The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

XPlus

911 was a Saudi attack.
It is? - and I always thought Saudi is a good US ally.
Now I want my refundings.
hqdefault.jpg

T

tca300

I find most flat earth believers are Christains. I guess if the flat earth theory is true, then I will stop worrying about the coming solar minimum. My question is what wold be the purpose of lying about planets, space, earth's shape, travel and gravity? Who benefits from people believing these things. I quite like staring at the stars, I typically will catch a glimpse of a satellite moving across the sky, which is not compatible with flat earth theory. The phases of the moon fit nicely into the current theory of its revolution around the oblate spheroid shaped earth. With planes and boats I think that ice shelf that "surrounds" the edge of the flat disk earth would have been discovered. The earth continuously moving upward is supposedly the " real gravity " I think would create a downward wind, and would make it impossible for airplanes to fly at parallel to the ground. I don't want to be arrogant, but the majority of evidence in my opinion points towards a round earth, space model.

Mountain

This is something that I noticed about 6 months ago after I started seeing flat earth threads pushed on places all over the internet.

HzCLZrQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/HzCLZrQ.png

When I used to visit 4chan /pol/ it was common to find about 3 concurrent, low-post threads about the flat earth. That board was very prone to people posting detracting slide threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's been pushed for some reason (but hey conspiracy theories don't exist)

When I used to visit 4chan /pol/ it was common to find about 3 concurrent, low-post threads about the flat earth. That board was very prone to people posting detracting slide threads.

Haven't noticed them lately tbh. Maybe they all moved to /x/.

I'm pretty convinced it's a psyop, and some intelligence agency or media conglomerate is using it to mine data on how gulible people are. If you look at the videos on youtube where all this stems from, they use pseudo-hypnosis methods, they start with agreeable points to arrest people's mental guard and get them to think they are being let in on some well kept secret, while providing very little real evidence (the evidence that is provided is laughable lol). These jedi mind tricks only work on the weak-minded, the point being to see how many weak-minded are out there

Greg says

I've put an email together to finally settle this...

Dear Ray Peat,

Is the earth flat?

Regards,

The Ray Peat Forum.

pranarupa

Time zones?

Epicycles again?

What's underneath?

BastiFuntasty

Funnily I stumbled over the flat earth a few weeks ago, made some research, found it very interesting and authentic, but noticed a very bright increase of stress and worsening sleep.
So decided to let it be and made myself clear that for me, it would not change anything if earth was flat. It would be very interesting indeed to discover the new physics behind this scenario, but would it change anything in our lifes?

I don't think it's worth it to put energy in such a desperate debate.

Suikerbuik

Lol.... This really puts the RPF in discredit. Come up with real stuff like haidut does please.

Simonsays

The thing about conspiracists and people who feel really passionately about a subject, politics for example, is i find they tend to be angry frustrated people , sometimes openly but often suppressed.

I am sometimes guilty of it myself. (mine is the Kennedy assassination and the conspiracy of silence about those who did it and the belief that poor old patsy Lee Harvey is still believed to be the lone killer|!)) There, got that off my chest!!

You can develop an intolerance of others views.

There is a need to establish "the truth" as they see it. This is common trait in Borderline Personality Disorder.

Having said that the old adage " you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts " still applies.

Re; Big Bang Theory, is it loved by nerds or people laughing at nerds or both , does it matter, no, is it funny , not in my opinion, ill shut up now

Well CLEARLY bazinga is a deviated masonic invocation from Babylon.

XPlus

Conspiracy is the human psychodynamics at work.

It's when we successfully developed our large, secular, law-based civilization, where food is abundant and security is good, we started to forgot how difficult life can be. People can be bad **** and cunning.
We can learn a lot about psychology and politics by going through some history and even folktales (Cain and Abel, anyone?)
Anthropology is a fascinating field. It builds a critical understanding of life as it is (not as it should be according to theorists, theologists and propaganda machines)

People doing bad things for money and religious beliefs, among other things, is exactly why we have conspiracies.
A benign, spontaneous bad act might not be that evil but it's a manifestation of the dark structures built inside of us. It's a wolf, that if you feed, it grows to be the big thoughtfully-planned, long-term bad act.
Stealing money from your dad's wallet to buy some gum as a kid isn't much of a moral dilemma but those who develop pathological inclination towards theft end up giving us scandals like Enron, multi-million Bitcoin scams and the missing trillions from the US defense budget .

People in 3rd world countries, where there's little law and order, know conspiracies exist.
Politicians who got shot and activists who've been harassed by the authorities know conspiracies exist.
A kid who's bullied knows conspiracies exist.

Last edited:

Jayfish

Sure scams have been committed and assassinations have happened and there are even probably some government plots to subdue and dumb down the population (our school system, fluoridated water, etc). But come on, flat earth? NASA is just a multi billion doller photoshopping machine? This is beyond conspiracy, into outright cultish brainwashing.

Hundreds of people have been into orbit, millions have looked through powerful telescopes. Scientists much smarter than all of us know for a fact that the planet is round, as are all celestial bodies. Gravity is real.

People have theorized that the earth is round for over 1700 years..

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Last edited:

Ledo

Conspiracies...? Come on now guys, its just like the White house and President and news media and academia say, big money could never corrupt these stalwarts of moral authority, never ever ever.

O.K. Just a little pinprick. There'll be no more...ah! But you may feel a little sick. Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good. That'll keep you going through the show. Come on it's time to go.

XPlus

That wasn't intended to defend flat earth.
The theory sounds like something straight out of a comic book - but hey - never rule out the possibility.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals