The evolutionary importance of hair and why brushing/combing is detrimental to your health

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Have you considered why mammals have hair and reptiles and amphibians don't?
Yes - so I do think that hair does serve a unique purpose in mammals as insulation and I do agree with that view that Ray expresses but I also do want to explore the possibility of hair serving other purposes that are advantageous for metabolism

Cloudhands

i have a curly afro, people always want to touch it. something i noticed when i was younger was that when people i wanted to touch it touched it, i would feel happy and good and even get shivers of pleasure down my spine, when someone i didnt want to touch it or if someone touched it without telling me they were about to my face would flush red and i would get teary eyed and very angry and defensive. when i was little (im jewish and males dont cut our hair traditionally until we are 4) i flipped a ***t and ran and hid when it was time to cut. My mom was very open minded and never made me cut it, and i never did until i was 13. My hair was blonde my whole life, as soon as i cut it the remaining hair turned red and my hair is now red. After my hair was cut my personality changed DRASTICALLY (like as soon as it was cut off at the salon) i lost all ability to focus in school and my behavior became crazy. could be because a huge chunk of my identity was severed from me (i was the kid with long hair who never had a haircut) but i dont know.

tastyfood

Overbrushing hair can become compulsive behavior. Also, if you brush heavily and have long-ish hair, it will be pulled out. Look at the brushes of women with long hair.

I am trying to brush my hair less but I'm struggling to make hair look nice without combing.

@JamesGatz: Any recommendations on how to keep hair groomed and looking good with minimal/gentle brushing? When one wakes up in the morning, the hair looks awful haha. If I don't wash or brush, not sure what helps. I have 6 months of growth on my hair now, and have started using hair bands more. My gf didn't hate the hair band look today when I tried.

tastyfood

This is not a schizo thread.
Wooden combs are preferred because plastic combs generate a lot of static electricity.
The electric charge is probably what causes hair grooming syncope by interrupting certain brain circuits.
It’s been reported with trimmers and blow dryers as well, both of which generate powerful electric and electromagnetic fields. Especially blow dryers are notorious for that.
On the other hand the static electricity build up also gives volume to the hair.

+1. Hair dryers are great for styling but I always wondered at what cost. Nothing makes my hair look better than a good hair dryer in the short term, but after a couple of days I have to do it all over again.

Nfinkelstein

I never thought I would contribute to a James Gatz thread but here it is.

I can tell you definitively that I have not combed or brushed my hair more than a small number of times in the past several years. I don't really like combing or brushing my hair. I never knew why but now, after reading James Gatz, I am beginning to wonder if he is onto something.

And btw my hair looks pretty good anyways, without brushing or combing.

souperhuman

perhaps hair has something to do with oxidative phosphorylation and electron transport chain. One of the results of this are the reactive oxygen species produced by electrons that "leak" off with some probability and form the dreaded ROS. Hair seems to have the ability to store static charge, and can even be conductive under the right conditions. In key areas of the body, notably the head, hair is abundant and can grow long.
From personal experience and I am sure many have similar experience, my hair is always flat or even tangled when I wake up in the morning, the point when my heart rate and metabolism is at its lowest. After breakfast and coffee it will look a bit better. However, the largest improvements of hair quality are after being outside in the sun an wind, or even a light rain. I do not experience the same effect by any degree by physical activity indoors.
Hair has several functions, but I am guessing one of them is to store the excess charge that would otherwise have reacted into the ROS. Besides storing the excess charge, it could also be able to dissipate it through friction with the wind or from solar radiation. By walking around outside, even with minimal physical exertion, the excess electrons are shed and you are spared from oxidative stress.

1644902126766.png

Under this paradigm, long hair would require more energy to look "good" = untangled, not too greasy, lays down. A hypothyroid person would probably not be able to support long hair, and attempts to make it look good by combing or applying chemicals would be largely unproductive. This makes sense, as long hair is a symbol of beauty in most cultures and across the animal kingdom is indicative of health. However, I am sure we have all seen people with long hair that looks greasy and gross, and I would guess that their metabolism is unable to support their hair length. Also, cutting hair during mourning (extreme stress) is common in many cultures.

In short, hair might act like a radiator of a car, but instead of dissipating heat it dissipates electrons that would have otherwise produced excess ROS. Longer and denser hair has more surface area, and is able to radiate more.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
Yes - so I do think that hair does serve a unique purpose in mammals as insulation and I do agree with that view that Ray expresses but I also do want to explore the possibility of hair serving other purposes that are advantageous for metabolism
Some thoughts (personal experience): Hair color, hair growth patterns, and being straight / wavy / curly / kinky, fast-growing, slow growing, etc. all seem to be hormone related and I think also, age-related. Of course, humidity is a factor.

The less I mess with my hair the better, and I am even "tender-headed" (old term) to myself meaning I can even inadvertently pull my own hair and it hurt. Hair stylists used to try to force my hair into "straight hair haircuts" with blow-dryers and products (which was extremely unsettling and nerve-wracking -- oh what one used to do to have Workplace Hair look "acceptable"!) and it looked "good" for about 30 minutes after I would leave the salon then revert back to its real nature. A lot of hair would be lost during the process of all that "processing" and I would notice there would be NONE for a while after the salon visit (my poor follicles were in some kind of shock, I used to surmise, and "held onto their own" to recoup their vitality.)

Using hair products and hair-styling equipment are very disruptive to me on many levels so over the decades I've resorted to a wash-and-wear hairstyle and don't use products or blowers/diffusers/curling irons/flatirons and don't even own any of that equipment. (EMF is a concern too.) I do find the large-tooth wooden comb a great item for static reduction. (Static is a big issue in my case especially in times of low humidity.)

I personally started out very dark brown/black-haired, straight hair, in a typical infant type thing perhaps, then all hair promptly fell out due to jaundice, grew back as kind of honey-colored and extremely curly (mixed kind of thing with ringlets, kinky, wavy all in there). At age four with no haircuts yet, it was waist-length when stretched out (wet I mean). After my mother set in cutting my hair and my 2 younger sisters' hair (more to save money than it being a skill or interest of hers) it progressed to being chestnut brown and straight.

Since that time, depending on my age, climate I was in (living in the less humid areas it did get "straighter") and hormone situation, it's been light brown, darker brown, sometimes frosty silver at the edges (which changes back to brown at times), straight, wavy, and curly. It has gotten MUCH curlier and darker since I discovered Peat thinking and have been working on my lifelong hypothyroidism.

On the insulation topic: it very nicely keeps my ears warm which are perpetually cold even in the hottest weather. Doesn't have to be very long to do that either.

I believe that hair is an electrical antenna mechanism aiding sensing (enhancing the perceptions let's say). Not to get too "woo-woo" here, but I have found over the decades that if you focus on detecting a single hair's whereabouts while you are doing some "grooming" and one is "shed" (comes out) it is possible to feel it land on the shoulders and the skin can tell if it's curly or straight or really kinky (my hairs are still a mixed lot, but the majority are NOT straight anymore) so I can really tell if it's a heavy flat straight hair versus a thinner lighter super-kinky one.

Of course, my husband jokes that this writeup points out how nutty I am, but I appreciate @JamesGatz bringing up such an interesting topic for our discussion here! By the way my pic is fairly recently taken and when I get around to it, I will do a more current one since that is about a year old -- however I have still got the same hair style now, and it's darker and curlier now. (Not one to like dealing with "selfies" or whatever the term is, or cellphone cameras.)

SamYo123

Someone said it on here b4 hair acts as a feedback mechanism to avoid smacking ur head

-Luke-

I've been cutting my own hair for more than a decade now.
Positive side effect: I probably saved 1000+ Euros for the hairdresser.

tastyfood

Some thoughts (personal experience): Hair color, hair growth patterns, and being straight / wavy / curly / kinky, fast-growing, slow growing, etc. all seem to be hormone related and I think also, age-related. Of course, humidity is a factor.

The less I mess with my hair the better, and I am even "tender-headed" (old term) to myself meaning I can even inadvertently pull my own hair and it hurt. Hair stylists used to try to force my hair into "straight hair haircuts" with blow-dryers and products (which was extremely unsettling and nerve-wracking -- oh what one used to do to have Workplace Hair look "acceptable"!) and it looked "good" for about 30 minutes after I would leave the salon then revert back to its real nature. A lot of hair would be lost during the process of all that "processing" and I would notice there would be NONE for a while after the salon visit (my poor follicles were in some kind of shock, I used to surmise, and "held onto their own" to recoup their vitality.)

Using hair products and hair-styling equipment are very disruptive to me on many levels so over the decades I've resorted to a wash-and-wear hairstyle and don't use products or blowers/diffusers/curling irons/flatirons and don't even own any of that equipment. (EMF is a concern too.) I do find the large-tooth wooden comb a great item for static reduction. (Static is a big issue in my case especially in times of low humidity.)

I personally started out very dark brown/black-haired, straight hair, in a typical infant type thing perhaps, then all hair promptly fell out due to jaundice, grew back as kind of honey-colored and extremely curly (mixed kind of thing with ringlets, kinky, wavy all in there). At age four with no haircuts yet, it was waist-length when stretched out (wet I mean). After my mother set in cutting my hair and my 2 younger sisters' hair (more to save money than it being a skill or interest of hers) it progressed to being chestnut brown and straight.

Since that time, depending on my age, climate I was in (living in the less humid areas it did get "straighter") and hormone situation, it's been light brown, darker brown, sometimes frosty silver at the edges (which changes back to brown at times), straight, wavy, and curly. It has gotten MUCH curlier and darker since I discovered Peat thinking and have been working on my lifelong hypothyroidism.

On the insulation topic: it very nicely keeps my ears warm which are perpetually cold even in the hottest weather. Doesn't have to be very long to do that either.

I believe that hair is an electrical antenna mechanism aiding sensing (enhancing the perceptions let's say). Not to get too "woo-woo" here, but I have found over the decades that if you focus on detecting a single hair's whereabouts while you are doing some "grooming" and one is "shed" (comes out) it is possible to feel it land on the shoulders and the skin can tell if it's curly or straight or really kinky (my hairs are still a mixed lot, but the majority are NOT straight anymore) so I can really tell if it's a heavy flat straight hair versus a thinner lighter super-kinky one.

Of course, my husband jokes that this writeup points out how nutty I am, but I appreciate @JamesGatz bringing up such an interesting topic for our discussion here! By the way my pic is fairly recently taken and when I get around to it, I will do a more current one since that is about a year old -- however I have still got the same hair style now, and it's darker and curlier now. (Not one to like dealing with "selfies" or whatever the term is, or cellphone cameras.)

Climate makes a HUGE difference in hair. The differences I notice in hair between California and Southern Europe are immense. I try not to judge the state of my hair until I spend holidays in Europe, where humidity is higher and my hair gets its natural volume

The water from the shower is another huge factor.

I was introduced to the Hair Grooming Syncope by users on another thread I made and also to the face that bothering the scalp (massaging, brushing, combing, etc) increases serotonin:

its a phenomenon where people faint, have migraines, have seizures while having their hair groomed:

"The hair follicle is almost completely embedded in a blood sinus and equipped with more than 2,000 sensory nerve endings."

The sensory nerve endings near the skin surface conduct signals to relay neurons in the dorsal root ganglia and then into the spinal cord where they course upward to relay neurons in the thalamus that terminate on sensory neurons in the primary somatosensory region of the cerebral cortex."

View attachment 33532

From my own experimentation with different combs and brushes - the effect is very serotonergic and induces hair loss in itself - the girl in this video is a good example

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abfZJAc-NM4&ab_channel=ASMRPsychetruth

If you notice her hair gets very brittle and flat. she looks stressed and disturbed towards the beginning of the video when the hair brushing picks up

This begs the question - clearly disturbing the hair follicles nerve endings in general (but especially with a brush/comb/scalp message) is very serotonergic - what is the evolutionary reason for the scalp sending serotonergic signals when hair is disturbed?

From what I've read on the forum it seems that Ray seems to believe that hair serves as insulation for the brain - which I completely agree with, I think insulation for the brain is important for ideal metabolic health.

But there are even more reasons why I think it is especially important:

- It is an electrical conductor

- It acts as a sixth sense - the sensory nerve endings in the hair follicle can detect movement of the hair, in a way having longer hair is like having the spider sense in spiderman

View attachment 33550

In other words, in the wild if an animal sneaks up on another animal from the right and they don't hear it but the hair of the animal is ever so slightly disturbed in the right direction (if the hair moves at all - the nerves in the hair follicle react and send serotonin signals to the brain - the survival hormone)

-the animal will sense the animal sneaking up from the right without necessarily hearing it

- so then it seems when people say our hair is antennae - in the quiet literal sense it does detect movement and is a survival mechanism

By combing/brushing/scalp messaging - messing with your hair and scalp in any way - you are sending your body straight to survival mode and serotonin shooting up

I believe brushing/combing the hair can induce hair loss by itself by that serotonergic increase - I don't think these hair grooming activities are natural and should be avoided

Given the importance of hair and how bothering the hair/scalp has nerve endings send serotonin I think it is best for both men and women to:

- Have longer hair in general
(for both men and women)

- have hair tied - because if your hair is loose and moving around and being touched - your sensory nerve endings are sending serotonin to the brain -

I do think tying the hair or having the hair stationery does keep serotonin low for women and men with longer hair

Contrary to what your title says, I will have to disagree. Having my hair brushed and played with has to be one of the best, most relaxing and feel good experiences you can have. I personally think it’s calming and not stressful at all. It’s like being pet….. like a cat. Cat’s, animals, love to be pet and stroked. It’s the same thing with hair. It makes you purr you could say lol. The only time I think it would be stressful is when someone has a really tight hairstyle, like the photo of the woman with corn rows. I would think that would give you a massive headache having your hair, which is really sensitive, twisted into tight knots. Ouch. Long slow brushing is the best. I actually would pay someone to brush my hair haha..

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

@JamesGatz: Any recommendations on how to keep hair groomed and looking good with minimal/gentle brushing? When one wakes up in the morning, the hair looks awful haha. If I don't wash or brush, not sure what helps. I have 6 months of growth on my hair now, and have started using hair bands more. My gf didn't hate the hair band look today when I tried.
Yea so I believe that as long as metabolism is kept high, hair really looks after itself - When serotonin is high, I find that hair and skin both get oily and I think for skin its probably related to excess sebum production - giving off the oily shiny look but I think this is what ultimately causes the greasiness of hair,

For women I notice they can go multiple days or even I've seen a week without washing their hair and they still won't stink and their hair will still look fine - although this goes against what is accepted

I do believe hair is easier to take care of when it is long - because I do believe more length is beneficial for metabolism and ultimately metabolism takes are of its health

For men I think the issue is that since men tend to be in poorer health - their hair is greasy a lot when growing it out - because we have not reached an ideal stage yet that women have with long hair that would be very metabolism supporting

I think that serotonin and estradiol both ruin the texture of the hair - for the sleep part you mentioned - I think people wake up with bad hair because our metabolism is low when we wake up and because nearly every mattress or pillow filling on the market is polyester-estradiol promoting

The headband part you mentioned I believe does make a difference as I do believe hats/headbands both reduce serotonin - I find that if I wear a hoodie or a wool hat or even a cap and stay low stress I can go quiet a few days without a shower without smelling. I do believe that if you experiment more with the headband and headwear look until your hair grows longer that you will notice the texture of the hair will continue to improve

Contrary to what your title says, I will have to disagree. Having my hair brushed and played with has to be one of the best, most relaxing and feel good experiences you can have. I personally think it’s calming and not stressful at all. It’s like being pet….. like a cat. Cat’s, animals, love to be pet and stroked. It’s the same thing with hair. It makes you purr you could say lol. The only time I think it would be stressful is when someone has a really tight hairstyle, like the photo of the woman with corn rows. I would think that would give you a massive headache having your hair, which is really sensitive, twisted into tight knots. Ouch. Long slow brushing is the best. I actually would pay someone to brush my hair haha..
Some cats and dogs may like getting pet but if you take a comb to their back or use your nails to lightly scratch their fur - it seems to me they don't enjoy it. Dogs I worked with actually got aggressive if you took a comb or brush to their back - I would also notice their spine "Tenses" up as soon as it started which seems to check out with human hair too - the nerves at the end of the hair follicles relay signals to the spine that reaches the brain when they are disturbed.

I notice the same effects in girls that I do for dogs - when I see them getting their scalp scratched or combed I notice their back tenses up the same way - almost like a shutter effect.

I believe some girls think they like being combed because they get horny from it due to serotonergic increase -

it's like how people say they feel "Free" with no hair - short hair does make you feel more energized but I do believe it is because your body is running more on serotonin as I do believe longer hair will typically make you lower stress and the perception of being lazier when in reality you are just running more on thyroid

animalcule

Agreed. Many women love going to salon's just for the head massage they get when their hair is washed. I personally find it sort of awkward, because it seems like a very intimate thing for a stranger to be doing, but that's just me. It puts e on alert not because it feels bad, but because it *is* relaxing, but it's being done by a stranger in an open space and I'm fighting against the relaxation. Scalps are very sensitive, and the context in which they are being touched matters.

tfcjesse

Your theory seems based off your perception of strangers on YouTube being filmed while getting their hair/scalp touched. Serotonin shine? lol it sounds like autism

The hormonal points you make are more valid. Wearing cap most likely does decrease serotonin…and better metabolic health means healthier hair… but brushing hair and massaging scalp encourages hair loss? Nah

tastyfood

nearly every mattress or pillow filling on the market is polyester-estradiol promoting

I am doing a thorough review of the pillow fillings and covers I have now. The pillow is something I can easily change because my partner and I use different ones.

wool hat or even a cap and stay low stress I can go quiet a few days without a shower without smelling

Do you have any wool hat product recommendations? It's so hard to find one that is 100% wool. They are all mixed with acrylic, rayon, polyester...

tastyfood

Agreed. Many women love going to salon's just for the head massage they get when their hair is washed. I personally find it sort of awkward, because it seems like a very intimate thing for a stranger to be doing, but that's just me. It puts e on alert not because it feels bad, but because it *is* relaxing, but it's being done by a stranger in an open space and I'm fighting against the relaxation. Scalps are very sensitive, and the context in which they are being touched matters.

This massage is normally pretty good if done by a good professional, but they use way too much shampoo to my taste haha.

animalcule

I think it's better to do this quick experiment:

Let's see if a video exists on the internet of a girl getting her hair combed, massaged or her hair done that doesn't look stressed out.

This is what I find when I go on YouTube to find it:

A compilation of kids wincing and stressing from a scalp massager:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu0bqUcEVHM&t=59s&ab_channel=BaseThings

This girl crying during a haircut when it barely starts:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr5wCQGSvBc&ab_channel=HAIRASMRCEYHUN

Even in the video I posted - you can see how watery the girls eyes are in the first 30 seconds of the video - she looks as if she will burst into tears:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abfZJAc-NM4&ab_channel=ASMRPsychetruth

This girl literally crying when getting cornrows at 4:51:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDabC-zZJXA&ab_channel=Charles%26AlyssaForever

I cannot find a single video on the internet let alone YouTube that shows anything other than a stressed reaction:

I think if every instance we see of someone getting their hair/scalp messed with demonstrates a serotonergic/stressed reaction -
Should we still believe those studies? Because studies also say finasteride is safe and effective

Heres something I have even better

It seems generally accepted to people on this forum that girls dont experience hair loss compared to guys because of increased progesterone -

Lets look at girls before and after getting their haitcut - in every instance I can find on the internet with girls wearing the same clothes
- girls look significantly less healthy after they get their haircut

Their hair while short looks noticeably a lot less thick than the before photo without exception and you can even see a significant difference in their bone definition and structure - After they get their haircut they look about as healthy as your average boy

It seems to be based on what I can see with my own eyes -

that girls longer hair seems to be extremely advantageous in their health over boys

I do that the majority of men would experience better metabolism/health and hair in general if they:

A) avoided messing with it

B) Let it grew out

View attachment 33568

View attachment 33569
View attachment 33571

Those kids aren't wincing in pain and stressing from the scalp massager -- they're shivering or shuddering from an abrupt sensation on their delicate scalps. One of the girls even says it feels good. It's a pleasurable sensation if you know what's coming and you're comfortable with it being done.

And that girl isn't crying bc the haircut is causing her physical distress. She's obviously very emotionally attached to her hair, and is sad to see it go. Come on.

As for the cornrows vid, I didn't watch the whole thing, but I had them put in my hair when I was a kid and yea, it HURTS. Because the hair is being pulled very, very tightly to get the braids to sit very close to the scalp. It is not pleasant. How is this at all relevant to someone brushing their hair?

The scalp is very sensitive. I have waist length hair and I've kept it long for almost my entire adult life. I don't have a special routine for brushing it, but I brush it whenever I have to put it up in a bun/ponytail and I want it to lay smoothly. I only wash my hair every 3-4 days now, and I don't always brush it daily, sometimes using my fingers is enough. But brushing it briefly once a day has never, ever affected my hair thickness. In fact, I am starting to get into the habit of daily scalp stimulation (with my fingers and rosemary and castor oil) to see if that has any effect on hair growth. Combined with a daily pre-natal multivitamin, I definitely see my hairline getting thicker, with new little baby hairs appearing. This is consistent with most hair growth advice -- stimulate your scalp, increase blood flow to your scalp.

The only thing that has ever led to noticeable hair loss has been rapid weight loss/long term calorie restriction. Normal, light brushing it totally fine, and almost necessary if you have hair of a certain length.

animalcule

These god damn schitzo posts on this forum sometimes.

Have you ever had someone gently play with your hair? It feels amazing. People who brush their hair or concern over their hair too much already had hair issues to begin with, which is why they are fixated on it and obsessive.

"If you notice her hair gets very brittle and flat. she looks stressed and disturbed towards the beginning of the video when the hair brushing picks up" - Do you even know what her diet is? What's her thyroid status and metabolism? This is such a schitzo post it's crazy.

To think brushing hair or touching hair leads to issues is ******* nuts, and I am pretty out-there to begin with.

Lay down, relax, and have someone gently play with your hair and run their hands through it, tickling you. It is one of the most relaxing things and likely hugely stress-reducing as well to do.
I wouldn't call it schitzo but I do agree it is one of the most silly posts I've read in a while ... I think when it comes to hair maintenance advice I'd trust the girls on youtube over guys on this forum lol.

Also, before everyone runs out to slap a cap on their heads, if you really want to be super careful about hair health, get a silk lined cap. Reduces friction and stress on the hair from having rough fabric rubbing against it all day. Advice courtesy of the millions of women who have been silk wrapping their hair for forever.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Your theory seems based off your perception of strangers on YouTube being filmed while getting their hair/scalp touched. Serotonin shine? lol it sounds like autism

The hormonal points you make are more valid. Wearing cap most likely does decrease serotonin…and better metabolic health means healthier hair… but brushing hair and massaging scalp encourages hair loss? Nah
And what theory would that be ?

That brushing hair causes stress that makes hair brittle/flat/serotonergic response?.

You say my theory is based off a few videos off of youtube - you can quiet literally search up any video on YouTube of a girl getting her hair bothered and examine the same response - in fact, you can even test it on your scalp like I did to confirm the response

Oh but the studies say that scalp massaging works right ?
So you're inclined to believe the studies when every real-world case says otherwise. The studies also say I should use minox, fin, castor oil, and all this other DHT-blocking trash to have nice hair - the hair loss industry is an utter joke from top to bottom - My DHT is the highest its ever been in my life and im a NW0 - so much of what they say makes no sense and even in this forum you will still find many different theories on what it is and nobody seems to know for sure - I see men doing the most only to continue to get worse or only to hang on to what they have left and yet they are still completely convinced what they are doing is correct. But the studies still have to be correct right ? Clearly, many of these studies have to be wrong or hair loss for men wouldn't be as bad as it is.

It's also worth noting that humans seem to be the only species that has men experience hair loss all over the place right ?

If we examine any other mammalian species in the wild they don't have an ounce of hair loss

but interestingly enough, if you take a chimpanzee in the wild and throw it in a zoo - it starts to go bald

But I'm sure the studies about massaging the chimpanzee will save its hair loss

Serotonin Shine sounds like autism -
alright let me make it easy for you and I'll let you in on a little secret that you may not have known from your studies

If serotonin increases sebum production and sebum production makes your skin appear more oily/greasy - how would it be autistic to say that serotonin makes your skin and scalp oily?

aniciete

And what theory would that be ?

That brushing hair causes stress that makes hair brittle/flat/serotonergic response?.

You say my theory is based off a few videos off of youtube - you can quiet literally search up any video on YouTube of a girl getting her hair bothered and examine the same response - in fact, you can even test it on your scalp like I did to confirm the response

Oh but the studies say that scalp massaging works right ?
So you're inclined to believe the studies when every real-world case says otherwise. The studies also say I should use minox, fin, castor oil, and all this other DHT-blocking trash to have nice hair - the hair loss industry is an utter joke from top to bottom - My DHT is the highest its ever been in my life and im a NW0 - so much of what they say makes no sense and even in this forum you will still find many different theories on what it is and nobody seems to know for sure - I see men doing the most only to continue to get worse or only to hang on to what they have left and yet they are still completely convinced what they are doing is correct. But the studies still have to be correct right ? Clearly, many of these studies have to be wrong or hair loss for men wouldn't be as bad as it is.

It's also worth noting that humans seem to be the only species that has men experience hair loss all over the place right ?

If we examine any other mammalian species in the wild they don't have an ounce of hair loss

but interestingly enough, if you take a chimpanzee in the wild and throw it in a zoo - it starts to go bald

But I'm sure the studies about massaging the chimpanzee will save its hair loss

Serotonin Shine sounds like autism -
alright let me make it easy for you and I'll let you in on a little secret that you may not have known from your studies

If serotonin increases sebum production and sebum production makes your skin appear more oily/greasy - how would it be autistic to say that serotonin makes your skin and scalp oily?
Serotonin increases sebum production? Whenever my serotonin is increased my skin feels dried out, but when androgens are high my skin/scalp has an oily appearance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals