The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

PeskyPeater

you're right, we can't blame them directly as physics can be very difficult for a layman. But you can imagine that when there is observation with optical equipment and even your own eyes, there will be some optical deception that can influence results. But then assuming that there is an absurd or extreme other explanation that is at odds with established science. Then you spit in the face of the hard-working scientists, and that makes them an ***hole

Attachments

• laser-768x768.jpg
    laser-768x768.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 25

Jonk

I am not doubting this is factual, but it doesn't say much about why the light would bend other than "atmospheric refraction can bend it". A simple google result says: "The cause of the refraction of light is that light travels at different speeds in different media.". The concept is very simple, and the question I still have is how does refraction happen when the light travels through practically the same media, e.g. over a frozen lake in winter? If the light came from stars it's easy to imagine the different media the light travels through. What would be the media the light is being refracted through in the frozen lake scenario? If the media is more or less constant this shouldn't happen? Please enlighten me someone

Quelsatron

Here is a simple one that not many talk about, but is easily to see for yourself:

Shine a light on any sphere. Try this with all forms of single light source and any spherical object at any distance. What you will always see is that there is a point on the sphere that reflects the most light, and that the edges reflect less light. There is a gradient of reflection and this is basic physics that light reflecting more directly will reflect more brightly.

Now they say the moon is a sphere reflecting the light of the sun. But it does not demonstrate this same principal that all other spheres that reflect light do.

There either must be some explanation for this (which I have not yet found), or at least one of the assumptions is incorrect. Either the moon is not a sphere (which makes a lot of sense because all we know for sure is that it is circular like a pizza and we only ever see one side, no one ever sees any other side, not even at different seasons or different locations on earth). Or the moon is not reflecting the light from the sun. Or both. There are clear difference between moonlight and sunlight for example the moonlight is literally cold while the sunlight is hot.
The moon isn't a small smooth object, it's a large rough object which means light reflects differently. It can more correctly be modeled like a swarm of semi-randomly oriented objects, since dust, rocks and terrain doesn't have an orientation following the position of the overall surface. If we mentally disintegrate the moon into a collection of this debris, we can see that each object would reflect sunlight roughly equally, except at the far border of twilight (due to objects blocking each other, like when you can see the shadows of a crater on the moons surface during twilight). This is called the Oren–Nayar reflectance model - Wikipedia

Quelsatron

I am not doubting this is factual, but it doesn't say much about why the light would bend other than "atmospheric refraction can bend it". A simple google result says: "The cause of the refraction of light is that light travels at different speeds in different media.". The concept is very simple, and the question I still have is how does refraction happen when the light travels through practically the same media, e.g. over a frozen lake in winter? If the light came from stars it's easy to imagine the different media the light travels through. What would be the media the light is being refracted through in the frozen lake scenario? If the media is more or less constant this shouldn't happen? Please enlighten me someone
Heat differences bend light. You can see a car in the mirage on hot asphalt, because the downwards light rays from the car are bent upwards when the hot asphalt is heating the air. Water cooling the adjacent air would cause the opposite refraction, bending light downwards.

Jonk

Heat differences bend light. You can see a car in the mirage on hot asphalt, because the downwards light rays from the car are bent upwards when the hot asphalt is heating the air. Water cooling the adjacent air would cause the opposite refraction, bending light downwards.
Thanks, that makes sense I guess, that the air right above the ice is colder even than the winter air a few feet above. So we would need to know this difference between the two to even begin some kind of calculation of the degrees of refraction and then how far this would allow the light to travel.

Jonk

I still don't understand though, how could light from a light source (if the experiment is honest and correct) 2.54 feet above the ice refract light over a bulge of 21 feet? Wouldn't the light simply bend down into the ice long before we are able to see it? The light from the first medium should enter the new colder medium fairly quickly, and that's where the refraction should take place?

InChristAlone

Stretching out a globe onto a flat surface has posed challenges and it may be the reason for weird flight patterns. This map seems a more accurate representation stretched out into a rectangle.
AG_01-638x479.gif

Also the map flat earthers use is actually a real map of the globe called

Azimuthal equidistant projection

800px-Azimuthal_equidistant_projection_SW.jpg

Australia gets stretched out because it's A GLOBE. There's no conspiracy, its a real map and the flat earthers are a psy-op using a real projection of the globe.

That's why this whole thing is laughable. I think @JamesGatz is a major troll of this forum, he is the one who started spamming the flat earth threads with nonsense.

JamesGatz

This comment is exactly why you are trolling. It says nothing.
It says I know SOMETHING - You want to deny the accuracy of my cards?

Did you even see the other cards I posted? I bet you didn't - I bet you believe in the Moon Landings and I bet you believe 9/11 was done by Al-Queda

If Antartica is just a chunk of ice -

WHY DO THE ELITES ALL FREQUENTLY MEET THERE ?

WHY WAS HITLER OBSESSED WITH ANTARTICA ?

Why did John D Rockefeller and the Rothschilds schedule MULTPLE expeditions to Antartica and have islands there named after them if its just a chunk of ice ?

You know nothing about that - keep drinking the Kool Aid

Quelsatron

I still don't understand though, how could light from a light source (if the experiment is honest and correct) 2.54 feet above the ice refract light over a bulge of 21 feet? Wouldn't the light simply bend down into the ice long before we are able to see it? The light from the first medium should enter the new colder medium fairly quickly, and that's where the refraction should take place?
Pretty sure it depends entirely on the temperatures, i assume higher temperature differences produce a sharper bend

PeskyPeater

Flat-Earth Laser Tests are Misleading
"A laser beam diverges and will not stay focused forever. With a beam divergence of 1 mRad, the laser will have a beam width of 10 m over 10 km. It means the observer at 10 km away in the middle of the beam can change their height by 5 m and still be able to see the direct laser beam."

Mr Skiba measured:
7.5 miles distance , 12 km
2.5 feet height , 0.7m

this means that the leveled laser beam close to the surface is actually diverging 10m or 32 feet higher up, this is going to bend downward and is like it is following the curve up to the observer. more here
All laser experiments beyond the immediate land-water horizon (about 3 - 5 miles) are invalid because of:
a) laser beam divergence / expansion
b) atmospheric refraction
c) atmospheric interference from all kinds of distortions

Any test beyond horizon 2 (as shown below) is subject to atmospheric distortions of many kinds. It's not possible to subtract those effects out:

temperature inversion
atmospheric ducting
atmospheric looming, sinking, towering & stooping
inferior mirage, superior mirage, and Fata Morgana
standard atmospheric refraction

There is no need for long distance laser experiments. Anyone can prove flatness or curvature within the first 5-km.

Observer height:
1-meter laser height to 3.6-km limit
2-meter laser height to 5.1-km limit
5-meter laser height to 8-km limit

Due to a normal temperature gradient found in the atmosphere, light rays are bent 1/5 or 1/6 the Earth’s curvature.

With a temperature inversion (increase or decrease) of 6.3o F per 100-feet, the curvature of a light ray is of the same order as the curvature of the Earth.

PeskyPeater

It says I know SOMETHING - You want to deny the accuracy of my cards?

Did you even see the other cards I posted? I bet you didn't - I bet you believe in the Moon Landings and I bet you believe 9/11 was done by Al-Queda

If Antartica is just a chunk of ice -

WHY DO THE ELITES ALL FREQUENTLY MEET THERE ?

WHY WAS HITLER OBSESSED WITH ANTARTICA ?

Why did John D Rockefeller and the Rothschilds schedule MULTPLE expeditions to Antartica and have islands there named after them if its just a chunk of ice ?

You know nothing about that - keep drinking the Kool Aid
you think you know something, something special that other don't, you have convinced yourself of this. This gives you a false sense of Superiority, you like that extraordinary point of view bc it makes you feel special, but it is an illusion.

Attachments

• predictive-programming-768x768.jpg
    predictive-programming-768x768.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 13

JamesGatz

you think you know something, bc you have convinced yourself of this. This gives you a false sense of Superiority, you like that extraordinary point of view bc it makes you feel special, but it is an illusion.
Is this a joke? Do you want me to start pulling out cards? I'm about to smoke all the PLEBS that think my cards aren't legit 🤣🤣🤣

the FLAT EARTH DEBUNKING website is run by INTELLIGENCE

GIVE ME 5 MINUTES IM ABOUT TO SMOKE THE PLEBS ONE SECOND

Jonk

Flat-Earth Laser Tests are Misleading
"A laser beam diverges and will not stay focused forever. With a beam divergence of 1 mRad, the laser will have a beam width of 10 m over 10 km. It means the observer at 10 km away in the middle of the beam can change their height by 5 m and still be able to see the direct laser beam."

Mr Skiba measured:
7.5 miles distance , 12 km
2.5 feet height , 0.7m

this means that the leveled laser beam close to the surface is actually diverging 10m or 32 feet higher up, this is going to bend downward and is like it is following the curve up to the observer. more here
Thanks, I've only skimmed through the page but seems like a lot of useful information. I imagined the refraction to basically have one point, but because of the several "layers" of difference in density (due to temperature) this allows the light to also continuously refract downwards with the increase in air density? Something along those lines?

InChristAlone

Is this a joke? Do you want me to start pulling out cards? I'm about to smoke all the PLEBS that think my cards aren't legit 🤣🤣🤣

They see me trollin', they hatin' ....................

PeskyPeater

Thanks, I've only skimmed through the page but seems like a lot of useful information. I imagined the refraction to basically have one point, but because of the several "layers" of difference in density (due to temperature) this allows the light to also continuously refract downwards with the increase in air density? Something along those lines?
yea that sound pretty good to me.

Quelsatron

You finally wore too many hats and your brain overheated

JamesGatz

you think you know something, something special that other don't, you have convinced yourself of this. This gives you a false sense of Superiority, you like that extraordinary point of view bc it makes you feel special, but it is an illusion.

They see me trollin', they hatin' ....................

KEEP IN MIND ALL THESE CARDS WERE CREATED IN 1980

I GIVE YOU 9/11

1BA8178F-AEA1-4FB3-854C-740CECC14B97.jpeg

I GIVE YOU THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC

D034AA10-2D2A-435A-8B27-BF0B9D35B7A3.jpeg

I GIVE YOU THE ENERGY/OIL CRISIS, JAN 6TH, AND THE CANADA TRUCKER PROTEST

ACA7E339-E739-4D1F-8C78-E0786BE51E3B.jpeg

I GIVE YOU THE MORRIS WORM VIRUS, THE DESTRUCTION OF STATUES WORLDWIDE BY ANARCHIST GROUPS FUNDED BY SOROS, AND THE RISE OF CENSORSHIP

4DB1FA8A-DF10-4296-81A0-CC29B06B9033.jpeg

I GIVE YOU THE BP OIL SPILL, OCCUPY WALL STREET, AND PIZZAGATE

2B4FE15D-0202-4F3D-8155-9622C3D41BBD.jpeg

I GIVE YOU THE RISE OF NUCLEAR REACTORS / NUCLEAR ENERGY, THE RISE OF THE GLOBAL WARMING SCAM, THE RISE OF GMO-CONTAMINATED FOOD/EATING BUGS

DFA1ABE2-6FA1-4238-AB30-A46595AF9E63.jpeg

I GIVE YOU THE BOMBING OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES, PRINCESS DIANA'S DEATH (NOTICE HOW HE CALLS HER PRINCESS DI - PRONOUNCED DIE), THE WORLDWIDE GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS

6EB992EC-BFDF-4193-B5B1-EB663ECE71B5.jpeg

I GIVE YOU THE DEATH OF EPSTEIN, THE RISE OF ZUCKERBURG/FACEBOOK, AND ED SNOWDEN

246BE8E6-A9F8-4DC6-93CE-49785E94C56B.jpeg

I GIVE YOU THE RISE OF THE REFORMED CHURCH OF SATAN ESPECIALLY IN SCHOOLS

B289A6B5-FAAA-4A8D-AE9F-8E888E74B87A.jpeg

BY THE WAY THIS ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THE AMOUNT OF CARDS I GOT THAT I COULD POST THAT CAME TRUE ALREADY SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT THAT SMOKE

I GOT ~400 CARDS

WHAT CAN U SAY @PeskyPeater @sugarbabe

NOTHING

YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING

YOU KNOW ITS ALL COME TRUE TO A T

PeskyPeater

KEEP IN MIND ALL THESE CARDS WERE CREATED IN 1980

I GIVE YOU 9/11

View attachment 40449

I GIVE YOU THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC

View attachment 40450

I GIVE YOU THE ENERGY/OIL CRISIS, JAN 6TH, AND THE CANADA TRUCKER PROTEST

View attachment 40452

I GIVE YOU THE MORRIS WORM VIRUS, THE DESTRUCTION OF STATUES WORLDWIDE BY ANARCHIST GROUPS FUNDED BY SOROS, AND THE RISE OF CENSORSHIP

View attachment 40453

I GIVE YOU THE BP OIL SPILL, OCCUPY WALL STREET, AND PIZZAGATE

View attachment 40451

I GIVE YOU THE RISE OF NUCLEAR REACTORS / NUCLEAR ENERGY, THE RISE OF THE GLOBAL WARMING SCAM, THE RISE OF GMO-CONTAMINATED FOOD/EATING BUGS

View attachment 40455

I GIVE YOU THE BOMBING OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES, PRINCESS DIANA'S DEATH (NOTICE HOW HE CALLS HER PRINCESS DI - PRONOUNCED DIE), THE WORLDWIDE GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS

View attachment 40454

I GIVE YOU THE DEATH OF EPSTEIN, THE RISE OF ZUCKERBURG/FACEBOOK, AND ED SNOWDEN

View attachment 40456

I GIVE YOU THE RISE OF THE REFORMED CHURCH OF SATAN ESPECIALLY IN SCHOOLS

View attachment 40457

BY THE WAY THIS ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THE AMOUNT OF CARDS I GOT THAT I COULD POST THAT CAME TRUE ALREADY SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT THAT SMOKE

I GOT ~400 CARDS

WHAT CAN U SAY @PeskyPeater @sugarbabe

NOTHING

YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING

YOU KNOW ITS ALL COME TRUE TO A T
it is very simple, you can only identify these cases AFTER THE FACT, never before. So of course you are able to make these associations but it doesn't mean they are actually premeditated. most of these scenarios are not that far fetched. And some criminal mind can indeed use one of these scenarios and execute it in real life, doesn't mean suddenly all of them are part of an conspiracy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals