Feeling Terrible After Very Heavy Period.......

eblack

(Possible TMI) I had a very heavy period a week ago and lost a lot a blood in large clots. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling VERY weak and dizzy and like I was going to pass out. I had used Progest-E when the clots started, thinking I might be able to stop them. The bleeding has stopped, but I am still waking in the night with a bad headache that won't go away. Also I am still feeling light headed and dizzy at times. Any suggestions for this headache and dizziness?

purelaur

you need iron to counter a heavy blood loss. get yourself a nice juicy grassfed steak and a glass of OJ.

OP
E

eblack

Thank you for your response. I actually was so nauseous from the migraine that it was hard to eat. I ended up taking several drops of Progest-E which helped and then followed your suggestion of meat and OJ. I am feeling a little better.

tara

:welcome eblack

Sorry you hit a rough spot, and glad you are improving. I'm not qualified to judge what is going on for you, but I have a couple of thoughts. If you continue to get dizzy spells to the point of danger and/or heavy bleeding resumes, you might want to get to some professional medical advice (whether or not you then follow that advice). If you get any more information, you are welcome to bring it here if you want to.

I get light-headed and dizzy if I don't eat. And I get migraines, which surely undermine appetite and digestion. I haven't found a way to stop them once they are underway without strong drugs. I'm still working on figuring out healing and prevention. For me, hunger can be a trigger for headaches and migraines, sometimes even if i can't tell I'm hungry.

Have you tried making sure you get regular small feeds, eg milk or juice, including supper and maybe even in the night when you wake up?

For me, I can get trouble if I get too little salt, and either too little or too much fluids.

Have you been using the progest-e regularly for a while, or just started with this recent episode? My understanding is that estrogen sets off the bleeding, and progesterone counteracts the estrogen and slows or stops the bleeding. So heavy bleeding may indicate too high estrogen wrt progesterone, which could well be why it stopped when you added extra progesterone. If someone else has a better explanation please add to or correct this.

If it was really long and heavy bleeding, you may have depelted more than just iron. Actually, it is common for people to have too much iron, and Peat generally recommends a low iron diet. So you may or may not have run yourself low on that - may not be able to know without testing. But you may simply need a bit extra of everything to recover. Don't know how much of a look you've taken at Peat's diet ideas, but there are a number of things that can help improve hormone balance, in addition to the progest-e.

If you haven't seen it, you might find this thread interesting - hoodlt also had trouble with heavy bleeding. viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3683

Take care.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals