot of pro glutathione herbs in it, like milk thistle, N acetyl cysteine, broccoli extract, plus the selenium, vitamin c etc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals