Taurine Increases Nitric Oxide

Hiwatt

Yeah alot of benefits. I am gonna keep my 2g per day. I am happy with it too.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

So is the consensus conclusion to ditch Taurine? Or is it still ambiguous. I guess the jury is out. I will still test the Arginine tomorrow to see if these saliva strips are bogus or worth anything.
Please still test the stepss yes

Mito

Purely from personal experience of around 1g a day for two weeks, the first few days I admit amazing results as listed above, within two weeks I felt I'd aged 10 years. Joints hurting terribly, hip pain, shin stress fracture. Stopped the taurine and did anti- Nitric oxide protocol. 4 days later, pain gone
Maybe you are allergic to Taurine or a contaminant in the supplement? Have you tried repeating the two week experiment with another brand with low contamination risk such as Pure Encapsulations (more expensive but highly likely to be contaminant free).

Hiwatt

Conclusions.

The last experiment was a saliva test fasting. No brushing teeth or food.

T+0 = FASTED STATE NO SALIVA TST

T+65 MIN = 1500 MG ARGININE
20180408_065937.jpg
20180408_080646.jpg

1) So either the test strips are bogus. 2) 3g Taurine or 1500mg Arginine don't raise NO levels in these concentrations. My thought is it would take alot of either to affect NO.

So if NO is normal ditch the Arginine and research cost benefits of Taurine. Real blood tests would be better. I am going to not take Arginine and stay with 2g Taurine split daily since I notice no ill effects. Thanks for watching and please comment. We need @haidut to chime in if he has time.

Shine On

Hiwatt

is it only very slightly darker after arginine?

I see no real difference. Very strange. That's 1500mg Arginine I don't want to mess with more. Maybe I will buy a jar of superbeets or find someone to borrow. Then rinse my mouth and measure 1 hour later. I think this is for people who have LOW NO and need to raise it. We'd rather use CO2. Any ideas I am open.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I see no real difference. Very strange. That's 1500mg Arginine I don't want to mess with more. Maybe I will buy a jar of superbeets or find someone to borrow. Then rinse my mouth and measure 1 hour later. I think this is for people who have LOW NO and need to raise it. We'd rather use CO2. Any ideas I am open.
doesnt it just mean the strips are probably not accurate?

Mossy

I think there may be a chance that Peaters are decreasing their N.O. too much; or, maybe I should say creating an imbalance. @Vinero had noted how his N.O. was too low while on Lysine, which resulted in pneumonia. I'm dealing with similar symptoms; I may try juicing watermelon rinds, for the citrulline, as I know that supplementing with it lowers my pulse too much.

I can say, I am highly sensitive to most supplements, but taurine is my one fail-safe supplement; and, luckily, I can get by on very small doses--25mg will put me to sleep. So, maybe that within itself is showing too low, or imbalanced, N.O.

Also, I've been having constipation problems, and I've read that beet juice, an N.O. raiser, is good for that. Low and behold, I juiced some beets last night and I've already released the hounds today, and it feels like more are at the gate.

So, it would seem the moral of the story is your N.O. can get too low--or, maybe it's just my understanding/knowledge that is too low o_O, and I'm drawing conclusions too anecdotally.

Last edited:

managing

I think there may be a chance that Peaters are decreasing their N.O. too much; or, maybe I should say creating an imbalance. @Vinero had noted how his N.O. was too low while on Lysine, which resulted in pneumonia. I'm dealing with similar symptoms; I may try juicing watermelon rinds, for the citrulline, as I know that supplementing with it lowers my pulse too much.

I can say, I am highly sensitive to most supplements, but taurine is my one fail-safe supplement; and, luckily, I can get by on very small doses--25mg will put me to sleep. So, maybe that within itself is showing too low, or imbalanced, N.O.

Also, I've been having constipation problems, and I've read that beet juice, an N.O. raiser, is good for that. Low and behold, I juiced some beets last night and I've already released the hounds today, and it feels like more are at the gate.

So, it would seem the moral of the story is your N.O. can get too low--or, maybe it's just my understanding/knowledge that is too low o_O, and I'm drawing conclusions too anecdotally.
Is citrulline known to lower pulse? I could find evidence of it lowering BP only.

However, I see some evidence that it reduces cortisol.

Mossy

Is citrulline known to lower pulse? I could find evidence of it lowering BP only.

However, I see some evidence that it reduces cortisol.
Oh, I can confirm it definitely lowers pulse. Whether this is a by-product of lowering BP, I'm not certain. I had a bad episode with it about a year ago where it lowered my pulse into the 40s, and I started to get the shivers/shakes. It was not fun.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I may try juicing watermelon rinds, for the citrulline, as I know that supplementing with it lowers my pulse too much.
I think we're quite similar Mossy because taurine sends me off to sleep too. I'm pretty sure it's the eNOS raising ability. You can test this by eating walnuts, pure cacao, or taking Progesterone, agmatine, arginine- they all increase eNOS and make me feel very tired and actually also improve sleep quality. But with long term use comes problems I've noticed as the NO builds up. So very low dose as you do or pulsing the supp I think is the only option.

Nitric oxide is so anti metabolic, so that's why citrulline and arginine reduce pulse so much. I also had exact same problem with a probiotic L-Reuteri, and then I realised it was raising my NO. pulse also in low 40s!! I think haidut said in one of the danny roddy podcasts that NO disactivates thyroid hormone. Why bother with citrulline at all!

managing

I think we're quite similar Mossy because taurine sends me off to sleep too. I'm pretty sure it's the eNOS raising ability. You can test this by eating walnuts, pure cacao, or taking Progesterone, agmatine, arginine- they all increase eNOS and make me feel very tired and actually also improve sleep quality. But with long term use comes problems I've noticed as the NO builds up. So very low dose as you do or pulsing the supp I think is the only option.

Nitric oxide is so anti metabolic, so that's why citrulline and arginine reduce pulse so much. I also had exact same problem with a probiotic L-Reuteri, and then I realised it was raising my NO. pulse also in low 40s!! I think haidut said in one of the danny roddy podcasts that NO disactivates thyroid hormone. Why bother with citrulline at all!
But citrulline also inhibits cortisol. I think its important to distinguish pulse as related to cortisol and pulse as related to oxidative metabolism. In this case, the cortisol inhibition probably accounts for much of it.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

But citrulline also inhibits cortisol. I think its important to distinguish pulse as related to cortisol and pulse as related to oxidative metabolism. In this case, the cortisol inhibition probably accounts for much of it.
cortisol lowers pulse but raises temperature...so inhibiting cortisol would increase pulse if anything

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals