Not Sure About Sugar. First Foot Fungus Infection Ever And My Digestion Sucks More Than Ever

Motif

Coincidence?
My digestion is so bad.
Eating an apple 30 minutes before working out and I get nausea while working out and have to stop cause I'm barley throwing up.
Other food even worse hours before working out.
I have to work out many hours after eating to avoid that.

And that fungal infection sucks too. Never had something like that before

I eat about 150 g white sugar daily.
Trying to eat nutrient dense foods, but it's not easy with histamine issues.

Runenight201

I’ve cut my refined sugar intake way back and I feel much better.

I put maybe a couple tea sooons in my tea and use maple syrup in my coffee/cereal, but other than that I’ve found that refined sucrose can really mess me up. Not in a brain fog debilitating way, but an overenergetic, over urination, and then subsequently go cold type of way.

I also noticed too much fruit juice/refined sucrose is TERRIBLE for my white toungue and acne, so I think excess does feed pathogenic creatures in the body.

I’d recommend sticking to fruits, and easily digestible ones. Apple sauce, ripe bananas, mandarins, peaches, pears.

I buy em canned to ensure optimal ripeness. I figure bpa is the lesser of the evil in terms of eating nasty unripe fruit.

Cirion

Also, it can be easy to get overzealous starting out with RP style eating and think it's ALL about sugar. You still need protein and fats. I usually don't feel right if I eat carbs by themselves even if it is a wholesome source. Protein, carbs, and fats should be together in a meal for all 3 nutrients to be utilized correctly (the enzymes for each macronutrient are synergestic with each other).

Also, unfortunately, most people starting off on RP have deranged carbohydrate metabolism, and are used to running off of dietary fat (stress hormones), which makes the process a little unpleasant starting off. I liken it to trying to run a gasoline powered car with diesel, and slowly making alterations to your engine to where it can handle diesel. At first it is gonna complain like crazy, but the transition takes some time.

Last edited:

Runenight201

I agree on the carbohydrate on its own.

About the only time I think it’s a smart thing to do is if one is about exercise, as the quick increase in blood sugar is pretty useful for muscle glycogen synthesis and performance.

Most other times tho carbs on their own I have found to be over exciting.

jitsmonkey

if digestion is bad a raw apple is likely a crappy idea.
eating tons of refined sugar and combining that with a nutrient deficient diet is a recipe for disaster please stop.
The problem isn't the sugar its everything else.
I understand you have issues that limit your ability to add nutrient density which is fine
stacking 150g of refined sugar on top of that is a mistake.
The problem isn't sugar, the problem is misuse of the tool.
No different than chopping your hand off with a circular saw.
If you use the tool wrong things get sideways.
Your thread title "not sure about sugar...." implies something that's probably accurate...
maybe you should in fact consider less sugar consumption

(and for the record I eat at least a cup of white sugar daily, not including coke
so I'm not against refined sugar I think its an incredibly useful and healing tool
but only in the right context and unquestionably part of that context is an extremely
nutrient dense diet)

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Co
if digestion is bad a raw apple is likely a crappy idea.
eating tons of refined sugar and combining that with a nutrient deficient diet is a recipe for disaster please stop.
The problem isn't the sugar its everything else.
I understand you have issues that limit your ability to add nutrient density which is fine
stacking 150g of refined sugar on top of that is a mistake.
The problem isn't sugar, the problem is misuse of the tool.
No different than chopping your hand off with a circular saw.
If you use the tool wrong things get sideways.
Your thread title "not sure about sugar...." implies something that's probably accurate...
maybe you should in fact consider less sugar consumption

(and for the record I eat at least a cup of white sugar daily, not including coke
so I'm not against refined sugar I think its an incredibly useful and healing tool
but only in the right context and unquestionably part of that context is an extremely
nutrient dense diet)

Could you tell me how your diet looks like?

Zpol

I worked with Jeanne and Josh from East West Healing. They are Ray Peat inspired and have done several interviews with him. They stress that eating balanced macros at every meal or snack is the best way to heal. Doc Peat recommends sucrose (mainly in the form of easily digestible fruit) eaten along with protein (and a little fat) to assist in giving liver enough glucose to fully digest all the protein. Although Doc Peat does enjoy white sugar and coke, he recommends fruit as the main source for carb due to the nutrients. I think 40% carb, 30%protein, 30% fatis a good starting place.

jitsmonkey

Co

Could you tell me how your diet looks like?

My diet is irrelevant.
The forum is chock full of dietary variants/ideas etc...
Your issue is how you're approaching your problem not what diet I think you should eat.
If you have that many problems you need to simply begin with what you CAN eat
and build from there. My point was simply that you can't just add a ton of sugar on top of a nutrient poor diet.

If you like what you've read from Ray (assuming you've read an ample amount of Ray's work and not just this forum) then consider foods you've read he's recommended and ask yourself "which of these foods CAN I eat without distress?" and start there.

What I can say is that if your histamine levels are so high that its harming the density of your diet then benadryl or cyproheptadine (safe anti histamines) are medications I'd investigate along with Cascara Sagrada and Activated Charcoal (help with your digestive/gut issues). Most people trying to eat around high histamine are malnourished and the problem
just spirals. Safe anti-histamines combined with a more nutrient dense diet opens the door of opportunity to more sugar, more fuel, less stress, etc....

Malnutrition ==>Malfunction ==> Maladaption.... this is the circular cycle most are trapped in
and the circle has to be broken somewhere. So if you can't eat properly to break the cycle then you need
to interrupt it in some other way.

OP
M

Motif

oysters, Shrimps, mushrooms, coconut water, milk, curd, mozerella, cottage cheese, cream, ice cream, oats, apples, melon, bananas, rice, salt, butter, coconut oil, chicken , sometimes beef but can't tolerate it, broccoli , carrots, cauliflower, sometimes other veggies.

That's pretty much what I eat.

The Problem is I cant eat a lot. The only thing I can easily eat tons from is stuff like ice cream, yogurt, Selfmade cake and stuff like this. I need to work on that

Runenight201

Try eating more varied things that complement well in a single sitting, I’ve found that this increases nutrient diversity and also allows for consuming more energy in one sitting.

OP
M

Motif

Try eating more varied things that complement well in a single sitting, I’ve found that this increases nutrient diversity and also allows for consuming more energy in one sitting.

Could you elaborate ?

Runenight201

Let’s say I need 800 calories for my meal to provide enough energy for good mood, energy, focus, etc... for the next couple hours.

If I were to try and eat 800 calories of rice, I would only be able to get to maybe 300-400 calories before my body would be sick of rice and have had enough.

If I don’t have other foods to meet the calorie sink, my energy and mood will tank.

However, if I can meet those additional calories with lentils, meat, veggies, fruit, sugar, etc... then I feel pleasantly satiated and with proper energy for the next couple hours until I need to eat again.

The exact combinations at the exact times are highly, highly variable, and it takes lots of self-experimentation and awareness to figure out what works and what blends together well.

I like it tho because it involves creativity, imagination, to blend together different meals that I think would taste good. Usually when i get it right, and the meal is delicious, I find it to be highly pro-metabolic, de-stressing, and health promoting.

OP
M

Motif

Ah i got you. Yeah will try this.
This is really a huge problem for me. Never was able to eat much. Besides sugary stuff

I’m not sure how it’s so hard for so many people to stick to nutrient VERY dense foods. Use cronometer if needed.

You can literally plug in large servings of:
- fruit
- fruit juice
- leafy greens
- game meat
- seafood
- goat milk

And *everything* will be covered. This is what the base of your pyramid should look like before dealing with sugar, supplements, packaged foods and whatnot.
Betaine HCL and/or vinegar to aid digestion if needed. It’s not hard at all. My grocery shopping is about 5’ long... produce aisle, sea+meat aisle, done.

SOMO

Fruit > Agave > Honey > Maple Syrup > White Sugar

White sugar is devoid of nutrients and if you're eating white sugar you could be speeding up your metabolism unnecessarily without the vitamins/minerals needed to make that improvement in metabolism.

Peater Piper

I’m not sure how it’s so hard for so many people to stick to nutrient VERY dense foods. Use cronometer if needed.

You can literally plug in large servings of:
- fruit
- fruit juice
- leafy greens
- game meat
- seafood
- goat milk

And *everything* will be covered. This is what the base of your pyramid should look like before dealing with sugar, supplements, packaged foods and whatnot.
Betaine HCL and/or vinegar to aid digestion if needed. It’s not hard at all. My grocery shopping is about 5’ long... produce aisle, sea+meat aisle, done.
Problem is a number of the foods you listed are quite capable of causing digestive distress in some people that Betaine HCL and/or vinegar won't necessarily fix. When the number of tolerable foods is limited, it can make it very hard to get adequate calories and nutrition, which in turn makes it difficult to fix certain health problems and improve digestive function.

Problem is a number of the foods you listed are quite capable of causing digestive distress in some people that Betaine HCL and/or vinegar won't necessarily fix. When the number of tolerable foods is limited, it can make it very hard to get adequate calories and nutrition, which in turn makes it difficult to fix certain health problems and improve digestive function.

I don't think that's true. I've reversed SIBO in a friend and Crohn's in another within days. Fruit juice, lettuce, meat, seafood for them. With the extra potatoes and basmati for the calories, and mineral water with high Calcium. The goal of my post is showing that a handful of foods give you all the micros in great balance.

fradon

Coincidence?
My digestion is so bad.
Eating an apple 30 minutes before working out and I get nausea while working out and have to stop cause I'm barley throwing up.
Other food even worse hours before working out.
I have to work out many hours after eating to avoid that.

And that fungal infection sucks too. Never had something like that before

I eat about 150 g white sugar daily.
Trying to eat nutrient dense foods, but it's not easy with histamine issues.

let me do the math here...let me see 39 g is 10 teaspoons so you are eating like 30 teaspoons which is 10 tablespoons of sugar.

that is a lot of sugar. sugar is an oxidant and alkalizer and fungus love alkaline environments. i would back off on that amount of sugar. treat sugar like cocaine. if you did 10 tablespoons of cocaine you would be dead.

an alkaline envronment also destroys an acidic environment like your stomach acid. you should try the BRAT diet for a few days. stome scrambled eggs too.

eat three hours before you work out or just carb load with glucose rich foods the day before.

sugar is only half glucose so it would not work to use sugar too carb load cause the other half is fructose. not only that its an oxidizer so it work like lighter fluid it makes things burn faster and your run out of fuel quicker. bread pasta rice oatmeal could be good sources of glucose for your work out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals