Recently Got Some Thyroid Problems And Low Vitamin D

AMfi

hi all!
I have been beyond tired recently, my skin has gotten really dry and I have experienced some hair loss. I went to the doctor and got some blood test taken; my doctor said the thyroid values were still within the limits though close to the limits of hypothyroidism. My vitamin D level was really low, just 23. I wish to find a solution from diet change and I got pretty excited about the idea of red light treatment to help my thyroid to work right. My doctor just told me to eat vitamin D supplements and come again for tests in November.

I do not get enough of sun light as I live north to the Arctic circle and I usually work during day in summer, thus my D vitamin intake has to come from supplements and food. I'm a total newbie with the diet thing - I never really concentrated (nutrition wise) on what I have been eating but now I'm thinking this Ray Peat's diet could be something for me.

I'm looking forward to read posts in this forum and learning from you all :)

OP
AMfi

AMfi

Many people are able to raise vitamin D levels pretty easily with a supplement. Ray usually recommends vitamin D levels around 50. Here is a recent radio interview he did on the topic: Vitamin D - KMUD, 2016-11-18

Thank you, I'll listen to that. Now at the beginning I was thinking a daily dose as high as 100 mcg (=4000 I.U.) I think it is fine for a month or two now that I have such a low level. And after the levels are checked again, I will know how to adjust: I hope the levels we go up!

OP
AMfi

AMfi

oh, according to the interview, it seems I could take as much as 10000 IU a day. :-o
And that I need to be sure to get enough of calcium as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals