Low Temps After Exercise

TNBRUM

Hi
I think I have a thyroid problem, because of my symptoms and low waking temperature 35.9 c. I took NDT for two months getting upto 1 grain. which did not make me feel better or improve my temps much but seemed to affect my adrenals, waking several times in night, dizziness standing etc. I have noticed when i have a walk or do some work, if I take my temperature straight after it can be in the low 34's c and i feel shaky. After about 5 minutes it starts to come back up to about 36.6, I never get much above that. My question is would this drop in temperature be a sure sign of adrenal problems and if so what is the best way to remedy this. Thanks

theLaw

What's you height, weight, age, and caloric intake per day?

You're probably starving yourself.:cool:

OP
T

TNBRUM

No, good appetite eat three meals a day. Age 65, height 5ft 10in, weight 11st 8 lbs, don't count my calories but eat enough to fill me.

theLaw

No, good appetite eat three meals a day. Age 65, height 5ft 10in, weight 11st 8 lbs, don't count my calories but eat enough to fill me.

So like I said........you're starving.

I know......"but......but......but".

You're starving, and you don't count calories because you don't actually want to put in any effort to solve this problem.

If you did, you would fill out the conometer.com so that others could see your particular details and actually help you. (here is where you insert all of the excuses for not putting in 2min worth of effort)

But you can't be bothered........probably have much better things to do.

Best of luck. Cheers!:cool:

I get the same problem. If it is a problem. Exercise makes my temperatures fall. I think it’s from stress hormones.

BibleBeliever

Extra food and salt with exercise helps counters negatives from it.
Of course walking is just like a basic stretch for the body, so if it is causing negatives that the issue is pretty severe.
Salt helps lowers adrenaline and increase body heat.
B12 is very useful for the thyroid. Hydroxyb12 is approved by Ray, since it lowers nitric oxide, cyanide and carbon monoxide.
However liver is sufficient for b12. Clams are very high too, octopus as well.
Do you get much b12 or salt?

Sufficient zinc intake (oysters) is very helpful for adrenal issues too.
I have read that cadmium is especially toxic to the adrenal gland.
Ray states that coffee drinkers have lower cadmium levels.

OP
T

TNBRUM

Thanks everybody for your replies. The law, I don't think your comments are helpful, if u had defined what you meant by starving and recommended a daily calorie intake and why a low calorie intake would cause my problem, it would of been more constructive. I have had a lot of health problems can assure you I will do whatever is needed to improve my health, but I thank you for replying. Raypeatclips I do yoga and meditation try to reduce my stress levels as much as I can, I used to do a lot of walking but over the last 6 weeks cut that back to about 4 miles a day. I eat good food brown rice, fish plenty of vegetables, no coffee, sugar or alcohol. I have been taking Rhodiola and ashwaganda plus a large selection of vitamins. B complex, D3, C 3 grams, etc. I had a 24 hour cortisol saliva test which showed my morning level low at about 35% of the range. Jackhamma I eat liver regular and take b12, I had a thyroid and vitamin test recently and b12 was slightly over top of the range. I take plenty of salt with food and in liquids as per Dr J Wilson's advice in his book Adrenal Fatigue The 21st Century Stress Syndrome. Thanks again for all your reply's much appreciated.

Peatful

Hi @TNBRUM

Not sure how you landed on a Ray Peat forum.
Use the search bar to better understand some basic Peat principles regarding dietary recommendations.
Primarily (rudiments)... Low PUFA....high sugar/fructose (I think macro ratio of 40/30/30 or 50/25/25 is best)....high calcium phosphorus ratio...limited oral supplements...caffeine as 'medicine'.

So, as u see, you are doing the opposite.

And, theLaw is correct. U appear to be undereating.
Food frequency helps. U need to add two more full meals to your day to start to heal.
Your temps drop because u r using energy you simply don't have to support the exercise you are doing... So others are also correct in saying high cortisol from stress response.

Cheers.

shepherdgirl

dizziness standing- are you eating enough salt? I can't find relevant Peat quotes at the moment, but iirc i associate orthostatic hypotension with high aldosterone. i associate hypothyroid with salt wasting, which leads to high aldosterone. of course i am not necessarily saying you have orthostatic hypotension.
Also just wanted to mention that thyroid and food needs often change with the season/outside temperature/availability of light.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals