The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

FacelessMan

There is no use arguing. It would have no bearing on our life anyway. Why would it matter? It wouldn't change that I don't like how much money we spend on space exploration. I want this planet whatever shape it is to be taken care of.

Its not arguing its debating. The thing is it DOES have a bearing on our life. No rotating globe flying through the universe, no 93 million mile away sun, the entire big bang theory, theory of evolution, humanism, relativism, it all breaks down if we are in a fixed earth with a dome over it that was made by a Creator. People matter more. You aren't a spec in the universe. You were created. You are important. Everything about the entire world changes. Fake religion of "science" is exposed and actual observational science takes its place once again. Everything would change. The power structure would change. The control of Hollywood, "science", and the deception that is pulled over peoples eyes would be destroyed. Talk about an awakening

Amateur rockets with their fisheye go pro lenses? Yeah proof alright. Next. GPS is more a proof for flat earth than a globe.
Maybe we will never change your mind, but anyone coming to this thread will not be likely to adopt your views as there have been so many common sense criticisms offered.

FacelessMan

Maybe we will never change your mind, but anyone coming to this thread will not be likely to adopt your views as there have been so many common sense criticisms offered.

I have heard no common sense anything from anyone yet. Simply criticism from people who are having a hard time with such a huge deception. I'll tell you what. Anyone and everyone that reads this thread, do this. Try, really try to prove the globe to yourself. Look into it. Research it and see the lies and the holes of the globe earth. Research NASA and all of their lies and bull crap. Really try to prove this flat earth thing is stupid. That's what I did, and the globe left me wanting.

InChristAlone

People still believe in a creator, in fact billions of people believe in a creator. Why does all of that matter to whether we have a creator or not? I believe we are all connected spiritually, not just specs of dust in the universe.

FacelessMan

For a forum of such "open mindedness", you are some of the most closed minded people ever. Programming and beliefs are strong. I can't say I blame all of you, but do yourself a favor and atleast look at it. You probably used to think eating sugar was crazy too. ;)

InChristAlone

Closed minded ever?? Even to be in a group like this I think we are some of the most non closed minded. You are not furthering your theory by speaking to us this way.

If we are in some fish bowl scenario, why would there be a moon? and why, when you look at it through a common telescope, would there be craters and mountains and valleys, why would the creator have made a whole different world if our world was all that mattered to him?

Richiebogie

Its not arguing its debating. The thing is it DOES have a bearing on our life. No rotating globe flying through the universe, no 93 million mile away sun, the entire big bang theory, theory of evolution, humanism, relativism, it all breaks down if we are in a fixed earth with a dome over it that was made by a Creator. People matter more. You aren't a spec in the universe. You were created. You are important. Everything about the entire world changes. Fake religion of "science" is exposed and actual observational science takes its place once again. Everything would change. The power structure would change. The control of Hollywood, "science", and the deception that is pulled over peoples eyes would be destroyed. Talk about an awakening

Do you know about the North Star? If you are in London then the latitude is 51 degrees north. This means during the night the stars rotate anti-clockwise around the North Star which will be 51 degrees above the horizon.

If you go to a place with a latitude of 40 degrees north then the stars rotate anti-clockwise around the North Star at 40 degrees above the horizon.

At the North Pole the latitude is 90 degrees north and we expect the North Star is directly above. The stars rotate anti-clockwise.

Here in Melbourne, Australia we are 38 degrees South. The stars rotate CLOCKWISE about a point in the sky 38 degrees above the horizon.

At the equator the latitude is 0 degrees and the stars rise in the east and set in the west. Toward the north they rotate anti clockwise about the North Star which is on the horizon. Toward the south the stars rotate clockwise about a point on the horizon.

While the ancient Greeks didn't travel far south, the first of these observations may have led them to conclude the earth was a ball.

They may have thought the heavens were spinning and we were still, but they still conceived of a ball within a ball.

These observations certainly helped Captain James Cook navigate on his 3 voyages and draw very accurate maps of New Zealand and Eastern Australia.

Last edited:

Travis

The ONLY way the edge can be reached is by flying SOUTH. Because south is all the way around the earth. Seriously study it before you post something that is nonsense. The South just so happens to be shut down by the Antarctic Treaty signed by just about every nation on earth. Try and fly over the South Pole and see what happens. You would be shot down in a second.

The south pole??
I thought the south pole didn't exist Mr. Dosko??

Travis

Will someone in Leamington please take a picture of Cleveland? This is only 60 miles. If the Earth is flat, the the 900ft Key building should be clearly visible at night. You can see Chicago from 60 miles out in St. Joseph, so why not Cleveland from Leamington?

http://us.123rf.com/450wm/PapaBear/...ings--------the-key-tower-the-termi.jpg?ver=6

Could it possibly be that there is a huge ******* hump of water in the way?

Australian, New Zealander and South American flat earthers know Antarctica is an island at the centre of the world. The arctic however is a great ring of ice which circles the earth, beyond which is the void.

Putin's soldiers push spies and their smartphones off the edge into the abyss.

I'm pretty sure they love Putin, he's deeply religious.

Actually historically all ancient civilizations believed in a flat earth with fixed foundations and a solid firmament. No waterfall edges, but it was a funny comment. Thanks.

I'm just trying to understand who came up with the vinyl disk Earth because it must be pretty recent. Do not quite remember Bruno being offered this kind of explanation.

tara

You are important.
I guess this is what makes you so passionate about this.
Life, and human life, is valuable and noteworthy however it has come about. It doesn't require anti-scientific explanations to make it so.

Peata

Just because we are open-minded on this forum, does not mean we believe in or will fall for any kind of conspiracy theory manipulation. i.e. ("Hey, you believe sugar is good and that goes against mainstream, so now you should believe in the flat earth theory or you're closed minded.")

Ah, now I understand where this is coming from. I had my suspicions when you talked about the Firmament, which is from the KJV. So... yeah, you feel small in the universe and it makes you feel special and comforted to have a creator caretaker who put us Under the Dome. I get it. I don't believe it myself, but not believing it doesn't make me feel unimportant (I am important to people in my life), and people certainly do matter to me. In fact, life is even more precious. But I understand what you must be dealing with since you believe so hard in this and even evangelize on the internet about it. Fear of hell plays in there somewhere I'm sure.

I'm not going to carry on with back and forth on this topic. For one thing, it insults me personally as I fancied myself a bit of an amateur astronomer when I was in junior high. I set up my telescope in the backyard and I saw with my own two eyes, among other things, the shape of the planets. I guess my evil overlord, NASA, tampered with my lens though.

I'm sorry that in your mind you feel you have to think and live this way, even if you don't see it for the prison it is. Or maybe you do know deep down that this is a drag on your life, but suppress that because to you the alternative seems hopeless (though it's not). I suppose you'll keep persisting in posting this flat earth stuff, but anyway, I do have empathy.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Dosko has gone quiet. Perhaps the logic of Pythagoras 2500 years ago has swayed him...?

A problem here is that one of the oldest sciences - astronomy - has become difficult for the layman stargazer with our modern bright cities.

Interestingly many Greeks and medieval philosophers thought that it would be too hot for humans to cross the equator which they called the torrid zone. Hence they thought the antipodes would not have anybody living there.

If Dosko has changed his mind he may owe an apology to the Antarctic explorers of the 50's!

Here they seem to have found the edge of the earth:

http://www.amazon.com/Crossing-Antarctica-Photographs-Fulfilled-Shackletons/dp

I will understand if Dosko won't admit to a change of mind due to the fatwa.

Last edited:

Travis

Dosko has gone quiet. Perhaps the logic of Pythagoras 2500 years ago has swayed him...?

A problem here is that one of the oldest sciences - astronomy - has become difficult for the layman stargazer with our modern bright cities.

Interestingly many Greeks and medieval philosophers thought that it would be too hot for humans to cross the equator which they called the torrid zone. Hence they thought the antipodes would not have anybody living there.

If Dosko has changed his mind he may owe an apology to the Antarctic explorers of the 50's!

Here they seem to have found the edge of the earth:

http://www.amazon.com/Crossing-Antarctica-Photographs-Fulfilled-Shackletons/dp

I will understand if Dosko won't admit to a change of mind due to the fatwa.

Maybe the moderator will let him change his name out of embarrassment.

Philomath

I wonder if that's what Paleo/low carb folks think when they visit the Ray Peat Forum? Peat can't be right about sugar, there are too many common sense criticisms out there. o_O

Kyle M

There are no conspiracy theories. There is no illuminati. People who think that the music business is run by the illuminati do not understand how the music business works. Look up Max Martin and you'll see that he is just a guy who knows how to make hits. It's called music publishing. It's called hit songs. Not a cult. 911 was a Saudi attack. Building 7 fell because it burned for 7 hours. The gov't can't even deliver my mail on time yet you think they can do something like 911?

Yes people do bad things but it's not a conspiracy, it's just people doing things for money and or their religious beliefs. But most people are friendly and good people.
The Illuminati was a group in Bavaria in the 19th century. It probably has nothing to do with the current elite interests involved in what most people consider modern "conspiracy theories."
People getting together and doing bad things for money or religious beliefs, if they are in any way hiding the extent of that activity to the greater public, is the definition of conspiracy. Look up the word "conspire."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals