The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

I love the way that people are so skeptical of establishment and institutions and yet display ZERO skeptism towards their various self selected 'gurus'. I don't take any man's word for anything, not even Ray Peat. If you have good evidence and logic I'll certainly entertain an idea even if it contradicts a belief I hadn't previously questioned. But no one has earned infallibility in my eyes yet.

No one should be viewed as a guru. The "my Health Guru/person Who Eats Like Me" Got Cancer Paradox

Last edited:
The Ray Peat Forum will lose all credibility if Durainrider finds out the Peatarians are flatearthers.

:crazy:

Any comment about Peat on 30bad or DR's YouTube or his social media is always deleted because he doesn't want his followers to see Peat because Peat thinks fruit is the best daily calorie source so they both agree on that but Peat isn't vegan so DR doesn't want people to see him. It's unique because DR can say anything about all of the low carbers and sugar phobes but he doesn't want to engage in Peat threads because the first dietary staple is agreed upon so it would make him look bad to his followers.

Simonsays

Ive twigged why Ray Peat is popular with a certain group of people , lets say "the conspirist tendency" .

I think they see him as "fellow traveller" anti medical "establishment" "pharma industry" "food industry" going against the grain of powerful vested interests. He is an individual fighting " the power systems" and this appeals to their anti authoritarian "seekers of truth " traits, who they can identify with.

But its really about is their own internal conflicts (from childhood) , which they are not prepared to confront.

Neurosis is the rule, not the exception’, and grasping this can help us to see that we are not alone. It is also the starting point for understanding what went wrong and learning that we have a choice: we can simply re-enact the past, or we can rewrite the script.
Oliver James, They F*** You Up: How To Survive Family Life

“How we react to our friends as well as who we pick as a lover, our abilities and interests at work, in fact almost everything about our psychology as an adult is continually reflecting our childhood in our day-to-day, moment-by-moment experience.”

Ive twigged why Ray Peat is popular with a certain group of people , lets say "the conspirist tendency" .

I think they see him as "fellow traveller" anti medical "establishment" "pharma industry" "food industry" going against the grain of powerful vested interests. He is an individual fighting " the power systems" and this appeals to their anti authoritarian "seekers of truth " traits, who they can identify with.

But its really about is their own internal conflicts (from childhood) , which they are not prepared to confront.

Neurosis is the rule, not the exception’, and grasping this can help us to see that we are not alone. It is also the starting point for understanding what went wrong and learning that we have a choice: we can simply re-enact the past, or we can rewrite the script.

“How we react to our friends as well as who we pick as a lover, our abilities and interests at work, in fact almost everything about our psychology as an adult is continually reflecting our childhood in our day-to-day, moment-by-moment experience.”

Does that go for the libertarian group as well?

Are you saying Ray Peat is neurotic?

It could just be that people get depressed, and its just a natural part of life, and not a disease state.

FYI I believe like peat that there are powerful groups of people who conspire in secret to gain more and protect their power to control our society, and I recognize most ppl think im crazy for thinking so. To me its crazy to not believe conspiracies are occurring, especially when accepted history is basically one conspiracy after another, but i guess if telling yourself a bunch of guys in caves carried out sept 11 helps you sleep at night, then don't let me stop you.

Of course there's all kinds of ***t happening behind the curtains in this world, but life ain't a disney movie where there are these 100% evil dudes and 100% good guys. I don't believe that the rulers of the world who potentially do these conspiracy things, are some power hungry crazy evil villains. They're people like you and me in some extremely stressful situations with lots of pressure doing hard decisions.

Of course there's all kinds of ***t happening behind the curtains in this world, but life ain't a disney movie where there are these 100% evil dudes and 100% good guys. I don't believe that the rulers of the world who potentially do these conspiracy things, are some power hungry crazy evil villains. They're people like you and me in some extremely stressful situations with lots of pressure doing hard decisions.
I agree, for all I know, the powers that be are benevolent for us, surely they think so, everyone thinks of themselves as benevolent.

"People aren’t either wicked or noble. They’re like chef’s salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict." Lemony Snicket

lol well guess who popularized the %100 good or bad concept...

Makrosky

Yes definitely there's a very big market to profit from making people believe all their problems stem from childhood. And a way to put yourself in the place of a victim. And to waste a vast ammount of time of your life trying to fix the past or questioning your parents instead of living life as it is. All to the profit of psychoanalists, gurus of many kinds, writters, bloggers, new age parrots and all kinds of people who never questioned the metaphor or the idea behind it. Oh! And of course the establishment who is very happy that you think your problems are private and familiar and should be resolved processing old traumas instead of trying to resolve global and social public stuff.

We are all neurotic but it's not because of family life. It's in the roots of our culture and socio-economic system.

Last edited:

XPlus

This guy is the reason the illuminati want most of the population destroyed, him,Tony Robbins and the hip hop preacher who offer such advice as not sleeping for 3 days because you have an opportunity to be successful, their is also an opportunity for a stroke from said behaviour.
"You have to want success as bad as you want to breath" ,a paradox?

This symbolises what'ts wrong with our world today.
I do want a 10 million dollar home, a garage full of cars, a cook, a driver, a maid and a dedicated team of courtesans but the reality is a much simpler life, in a society that is respectful of its people and the environment, where urbanisation is integrated with nature, where the food is good and the air is clean, where friends and family are always around, and there'd plenty of time to discover life, is much more fulfilling

Simonsays

Splitting diffuses the anxiety that arises from our inability to grasp the nuances and complexities of a given situation or state of affairs by simplifying and schematizing the situation and thereby making it easier to think about; it also reinforces our sense of self as good and virtuous by effectively demonizing all those who do not share in our opinions and values.

Jayfish

Notice how the flat earthers stopped posting after the first page? Mission accomplished.

We should have these threads deleted so it doesn't discredit the forum.

Tarmander

Notice how the flat earthers stopped posting after the first page? Mission accomplished.

We should have these threads deleted so it doesn't discredit the forum.

Like...you know this is all a joke right?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals