Supplemental minimalism

ursidae

Swanson has a pretty cool b complex, but the amounts of some of the vitamins might be problematic. You’ll have to risk some money to test it
1614952732497.jpeg

I’d do B complex, zinc bisycinate, magnesium taurate, D/K/E

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Swanson has a pretty cool b complex, but the amounts of some of the vitamins might be problematic. You’ll have to risk some money to test it
View attachment 21965

I’d do B complex, zinc bisycinate, magnesium taurate, D/K/E
Thank you is it the b12 you are reffering to? I ended up buying this one, but I am still not sure. I dont know how to supplement it right. Use energin, but can afford it when I am moving out.

ursidae

Thank you is it the b12 you are reffering to? I ended up buying this one, but I am still not sure. I dont know how to supplement it right. Use energin, but can afford it when I am moving out.
the one you bought looks great
I’m not sure if the b12 is imbalanced actually, since high doses of the other b vitamins will increase the need for it and the absorption is more difficult (intrinsic factor required). But some of the other ones might be excessive/insufficient depending on what you need. I decided to buy them separately, just in case

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

the one you bought looks great
I’m not sure if the b12 is imbalanced actually, since high doses of the other b vitamins will increase the need for it and the absorption is more difficult (intrinsic factor required). But some of the other ones might be excessive/insufficient depending on what you need. I decided to buy them separately, just in case
Ok, thank you! How do you ratio your B-vitamins then?

equipoise

Tbh I don't even take Aspirin anymore, come to think of it, I don't think anything at the moment. Ran out of Energin, which is awesome, but wanted to take a break and focus on getting 1L of fresh OJ, 1L of Milk, some OJ gello, eggs, carrot salad, kompot (apples/pears), liver once a week, maybe some beef or pork chops.
Experimenting with no starch at the moment and I'm doing quite ok. Oh yeah and Creatine, it's really good imho.

The less supplements, the easier is to listen to the body in a way, that doesn't mean they can't be helpful, but should be added to an already rich base aswell as monitor the increase in metabolic rate (uncoupling) in order to actually benefit from them. Next up: Oxidal!

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Tbh I don't even take Aspirin anymore, come to think of it, I don't think anything at the moment. Ran out of Energin, which is awesome, but wanted to take a break and focus on getting 1L of fresh OJ, 1L of Milk, some OJ gello, eggs, carrot salad, kompot (apples/pears), liver once a week, maybe some beef or pork chops.
Experimenting with no starch at the moment and I'm doing quite ok. Oh yeah and Creatine, it's really good imho.

The less supplements, the easier is to listen to the body in a way, that doesn't mean they can't be helpful, but should be added to an already rich base aswell as monitor the increase in metabolic rate (uncoupling) in order to actually benefit from them. Next up: Oxidal!
Why is it awesome you ran out of energin?

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

@Lee Simeon what supplements are you taking now?
I take all this on a regular basis, most daily. Zinc chelate, zinc lozenge, vitamin c, selenium, iodine, coq 10 pqq, bacopa, taurine, dha, magnesium chloride, calcirol, kuinone, Tocovit, retinil, defibron, energin, gonadin, oxidal, pyrucet, lapodin, potassium iodide, iodine in ethylethanol, threonine, lysine, proline, agmatine, niacinamide, theanine, methyl folate, inosine, born and apple pectin

llian

I take all this on a regular basis, most daily. Zinc chelate, zinc lozenge, vitamin c, selenium, iodine, coq 10 pqq, bacopa, taurine, dha, magnesium chloride, calcirol, kuinone, Tocovit, retinil, defibron, energin, gonadin, oxidal, pyrucet, lapodin, potassium iodide, iodine in ethylethanol, threonine, lysine, proline, agmatine, niacinamide, theanine, methyl folate, inosine, born and apple pectin
Replace zinc with oysters and food like red meat and aim for a 8:1 zinc/copper ratio or even 10:1

Vitamin C you prolly get enough through your diet, Peat said that foods has more vitamin C than charts claim. His urine sample resulted more than 2000mg from his milk, OJ only days so you dont really need it

Drop selenium, iodine. Nobody is deficit in those since are present in almost every thing. Iodine supplementation will most likely make you hypothyroid long term

You dont really need Coq 10 if you take kuinone
PQQ is most likely harmful since it was banned by same country who banned fluoride and said it was toxic.
"...The scientific panel of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has recommended that fluoride, potato protein, willow bark extract, lemon balm and pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) must not be used in any food product as they are unsafe for human consumption."

Bacopa Monieri is full of heavy metals

You can keep taurine

Why you take DHA for?

Most of things you mentioned taking will most likely be counter productive long term and will make you worse like too much iodine supp, Peat said the only reason to take iodine is if you were exposed to some radiations or methylfolate if you are not deficient in MTHFR gene i dont see the reason for this. Also most of these can be well replaced by a well balanced diet and if taken individual will most likely deplect other things

I would keep taurine, retinol, kuinone, gonadin, calcirol, niacinamide, theanine, inosine (8mg/kg 2x/day no more than that) .

Last edited:
OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Replace zinc with oysters and food like red meat and aim for a 8:1 zinc/copper ratio or even 10:1

Vitamin C you prolly get enough through your diet, Peat said that foods has more vitamin C than charts claim. His urine sample resulted more than 2000mg from his milk, OJ only days so you dont really need it

Drop selenium, iodine. Nobody is deficit in those since are present in almost every thing. Iodine supplementation will most likely make you hypothyroid long term

You dont really need Coq 10 if you take kuinone
PQQ is most likely harmful since it was banned by same country who banned fluoride and said it was toxic.
"...The scientific panel of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has recommended that fluoride, potato protein, willow bark extract, lemon balm and pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) must not be used in any food product as they are unsafe for human consumption."

Bacopa Monieri is full of heavy metals

You can keep taurine

Why you take DHA for?

Most of things you mentioned taking will most likely be counter productive long term and will make you worse like too much iodine supp, Peat said the only reason to take iodine is if you were exposed to some radiations or methylfolate if you are not deficient in MTHFR gene i dont see the reason for this. Also most of these can be well replaced by a well balanced diet and if taken individual will most likely deplect other things

I would keep taurine, retinol, kuinone, gonadin, calcirol, niacinamide, theanine, inosine (8mg/kg 2x/day no more than that) .
Thank you! But I have to keep the Iodine. I use it mostly because it counteracts headaches effects from taurine and I am able to take higher doses of taurine when using iodine. These two are the only supplements I probably on feel effects from all I have taken. I also think Burtlancast have said a lot of positive things of iodine.

johnwester130

Since 2016 I have spent several thousand on supplements each year. I am a 21 year old male and I dont find myself that much healthier than when starting. I know I am moving out next year to start university so cant keep up with the current supplemental routine because of finances. What is a good baseline supplemental routine to keep healthy enough at a low enough cost? Any help appreciated.

A bottle of k2

b complex

my own bags of pregnenolone powder, dhea powder, testosterone powder and DHT powder.
Dissolved in approximately 15ml ethyl alcohol/15ml vitamin E or MCT oil/fractionated coconut oil

all from healthnatura, they are the best value for money when compared to idealabs.

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

A bottle of k2

b complex

my own bags of pregnenolone powder, dhea powder, testosterone powder and DHT powder.
Dissolved in approximately 15ml ethyl alcohol/15ml vitamin E or MCT oil/fractionated coconut oil

all from healthnatura, they are the best value for money when compared to idealabs.
Thanks! What healthnatura products are cheaper compared to idealabs?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals