tracking ovulation

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ladies I have a unique situation and I'm looking for some feedback from anyone with experience tracking ovulation with either an ovulation thermometer or another method. My reason for doing this is that I don't have a menstrual cycle due to no longer having a uterus but I can tell from my bodies feedback that I would still have a period if I had my uterus. I've been on Progest-e for 8 months now uninterrupted and I feel it is time to switch to taking it with my cycles. First I need to pinpoint where I'm at in my cycle and I thought tracking my temps with the ovulation thermometer would be a logical place to start. My plan is to track and record for 30 days. Since I've never done this I decided to see if anyone here has practical experience in this area. Thanks in advance. :D

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
CellularIconoclast said:
My wife said the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler is really good for learning how to do this. The book talks about how to do it, and she has a website where you can download a PDF chart to assist with the tracking: http://www.tcoyf.com/content/MasterCharts.aspx
Great! Thank you and tell your wife thanks too!

Blossom, after you look into this stuff I would be interested to hear your thoughts on integrating this with Broda Barnes and Ray Peat's ideas to improve metabolism and track cycles at the same time.

It seems like the idea of "97.8 to 98.2 on waking" is really only meaningful for men and the recommendations for women (like take only one data point a month) sound confusing and impossible to follow.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
CellularIconoclast said:
Blossom, after you look into this stuff I would be interested to hear your thoughts on integrating this with Broda Barnes and Ray Peat's ideas to improve metabolism and track cycles at the same time.

It seems like the idea of "97.8 to 98.2 on waking" is really only meaningful for men and the recommendations for women (like take only one data point a month) sound confusing and impossible to follow.
I agree. I'll definitely report back. I do feel like I'm at the most stable point thus far on my Peat journey. In the beginning with the hormonal variations and no menstruation as an obvious indicator of where I was in my cycle things were quite confusing. I really wasn't even sure if I still had cycles since I had been treated for premature menopause with estrogen :shock:. I just took comfort in knowing everything I was doing was shifting my metabolism toward healing! I think it would be really great if some other women wanted to join in and compile data on how this all seems to tie together in their experience. Great idea!