FINALLY - 1 Piece Of The Puzzle Discovered. I Need More Of Your Insight

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This may sound ignorant but could my body be stuck in a crappy feedback loop? To be frank I was hoping for improvement considering how much better i try to treat myself since this all started. I seriously dont get it, it got worse..not even better..
Yes. Some people make progress with diet and lifestyle changes alone and others need supplements or meds. It would be ideal to be able to fix things simply through diet but many of us have issues going back decades or even to the womb and need a little extra help. There is no shame in that! There are many helpful members here who will be willing to share their experiences and opinions but you know yourself better than anyone else so ultimately you will need to weigh out the pros and cons of implementing specific changes. It's all a learning process but we are here to help as best we can.

OP
L

Luckytype

Im grateful for the forum. Im very grateful for critical thinkers and those of us who continue to question "the norm".

Looking forward to hearing everyones notes.

Im excited to actually break this cycle of prolactin.

OP
L

Luckytype

Vitamin A and P5P lower prolactin.
Thanks for the response. Ive been supplementing p5p ( 50mg) and choking down liver for quite some time now. Im not sure so much if they are helping.

OP
L

Luckytype

Would my higher prolactin levels be pushing my T3/4 to basically the bottom of the range?

I guess I overlooked it and just realizes how low they are

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Can someone suggest why I would choose one over the other when considering lisuride and metergoline?

@Blossom @Dhair ?
Sorry, I just saw this. I've only used bromocriptine and lisuride. Lisuride is supposed to be the safer of the two.

OP
L

Luckytype

Its all good, thanks for the input. I dont think these docs will prescribe bromo or caber so i think im gonna try lisuride in place metergoline with cypro.

How would you begin to decide between a t3/4 or mix supplement?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Its all good, thanks for the input. I dont think these docs will prescribe bromo or caber so i think im gonna try lisuride in place metergoline with cypro.

How would you begin to decide between a t3/4 or mix supplement?

I've used t3 only, NDT only and a t3/t4 combo at different times. When using small amounts of t3 only there is the advantage of it being a fast acting way to see how the body responds. Some find T3 only is not enough though. A combination t3/t4 seems particularly helpful for many before bed because the t4 is converted to t3 during sleep. Since T4 will build up in the system over a couple weeks it's wise to not increase the dose any more often than about every two weeks.

There is a lot of information on the forum about thyroid dosing and quite a bit of difference in what ultimately works for people. I highly recommend reading as much as possible just because there is some experimentation involved and one can never have too much information.

You should definitely keep your pulse and temps monitored and I suggest writing down the numbers so you can easily recognize any patterns. I hope others reply with their suggestions.

OP
L

Luckytype

Just wanted to thank everyone again.

I got my cortisol 24hr back and its normal, which is awesome. The 8am sample is about 50ish percent of what it was a year ago and my midnight sample is almost 0. One less variable to deal with.

Shows how resilliant the adrenals are but shows how diet can really take some of the stressors off the body.

If only my adrenal glands could talk about the past 10 years. Thanks again everyone

Can someone suggest why I would choose one over the other when considering lisuride and metergoline?

@Blossom @Dhair ?

On this I would go purely by how one makes you feel, you can read more into each one but the lisuride is a full dopamine agonist where metergoline is a partial dopamine agonist and serotonin antagonist, i didnt have much luck with metergoline, and had some success with lisuride, but out of all of them i enjoyed bromo the best

Ray recommends progesterone for lowering prolactin and vitamin e also can lower, but probably not near the effect of lisuride / meter

YourUniverse

On this I would go purely by how one makes you feel, you can read more into each one but the lisuride is a full dopamine agonist where metergoline is a partial dopamine agonist and serotonin antagonist, i didnt have much luck with metergoline, and had some success with lisuride, but out of all of them i enjoyed bromo the best

Ray recommends progesterone for lowering prolactin and vitamin e also can lower, but probably not near the effect of lisuride / meter
What lifestyle factors can cause a rise of prolactin? Conversely what factors can lower it?

What lifestyle factors can cause a rise of prolactin? Conversely what factors can lower it?

Masturbation can raise prolactin but aside from that

I can't give you a 100% answer bexauae prolactin doesn't have much info that I've been able to dig around. I can tell you if you are hypothyroid this can cause it, its weird that it even rises in men because it is primarily a female hormone, estrogen I believe can raise it or prolactin raises estrogen.

Vitamin b6 10 mg, zinc, salt are things that can also help to lower it. It opposes dopamine and I've had high prolactin and felt like complete ***t from it so I can definitely back this up. Vitamin a helps with dopamine production so I imagine this would also help as well.

Peat has also recommended either vitex or vitrex to assist in lowering it.

whit

So on the VitD thing should I then be megadosing basically? Ive been on like 5k IU a day. Maybe bump to 8k a day? Ive truly been trying my best but I dont know what is using so much of it.

I would be careful in dosing vit. D too high. Vit K2 however is much safer.
Topically is good for the fat solubles.
I didn't see much progress until I started raising my K.
Liver is a good source of K in ruminants.
My understanding is that it synergistically activates the other fat solubles making them all more effective.
Generally a dose of 15mg K2 twice a week is good but more is ok.
It was subtle at first but when I stopped K for a while I became aware it was greatly needed.
Sodium and Calcium can help lower prolactin as well.
+1 on the Vitex.
Cheers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals