Heavy bleeding

Blossom

Forum Supporter
100mg is the recommended dose for ovarian cysts. Usually once works but sometimes a second dose is necessary. I will try to find which KMUD radio interview where this is mentioned and let you know so you can listen to it if you'd like.

OP
H

Hoodlt

Thanks Blossom! Can I ask how you did the 100 mg for the cyst? All at once, or spread out and if spread out, how?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hoodlt said:
Thanks Blossom! Can I ask how you did the 100 mg for the cyst? All at once, or spread out and if spread out, how?
All at once.

OP
H

Hoodlt

I am going to give it a shot. My body seems to be absolutely stuck in period mode. It quits for a few hours and then comes back. Large clots with some of it. Good thing I like liver.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hoodlt said:
I am going to give it a shot. My body seems to be absolutely stuck in period mode. It quits for a few hours and then comes back. Large clots with some of it. Good thing I like liver.
I sure hope that helps Hoodit. Maybe some women who have had similar issues will reply. Please keep us posted.

Peatri Dish

Hi Hoodit
I just wanted to chime in and let you know that, although I did not have the heavy bleeding issue, I had a similar moment of doubt with progest e. I have been using it with good results since January. I'm still cycling fairly normally. I'll be 49 next week. I was taking it for general PMS as part of healing to overall malaise of aging. So, I was watching the bulging veins on my hands and dosing every 10 minutes until they subsided. That went well and I ordered two bottles for the following month because I was ready to continue whatever dose is needed to keep the veins down (sign of estrogen)
Then I had some breakthrough bleeding in the middle of my cycle. I panicked a bit. I thought maybe I'd overdone the progest e. Then cam a month of no progest e and all the old symptoms:edema,headache,interrupted sleep,crankiness, etc. I couldn't wait to get my period so I could take some progest e again. Sometimes I have to stop doing what works to remind myself what works. Also, every measure that Ray Peat's research has pointed me towards has worked and worked wonders! I should have guessed that I was just shedding a little build up there and that everything was going to be OK. But I have to give myself permission to pull back for a minute if I feel a little fear. We are taught that doctors are Gods and that we shouldn't trust our intuition or our own bodies because scary things like cancer can be growing there.
That's what makes this forum great because we can all share our experience and now we have a knowledge base about these things.
Stay the course and read some of Dr Peats work about regeneration. Our bodies are amazing. They just need a little support from us!

OP
H

Hoodlt

Thank you so much for these words. Most of the time I trust my body so much more than the doctors but then I have my moments. I do in the back of my mind think that the heavy/continuous flow is a way of my body trying to shed all the excess estrogen and that is way better than my friends who have had breast cancer with estrogen-receptor tumors. I think that once I get this under control, I will just keep taking it with no breaks. Time to rebuild me. Thank you again!

messtafarian

:). Hey there:

I remember those days. You sound exactly like I did about eighteen months ago; and that was after a full two years of bleeding just like that with absolutely no relief. I'd lay in bed on a towel; I would lie in the bathtub and just bleed. I was very private about it and extremely tidy so when I would describe this whole thing I don't think anyone believed me.

Eventually it resolved into full blown menopause ( I hope) and hot flashes that sort of come and go. Progesterone absolutely saved my life but at the time I was so freaked out by the bleeding I quit my job. I couldn't go to work without two changes of clothes and spent most of my time in the ladies room anyway.

Every time I talked to Ray Peat that year, he would gently herd me towards considering supplementing thyroid. I am hyp*er* thyroid so no doctor would prescribe and they kept telling me I might have a thyroid storm even though my physical symptoms were obviously low thyroid.

You should be near the end of this; I remember regulating with progesterone and then feeling absolutely heavy with hormones when it was time to stop taking progesterone once a month. The entire protocol helps but progesterone and thyroid I think help the most of all. It's been about three months since I had a period at all and I think my blood iron count is normalizing.

It all normalizes, slowly but surely. You're ok. :)

OP
H

Hoodlt

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have amazed myself how I have survived some pretty tough circumstances. Luckily, I am a traveling teacher so I can swing home in between kiddos and count it as my prep. I have read that ibuprofen can stop the flooding and I never take that but have considered it. I wonder if aspirin will do the same? I know I am hypo but tests come back okay so no one will treat. I take over the counter dessicated thyroid but don't think it is strong enough. If anyone has some ideas on how to start with some thyroid meds without a doctor, I am all ears. I am looking forward to menopause, hot flashes and all to be done with the bleeding. Thank you again.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Many of us have to order thyroid online. Some people use NDT from pimpomproduct. I've been getting a synthetic t4/t3 combination called cynoplus from http://www.farmaciasdelnino.mx. They also carry a t3 only product called cytomel.

OP
H

Hoodlt

Finally got the 10 week period to stop. I am back to my Progest-e on a regular basis (and will not be without it again). Now to work on the thyroid. My temps are low and have been for years, even though all the other tests come back "normal." My iron seems to be going back up pretty well, too. Thanks all!

OP
H

Hoodlt

Progest-E seems to be the ticket. All good and now working on healing thyroid and getting rid of the weight from all this mess.

OP
H

Hoodlt

Addendum...! So, After over a year of following Peat (but not as well as I probably should have!), I am balanced and healthy. The weight is more than it should be but I am slow to give up my beloved grains (though not nearly as much as I used to!). I enjoy all the OJ and coffee with milk and sugar I desire. I am on Thyroid-S. I sleep like a baby and get a normal cycle every 30 days. I am still in peri-menopause but not suffering at all. My sister-in-law who went the medical route is now in stage IV endometrium cancer and suffering horrible. She just had a radical hysterectomy and is scheduled for radiation and chemo. Please pray for her. I cannot express how grateful I am to ALL of you and Ray Peat. Thank you! XO :P

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]Hoodlt[/ref], wow! That is so awesome! The success stories are rolling in! :claporange

Praying for your sister-in-law. :pray

:hattip

moss

Hi Hoodit

Wanted to let you know your post was particularly helpful to me when I was going through some similar symptoms and happy to report those symptoms have been resolved as well and indeed, thanks to Ray Peat.
Sorry to hear of your sister-in-law, each to their own...

Great to hear you are doing so well and feel balanced and healthy.

Ewelina

Congratulations Hoodit!
I can also testify that Progest-E is very effective against heavy bleeding. However, in my case, histamine is something that can mess all my hormones and bring back estrogen dominance symptoms despite taking Progest.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the update hoodit! I'm so pleased to hear things have improved for you. I'll keep your sister-in-law in my prayers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals