Help For Messed Up Periods Heavy Blood Loss

chiara

Hi I am Chiara I am 31 years old.

I used to have normal cycles until the gynaecologist has suggest I take the anticonception pill ( mocronelle 30ED) for 2 consecutive months to see if that would help with some strong period pain, which are suspected as endometriosis.

the pill did help with the pain, how heaver I did non like the side effects of it so I stopped it and decided to manage this suspected endometriosis, with changing my diet as suggested from Laura Briden author of the "period pain manual".

After 3 weeks from stopping the pill I started to get my period back, it was normal at the beginning but all of a sudden on day number two I started to loose a huge amount of blood and really big blood cloths, which caused me to go to emergency department where they treated me with some tranexamic acid (cyclocapron) to help to stop the bleeding.
I had to have an iron infusion as my heamoglobin levels where very low.
As I was supposed to go to India in 4 weeks then (to undertake an intensive yoga training), so gyno prescribed me to take medroxyprogesterone acetate ( Ralovera) 1 10mg tablet a day until I get to India and the stop and if period comes back heavy take some cyclocapron.
I took Ralovera for 5 days and then decided I didn't want to put any more of them synthetic hormones in my body so I stopped.

today witch is 6 days after I stopped to take Ralovera I am starting to bleed again.

I feel a mess, I don't trust the gyno. A good friend of my give me a bottle of the progesterone E complex witch is why now I began to know about doctor Ray Peat and reading his articles.

my question is: could progesterone E complex help me? when should I start taking it? and on witch doses?

I would really appreciate some help to better understand how to use the progesterone on my case, to restore a normal cycle pattern.
I also fear that I will be unwell in India, I am now supposed to leave in 2 weeks and started panicking.

kind regards
Chiara

tara

I would really appreciate some help to better understand how to use the progesterone on my case, to restore a normal cycle pattern.
I am not an expert, not professional expertise. But at least some people here have had help with reducing heavy blood flow by supplementing progesterone in the form of progest-e.
Here is a related thread: Heavy bleeding

The progest-e has real progesterone, like what your body produces. The medroxy... version you had was probably a synthetic chemical with some similarities to progesterone, but also some differences that may be less desirable (eg more estrogenic).
You have maybe seen Peat's articles on progesterone and estrogen? Ray Peat

tara

I also fear that I will be unwell in India, I am now supposed to leave in 2 weeks and started panicking.
I think it is wise of you to address this before you go travelling.

Have you had any more tests since your iron infusion to see if you have enough now? If you are still low, liver is a rich source, and has other benefits too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals