The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

FacelessMan

Closed minded ever?? Even to be in a group like this I think we are some of the most non closed minded. You are not furthering your theory by speaking to us this way.
Dosko has gone quiet. Perhaps the logic of Pythagoras 2500 years ago has swayed him...?

A problem here is that one of the oldest sciences - astronomy - has become difficult for the layman stargazer with our modern bright cities.

Interestingly many Greeks and medieval philosophers thought that it would be too hot for humans to cross the equator which they called the torrid zone. Hence they thought the antipodes would not have anybody living there.

If Dosko has changed his mind he may owe an apology to the Antarctic explorers of the 50's!

Here they seem to have found the edge of the earth:

http://www.amazon.com/Crossing-Antarctica-Photographs-Fulfilled-Shackletons/dp

I will understand if Dosko won't admit to a change of mind due to the fatwa.
Just can't reply to 10 different people at once. I do have a busy life believe it or not. I'll try to work in some replies here and there.

GAF

The 2 best youtubers on this super fun subject imo are Eric Dubay and jeranism. The most interesting part of this subject is the vehemence and dismissiveness of the ballers who basically just parrot obvious questions versus the excessive overconfidence of the flat earthers. All of these obvious questions raised by the ballers have been "answered" in depth by the flatters in the videos. There is no reason to post questions here. All you have to do is listen to 30 hours of videos and you can pretty much get all the "answers" flat earthers have to give. Then, the discussion can evolve into how this conflict is going to play out and what is really at stake depending on who wins.

Since no person experiences a ball spinning at 1000 mph and no one experiences a ball traveling at 66,600 (get it) mph traveling through "space", and no regular person can ever see or find curvature with their own eyes, then a regular person has to rely on "scientists" and other assorted experts to tell them the "truth" knowing that these experts are employed by giant organizations with an agenda of some sort. We ALL know that once an expert stakes his career on a position, there is nothing that expert will ever do but find ways to support his reputation.

This is also a brand new subject for 99.9% of real people. It really just started sweeping into view of normal people within the last 2 years. But, it is a massively important subject, because if they can engineer a deception of this magnitude, we, the little people, can pretty much assume they have engineered other massive frauds on us and maybe it is time we do something about these psychopaths jacking with our minds.

This one is going to be extremely fun to watch and this is just the first batter in the first inning...

Travis

Thousands of conspiracies happen everyday, but the nature of the crime prevents it from being exposed very often. Conspiracy is a concept in law.

Did you know that a federal Judge implicated the American Medical Association in an anti-trust conspiracy in the Wilk vs AMA trial? This is from Wikipedia: "On September 25, 1987, Getzendanner issued her opinion that the AMA had violated Section 1, but not 2, of the Sherman Act, and that it had engaged in an unlawful conspiracy in restraint of trade "to contain and eliminate the chiropractic profession."

Did you know that the House Select Committee on Assassinations ruled that JFK was murdered as a probably result of conspiracy? The HSCA is a government body made up of US Representatives.

A grand jury named Richard Nixon as a co-conspirator in the Watergate Burglary.

The list goes on. Conspiracies are real. Federal Judges are "conspiracy theorists"; Being a "wack-job" is not a prerequisite.

Travis

The 2 best youtubers on this super fun subject imo are Eric Dubay and jeranism. The most interesting part of this subject is the vehemence and dismissiveness of the ballers who basically just parrot obvious questions versus the excessive overconfidence of the flat earthers. All of these obvious questions raised by the ballers have been "answered" in depth by the flatters in the videos. There is no reason to post questions here. All you have to do is listen to 30 hours of videos and you can pretty much get all the "answers" flat earthers have to give. Then, the discussion can evolve into how this conflict is going to play out and what is really at stake depending on who wins.

Since no person experiences a ball spinning at 1000 mph and no one experiences a ball traveling at 66,600 (get it) mph traveling through "space", and no regular person can ever see or find curvature with their own eyes, then a regular person has to rely on "scientists" and other assorted experts to tell them the "truth" knowing that these experts are employed by giant organizations with an agenda of some sort. We ALL know that once an expert stakes his career on a position, there is nothing that expert will ever do but find ways to support his reputation.

This is also a brand new subject for 99.9% of real people. It really just started sweeping into view of normal people within the last 2 years. But, it is a massively important subject, because if they can engineer a deception of this magnitude, we, the little people, can pretty much assume they have engineered other massive frauds on us and maybe it is time we do something about these psychopaths jacking with our minds.

This one is going to be extremely fun to watch and this is just the first batter in the first inning...

The earth could be the stationary center of the Universe and still be round. Many flat earth talking points have nothing to do with curvature.

If anyone seriously think that the Chicago-from-Michigan pictures do not prove curvature, the I have some make-up to sell you.*

*(to hide the lobotomy scar)

tara

other massive frauds on us and maybe it is time we do something about these psychopaths jacking with our minds
I think there are important frauds being perpetrated. But giving these bizarre claims, that are contradicted by overwhelming empirical evidence, any credibility at all makes it harder, not easier, to seriously investigate and address the real ones.

keith

I think there are important frauds being perpetrated. But giving these bizarre claims, that are contradicted by overwhelming empirical evidence, any credibility at all makes it harder, not easier, to seriously investigate and address the real ones.
:+1

Ideonaut

This is quite mind opening:

The very first point they try to make in the video, that the horizon always appears flat, is false from my personal observation up in a 737.
I don't think this the earth is flat thread does anything for the credibility of the forum. How about a "the moon is made of green cheese" thread?

keith

The very first point they try to make in the video, that the horizon always appears flat, is false from my personal observation up in a 737.
I don't think this the earth is flat thread does anything for the credibility of the forum. How about a "the moon is made of green cheese" thread?
It is clearly yellow cheese. otherwise it would be green. Duh :bored:

Richiebogie

no regular person can ever see or find curvature with their own eyes

A regular person can look at the stars.

A regular person can look at the horizon.

A regular person can fly at 40000 feet.

It's not rocket science, but it is a prerequisite of rocket science!

Travis

Well, If you lived in Grand Mere, Michigan, then you should be able to deduce curvature by looking at the top 1/4 of Chicago's buildings.

jaa

This is an interesting topic. Just read the posts and substitute something like, lipid membrane for flat earth, or cancer as a genetic disease for earth is a globe. The type of discourse is the same. I'm right, you're wrong! If you don't believe "the facts" you're an idiot or a conspiracy theorist.

It's not the same though. The evidence is orders of magnitude stronger for the earth not being flat then how complex machinery at the cellular level operates. And it's much easier for a lay person to verify.

jaa

For all intents and purposes, the Big Bang theory has been busted (Ray Peat on alternative views in cosmology
If a scientific hallmark like the Big Bang theory can be proven invalid, why couldn't other major scientific beliefs be wrong?

The big bang has only been busted depending on how you look at it. If your view of it as "Absolutely the beginning of everything" then yes, it's busted. If your view of it is "rapid inflation from a singularity where our physics breaks down" then no, it's not debunked. The general model holds. That's how science works. It (usually) makes gradual refinements to more accurate models. The history of flat earth theory would be akin to developing the big bang theory and then moving to the creationist theory in genesis. It doesn't make sense.

And theories being invalidated is what makes science strong. Just because we can improve upon the Big Bang theory it does not mean ridiculous theories like Flat Earth with all the evidence in the world against them should be given equal weight as theories backed by observation and evidence.

GAF

is false from my personal observation up in a 737
and
A regular person can fly at 40000 feet.

Do you wear funny eyeglasses because no one else has seen curvature with their own eyes from an airplane. It is not there. Sorry.

A regular person can look at the stars.

The stars rotate around the North Star and the earth is traveling at 66,600 mph (get it) so the entire universe must stay in perfect sync somehow. I guess that is reasonable, but there is no reason to think it is, or it isn't, other than that is what supposedly happens based on "experts" employed by agenda-laden organizations.

Looking at "stars" thru a telescope "proves" they are actual suns trillions of light years away - really. You can conclude that is a fact and there can be no other explanation from that microscopic amount of observation. What you can actually see is a pretty sparkly thing that is really cool to look at. That is all you or anyone else can see and that is all you can really conclude.

Well, If you lived in Grand Mere, Michigan, then you should be able to deduce curvature by looking at the top 1/4 of Chicago's buildings

All you have to do is get a strong enough telescope and you can see top to bottom. Even the pirates in movies had telescopes that saw beyond the "curve".

In conclusion, I have no idea because I have no idea just how big the earth really is and what that would mean. I just find the immediate dismissiveness of the ballers to be an interesting phenomenon that may reveal an incredible level of propaganda and conditioning has gone on since we were tiny little babies and our minds are just incapable of doing some normal simple research on this particular topic.

Let go. Have some fun with it. It is not going away. This could be the topic that brings the house of cards down down down. All you really smart people on this forum need to educate yourself on the topic because it is a movement that is going to impact your life for better or worse.

mt_dreams

I love me some sci-fi.
weirdly enough, I'd be more open to the idea that earth is the universes home base, than the possibility of the earth being flat.
if either of these are ever proved, it would change our idea of consciousness, and more than likely change our interpretation of why we're here.

GAF

And, you want to be on the winning side of the argument. If it turns out to be flat, you can tell people you knew that and when they ask, "Say you're a really smart guy, why didn't you tell me?" You can answer "I didn't think you could handle the truth". If it turns out to be round, oblate or rhomboid you can answer the same question - "Well Duh".

All NASA has to do is put a bird in orbit at 1000 miles up with 24/7 cameras pointed at the earth with lens of every shape and size and type and zero delay and send video to every corner of the ball 24/7. Hey, they went to moon. How hard is it to take a video with every kind of lens invented?

Richiebogie

Hi @GAF, how does your flat earth account for stars rotating anti-clockwise around the North Star, and clockwise around the South Celestial Pole?

How does your model account for time zones?

Latitude and longitude exactly predict these things for every point on Earth.

Jayfish

Hi @GAF, how does your flat earth account for stars rotating anti-clockwise around the North Star, and clockwise around the South Celestial Pole?

How does your model account for time zones?

Latitude and longitude exactly predict these things for every point on Earth.

I'm sure there are FE answers already out there but I was also wondering about flights going east and west and taking longer/shorter because of the earth's spin. Also the coriolis effect, snipers have to take into account the earth's rotation when firing long distance. Southern hemisphere has to take in the opposite direct of northern hemisphere.

All of these things mentioned along with satelites and space stations that are able to be seen through amatuer telescopes, these should be pretty easy to prove.

keith

@Richiebogie @Jayfish All you have to do is watch 85 hours of YouTube videos and it will all be clear.

GAF

The keith meister got it. Stop asking simple obvious questions.

No different than the hundreds of hours plus we have all spent reading rp and rpf. Spend 6 months researching the topic, both sides, and then let's ponder the impact of the info gathered.

It's really a hilarious topic in itself and you add in the passion of the uninformed on both sides and it's a kneeslapper.

I have no idea what is true. I just want to able to goof on excessively serious people who actually think that what they believe under their chrome dome matters to anyone but them.

Travis

All you have to do is get a strong enough telescope and you can see top to bottom. Even the pirates in movies had telescopes that saw beyond the "curve".

I don't get it. If you can see the tops of the buildings unmagnified, then why would you need a telescope to see the bottoms?

Are you saying that the tops of the buildings are 50 miles away, but the bottoms are somehow further than 50 miles away, and this is due to "perspective"?

Maybe the pirates from the movies can explain it. Does anyone know Johnny Depp's e-mail?

http://i.imgur.com/Ikd8NJH.jpg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals