Supplemental minimalism

Perry Staltic

Do you have any good brands? I have used Idealabs, but it will simply be too expensive for me in the future.

I can't say if it's good or bad because I haven't used it that long, but I use Garden of Life mykind organics. It's kind of pricey for my tastes (about $18/month), but I get it "free" with my insurance, so I figured I'd give it a try. I may continue with this, but at the moment I consider myself still looking for a good multivitamin. This particular multivitamin lacks magnesium, iodine and copper because everything comes from organic fruits and vegetables. Also doesn't have much zinc (for my perceived needs).

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you Hans! I think my diet is good, but I dont "feel" that healthy really. I will start higher doses thiamine and will consider starting allithiamine like you mentioned could be good after a call we had (which everbody reading I totally recommend you buy because Hans is very smart and knows his stuff). I use red light daily and I have adequate levels of Vitamin D now, but they used to be low all my life.
Cool man. :)
In terms of diet, milk, cocoa powder, fresh oysters, mussels, occasional liver and other organ meat, whole fruit and/or fruit juice, some yolks and daily bone broth are the foods that make the most difference for me. With this mix I get several times the RDA of most of my nutrients. It's all easy to digest, doesn't cause digestive issues, keeps my blood sugar stable, helps with recovery from exercise, and helps with sleep, which is basically the most important foods for restoring/maintaining health for me.

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Cool man. :)
In terms of diet, milk, cocoa powder, fresh oysters, mussels, occasional liver and other organ meat, whole fruit and/or fruit juice, some yolks and daily bone broth are the foods that make the most difference for me. With this mix I get several times the RDA of most of my nutrients. It's all easy to digest, doesn't cause digestive issues, keeps my blood sugar stable, helps with recovery from exercise, and helps with sleep, which is basically the most important foods for restoring/maintaining health for me.
That sounded like my diet, except for the organ meats and oysters, but might try it out even though I can only find frozen liver and canned oysters. Have to take a break from the meat now since I have gained a lot of weight since I had to reduce gym time due to an injury. Could eat basically anything without gaining fat since I used to do consistent strength training 3 times a week and did not gain after doing this for about 4 years. But will probably test out with more organ meats. if available, after I lose about 30-35 ish lbs.

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

We use Mitolife pufa protect. It’s an mct base. We’ve been using for about a year and we haven’t had any issues with it. ??
Thank you! Sure its great, but it looks a bit expensive for my taste sadly.

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

I can't say if it's good or bad because I haven't used it that long, but I use Garden of Life mykind organics. It's kind of pricey for my tastes (about $18/month), but I get it "free" with my insurance, so I figured I'd give it a try. I may continue with this, but at the moment I consider myself still looking for a good multivitamin. This particular multivitamin lacks magnesium, iodine and copper because everything comes from organic fruits and vegetables. Also doesn't have much zinc (for my perceived needs).
Ok, thank you!

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Thanks guys! I see that I forgot to mention the supplements I was taking but I take all this on a regular basis, most daily. Zinc chelate, zinc lozenge, vitamin c, selenium, iodine, coq 10 pqq, bacopa, taurine, dha, magnesium chloride, calcirol, kuinone, Tocovit, retinil, defibron, energin, gonadin, oxidal, pyrucet, lapodin, potassium iodide, iodine in ethylethanol, threonine, lysine, proline, agmatine, niacinamide, theanine, methyl folate and inosine.
Forgot Boron and Apple Pectin

David90

Which magnesium chloride do you use? I take it daily, but its not affordable for me long term.
A Normal Magnesium Oil from Amazon. It is Certified. It costs almost 50€ (5KG Canister). I have buy'ed it a Year ago and it still isn't Empty..... lol

I Spray like 70-80 Shots (Undiluted) over the Chest, Legs and Throat (Thyroid Area). I Sleep like a Rock from that.....

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

A Normal Magnesium Oil from Amazon. It is Certified. It costs almost 50€ (5KG Canister). I have buy'ed it a Year ago and it still isn't Empty..... lol

I Spray like 70-80 Shots (Undiluted) over the Chest, Legs and Throat (Thyroid Area). I Sleep like a Rock from that.....
Do you mind sending the link? All I can find are books about magnesium chloride lol.

cjm

Do you mind sending the link? All I can find are books about magnesium chloride lol.

Don't forget about magnesium bicarbonate. Can be made with a can of carbonated water and dollar store milk of magnesia. Highly bioavailable, no laxative effect, no residue or irritation from topical MgCl, if that becomes an issue. Epsom salt baths are good on a budget.

stsfut

Typically no supplements are needed if your diet is good or if you're relatively healthy.
During stress, magnesium, aspirin and vitamin B1 can be very helpful.
Also making sure your vitamin D is optimal is very necessary, so this might be the only 1 necessary to supplement if you can't get enough light. Alternatively, you can always get a vitamin D lamp.
@Hans how about Vit K if taking aspirin or other cofactors when taking Vit B1? Specifically B6...I haven’t found anything in literature but I’m almost positive that taking large B1 doses depletes my B6 and causes my Seb Derm to flare. I’m trying to minimalize my supps too but its hard because if you take one thing, gotta take something else for it too

hierundjetzt

Don't forget about magnesium bicarbonate. Can be made with a can of carbonated water and dollar store milk of magnesia. Highly bioavailable, no laxative effect, no residue or irritation from topical MgCl, if that becomes an issue. Epsom salt baths are good on a budget.
Strangely I always have a laxative effect with magnesium bicarbonate, that's why I stopped making it.

cjm

Strangely I always have a laxative effect with magnesium bicarbonate, that's why I stopped making it.

That is strange, unless the MgOH wasn't fully dissolved or the dose was too high.

In all honesty, mine started getting loose around 1600mg (1 tsp MgOH) but it wasn't unpleasant, and that's at 4x the RDA. It never happened at 400mg (1/4 tsp), rarely and mildly at 800mg (1/2 tsp).

Did you ever try low doses like 100-200mg? I haven't. That would be interesting to try long-term.

But it's like 26 cents a day to get the RDA this way, so hey.

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Is it hard to make? I mostly used Magnesium Chloride because of stuff burtlancast has said.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans how about Vit K if taking aspirin or other cofactors when taking Vit B1? Specifically B6...I haven’t found anything in literature but I’m almost positive that taking large B1 doses depletes my B6 and causes my Seb Derm to flare. I’m trying to minimalize my supps too but its hard because if you take one thing, gotta take something else for it too
Yeah, you can combine vitamin K2 with aspirin. It's always good to provide all the Bs when taking high doses of B1. Dr Lonsdale recommends taking a regular B complex with high doses of B1.

cjm

Is it hard to make? I mostly used Magnesium Chloride because of stuff burtlancast has said.

Not hard at all. Mix, shake, chill, and wait. 5-10 minutes. Easier with a Sodastream but more initial cost. I recall vaguely reading burt's posts on MgCl. Was it used for infections? Another user @tyw used Betaine Hcl that way, which by the way might be another cheap, indispensable supplement to keep close. The advantage of mag bicarb is the bioavailability and relative lack of acidity.

ReSTART

Thanks guys! I see that I forgot to mention the supplements I was taking but I take all this on a regular basis, most daily. Zinc chelate, zinc lozenge, vitamin c, selenium, iodine, coq 10 pqq, bacopa, taurine, dha, magnesium chloride, calcirol, kuinone, Tocovit, retinil, defibron, energin, gonadin, oxidal, pyrucet, lapodin, potassium iodide, iodine in ethylethanol, threonine, lysine, proline, agmatine, niacinamide, theanine, methyl folate and inosine.
Wow that’s a lot, have you cut any out?

OP
Lee Simeon

Lee Simeon

Not hard at all. Mix, shake, chill, and wait. 5-10 minutes. Easier with a Sodastream but more initial cost. I recall vaguely reading burt's posts on MgCl. Was it used for infections? Another user @tyw used Betaine Hcl that way, which by the way might be another cheap, indispensable supplement to keep close. The advantage of mag bicarb is the bioavailability and relative lack of acidity.
Thank you, do you have a tutorial you use?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals