Temperature Drop After Exercise

NommyWommy

Hi

Any idea why my temperature drops after mild exertion? Today I went for a walk for 30mins my temperature dropped from 36.6 to 36.1 and then took about 1 hour to come back up again.

Thanks.

OP
N

NommyWommy

Thanks. Stress hormones caused by the walk? It was only a gentle walk really.

Rad

How did you take your temperature (oral, armpit)? How often did you check until you saw it return to normal at an hour? also, did you mouth breath/pant on your walk?

I've found that my temperature (oral - best for me) reads lower after I get in and then returns to normal after about half an hour. I think it's just to do with blood flow and heat release from the exercise. Nothing to worry about.

OP
N

NommyWommy

It was oral temperature and it took 90 mins to return to normal checking temp approx every 30mins. Thanks for the input.

Rad

Can't give you any definitive answers but I am assuming you didn't eat whilst recording it, which would skew the results. Try eating straight away (or some oj) after the walk and see if it returns to normal quicker. Test after about 10 minutes from eating or drinking as that might also change your oral temperature. Might through up some interesting results. Or not.

Are you relatively fit? And why not record changes in your pulse as that might show us what is going on.

ilikecats

"I’m not sure who introduced the term “aerobic” to describe the state of anaerobic metabolism that develops during stressful exercise, but it has had many harmful repercussions. In experiments, T3 production is stopped very quickly by even “sub-aerobic” exercise, probably because of the combination of a decrease of blood glucose and an increase in free fatty acids. In a healthy person, rest will tend to restore the normal level of T3, but there is evidence that even very good athletes remain in a hypothyroid state even at rest."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals