Suddenly slow digestion?

FitnessMike

I never had this problem, for the past 2 weeks i had very slow digestion, with food coming up.

Eating same amounts and same foods really, not much changed.

Truth

I never had this problem, for the past 2 weeks i had very slow digestion, with food coming up.

Eating same amounts and same foods really, not much changed.
Hi, any changes in supplements, medications, lifestyle factors such as weight training? Feeling cold or cold extrémities ?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Hi, any changes in supplements, medications, lifestyle factors such as weight training? Feeling cold or cold extrémities ?
Increased thyroxine, started taking desiccated organs and thats it really, no cold feeling and metabolism slowly is picking up with thyroid

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Truth

Liver, kidney, heart
In my experience, liver and kidneys can commonly participate in food reflux, even when potentially associated with other positive effects

if you perceive benefits from taking these organ supplements even while having reflux, I suggest you do not eat foods that require stronger digestion such as muscle meat specifically after taking the supplements

If you don't perceive any benefits worth experiencing reflux, I suggest you stop taking the organ supplements and see if the reflux disappears

Last edited:

AdR

In my experience, liver and kidneys can commonly participate in food reflux, even when potentially associated with other positive effects

if you perceive benefits from taking these organ supplements even while having reflux, I suggest you do not eat foods that require stronger digestion such as muscle meat specifically after taking the supplements

If you don't perceive any benefits worth experiencing reflux, I suggest you stop taking the organ supplements and see if the reflux disappears
especially liver it is very high in iron, cholesterol, ffa which can oxidize easily.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Ill try stoping it again and see if it helps, but its such a low dosage..

Liver, kidney, heart
Like @AdR , and Ray Peat said desiccated organs have some toxicity…

1703185989646.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

there is 1g of desicted liver per serving, which seems unlikely to have a negative effect.

I wonder if synthetic t4 or its adjuvants could hurt digestion

Truth

there is 1g of desicted liver per serving, which seems unlikely to have a negative effect.
How many total grams of organs (from supplements) do you consume per day? Do they give the wet weight or the dried weight?

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

How many total grams of organs (from supplements) do you consume per day? Do they give the wet weight or the dried weight?
Gram of each so 3g in total, dried weight seems like

Truth

Gram of each so 3g in total, dried weight seems like
I've seen this on internet, I remember seeing similar claims coming from sites or emails from certain sellers:

"Most beef organ meat supplements call for 3000 milligrams as day, or about ¾ of 1 teaspoon.

This doesn’t sound like much, but keep in mind that organs are both nutrient-packed and desiccated (dried).

In their fresh state, the majority of organ meats are water. For example 3000 g of dried beef organs are nutritionally equivalent to around 1 oz (28 g) of beef organs. "

These organs can have positive or negative effects even when consuming quantities such as 30 to 50 grams(fresh wet weight), not only liver

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I've seen this on internet, I remember seeing similar claims coming from sites or emails from certain sellers:

"Most beef organ meat supplements call for 3000 milligrams as day, or about ¾ of 1 teaspoon.

This doesn’t sound like much, but keep in mind that organs are both nutrient-packed and desiccated (dried).

In their fresh state, the majority of organ meats are water. For example 3000 g of dried beef organs are nutritionally equivalent to around 1 oz (28 g) of beef organs. "

These organs can have positive or negative effects even when consuming quantities such as 30 to 50 grams(fresh wet weight), not only liver
Well many thanks mate, Let see if something happens if I drop them.

Ill try to update later.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Could it be a-lot of dairy or not enough salt?

Truth

Could it be a-lot of dairy or not enough salt?
Hi, for too many dairy products, in my experience to much milk can contribute to reflux, especially when you drink more than a certain quantity in autumn/winter, when there is little intense sunlight and/or when you lose little water

In my experience, a diet low in salt is very unlikely to contribute to reflux, as we generally eat foods that seem to require better digestion with salt

youngsinatra

I recently got my digestive system to a halt after I experimented with big doses of biotin for a few days. — low HCL, little to no bile flow, indigestion, slow motility - but funnily also signs of sympathetic nervous system dominance like rapid heart beat, dry mouth, dry eyes, shrinkage of the genitals, cold hands.

I took the vitamin that competes with biotin for the same transport carrier protein (vitamin B5) in the gut. I thought B5 might got depleted by the biotin and was insufficient to be begin with prior to the biotin experiment.

Within a few hours of taking 100mg of B5 these symptoms resolved, normalized my GI tract function and my nervous system was able to get into true parasympathetic state again. (good bile flow, motility, good saliva flow, no dry eyes, heart rate slowing down, blood flow increased)

This comment might seem unrelated to your situation, but in the past I frequently noticed similar things happening when I ate or took things that are anticholinergic. Digestion is the first thing that goes down afterwards. And liver is definitely anticholinergic in my experience! (due to the vitamin A & copper)

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I recently got my digestive system to a halt after I experimented with big doses of biotin for a few days. — low HCL, little to no bile flow, indigestion, slow motility - but funnily also signs of sympathetic nervous system dominance like rapid heart beat, dry mouth, dry eyes, shrinkage of the genitals, cold hands.

I took the vitamin that competes with biotin for the same transport carrier protein (vitamin B5) in the gut. I thought B5 might got depleted by the biotin and was insufficient to be begin with prior to the biotin experiment.

Within a few hours of taking 100mg of B5 these symptoms resolved, normalized my GI tract function and my nervous system was able to get into true parasympathetic state again. (good bile flow, motility, good saliva flow, no dry eyes, heart rate slowing down, blood flow increased)

This comment might seem unrelated to your situation, but in the past I frequently noticed similar things happening when I ate or took things that are anticholinergic. Digestion is the first thing that goes down afterwards. And liver is definitely anticholinergic in my experience! (due to the vitamin A & copper)
all i hear your saying is fu*k supplements hehe, honestly the less the better, too bad you can't do any egg yolks for choline, I eat 2-3 a day with salt.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals