The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

Lol those bubbles are going everywhere but up...

Suikerbuik

You seem fallen for the brainwashing style of communication of those flat earthers, GAF.

GAF

Totally Agree! No one should ever believe what can see with their own eyes. I believe in Merck, Pfizer, Monsanto, Microsoft, Dunkin Donuts, and NASA because the love me and want me to be happy.

Jayfish

Its not arguing its debating. The thing is it DOES have a bearing on our life. No rotating globe flying through the universe, no 93 million mile away sun, the entire big bang theory, theory of evolution, humanism, relativism, it all breaks down if we are in a fixed earth with a dome over it that was made by a Creator. People matter more. You aren't a spec in the universe. You were created. You are important. Everything about the entire world changes. Fake religion of "science" is exposed and actual observational science takes its place once again. Everything would change. The power structure would change. The control of Hollywood, "science", and the deception that is pulled over peoples eyes would be destroyed. Talk about an awakening

Hmm. Sounds like the Inquisition may be making a comeback.

Richiebogie

Direct flight from Sydney, Australia to Santiago, Chile is 12 hours 40 minutes.
Direct flight from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles, US is 13 hours 45 minutes.
(cheapflights.com.au)

According to the flat earth map, Los Angeles is 2/3 of the way to Santiago.
(www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/featured/maps)

According to the globe, Santiago is closer to Sydney than Los Angeles.
(distancefromto.net)

Suikerbuik

Exactly that GAF, a bit short sighted for my eyes.

tara

When my kids were younger, they got kicks out of kicking over constructs of blocks or sand.
Now they think it's fun to blow up minecraft constructs with TNT.
I'm hoping they don't grow up to consider it the height of entertainment to knock down all the models that the rational scientific application of reason to evidence has brought us over the last few centuries. Or at least that if they do, that they have it firmly in place as fiction - Pratchett was brilliant at this. And apply proper critical thinking to counterculture ideas as well as mainstream discourse.

tankasnowgod

I believe in Merck, Pfizer, Monsanto, Microsoft, Dunkin Donuts, and NASA because the love me and want me to be happy.

Whoa! I didn't realize that Dunkin FREAKING Donuts got to join such elite Illuminati/ New World Order company! It's about time they got some dang recognition by our reptillian overlords! By far, the tastiest of bunch.

Travis

Ha. Good call.

Dunkin' Donuts seems a bit out of place on that list.

The Illuminati was a group in Bavaria in the 19th century. It probably has nothing to do with the current elite interests involved in what most people consider modern "conspiracy theories."
People getting together and doing bad things for money or religious beliefs, if they are in any way hiding the extent of that activity to the greater public, is the definition of conspiracy. Look up the word "conspire."

I meant to say conspiracy theories as defined by quacks who believe them, are just theories. The definition of conspire has nothing to do with what quacks believe about the world. And although people who do things for money and/or religious beliefs can be called "conspiring" it is not the same kind of meaning of the word as quacks who believe in flat Earth, moon hoax, Lemuria, Atlantis, chemtrails, 9/11, reptilians, bigfoot, aliens, etc.

Travis

Nice list. I will point out that there is good evidence that the: <b>Moon Landing</b> was Faked, and that <b>9/11</b> was Orchestrated by non-Muslims.

Thousands of architects and engineers agree about 9/11: AE911Truth — Architects & Engineers Investigating the destruction of all three World Trade Center skyscrapers on September 11 - Home
These people are not "quacks". These people are the ones that <b>know</b> that controlled demolition was used, and are not afraid to say it. These people design buildings and know exactly how strong they really are.

Going to the moon is very difficult. I doubt it has never been achieved. There are too many anomalies in the photographic record.

Flat earth = not true. Whoever believes that should be slapped.
Lemuria = what is that?
Atlantis = no idea
reptilians = absolutely impossible. Whoever believes that should be slapped.
bigfoot = just a fun thing to tell kids.
aliens = theoretically likely to exist somewhere in the universe.

You made the mistake of grouping all of these things together. This is by design I think. The government creates these "stupid poseur conspiracies" to discredit people who know about the real ones.

You see, before I can make a case for the fake moon-landing, I will be dismissed as a flat-earther by many out of association. I think that the flat-earth movement was a last ditch effort from NASA to save their credibility. They never expected back in 1969 that there would be an internet, and that millions of people could examine the fake moon photographs daily. Did you know that NASA conveniently lost the higher resolution master tapes of the moon landing? Did you know that the "moon rock" given to The Netherlands by a US Ambassador was examined and found to be petrified wood?
‘Moon rock’ in museum is just petrified wood

Kyle M

I meant to say conspiracy theories as defined by quacks who believe them, are just theories. The definition of conspire has nothing to do with what quacks believe about the world. And although people who do things for money and/or religious beliefs can be called "conspiring" it is not the same kind of meaning of the word as quacks who believe in flat Earth, moon hoax, Lemuria, Atlantis, chemtrails, 9/11, reptilians, bigfoot, aliens, etc.
Do you think maybe that the cultural stigma around questioning authority/government is behind you feeling it's different, rather than the actual content? Is it easier for you to believe that the Nazi government committed false flag than the USA government, and if so why?

Do you think maybe that the cultural stigma around questioning authority/government is behind you feeling it's different, rather than the actual content? Is it easier for you to believe that the Nazi government committed false flag than the USA government, and if so why?

The content matters. Specific things matter. You have to look at each claim individually. I think the gov't is too incompetent to pull such a task off. They are just people who go to work. The 1% and even those who are much less wealthier but still well off, love their money and lifestyle too much to mess it up for everyone else. They need employees so that they can keep living how they want to. Who's going to clean the pool, drive you to the airport, cook your food, babysit your kids, pick your fruit, and wipe your **** when you're old if they are all conspiring against you? Now, there are some gov't's who would really do things to everyone, mainly, North Korea, Iran, Saudi, possibly Russia. But, even they don't really want to do anything. They dream about it. But they don't act on it. Because even they want to keep living.

The content matters. Specific things matter. You have to look at each claim individually. I think the gov't is too incompetent to pull such a task off. They are just people who go to work. The 1% and even those who are much less wealthier but still well off, love their money and lifestyle too much to mess it up for everyone else. They need employees so that they can keep living how they want to. Who's going to clean the pool, drive you to the airport, cook your food, babysit your kids, pick your fruit, and wipe your **** when you're old if they are all conspiring against you? Now, there are some gov't's who would really do things to everyone, mainly, North Korea, Iran, Saudi, possibly Russia. But, even they don't really want to do anything. They dream about it. But they don't act on it. Because even they want to keep living.

Nice new avatar! :offtopic

Did not know this part of you :cool

tumblr_ngcslneIQZ1tfbtrwo1_400.gif