Success In The Modern World Vs. Getting/Being Healthy

ShotTrue

Thank you very much for your post... I am seriously thinking about quitting my education (studying law right now... being a lawyer mostly sounds like being a good paid slave to me atm), picking up a job so I can support myself and educating myself on business and finances. And then basically taking the fastest and morally sound way to getting financially successful. It's a hard choice, because I would be "a quitter", and my parents like the idea of a "stable career" better. But it's definitively the better choice in regards to my goals and values
I think this is smart. I was also considering becoming a lawyer. Now I consider programming or something else to make money ASAP, read the book Set For Life it's a blue cover

ShotTrue

The biggest downside is often the well-paying secure jobs are working at computers, like programming / coding. Serotonin and all that.
I suggest looking into finance and business as neither of these will ever go away, and teach you financial literacy

Broken man

I think I'm dumb, or maybe just happy..
- Intelligent People More Likely To Suffer From Mental Illness

I think this could be because intelligent people see the truth and cant be happy because of it. Re: Good Will Hunting scene when US army wanted to give Will a job.

Saturazione must be going through severe depression right now.

- Intelligence and metabolism

"[..]Lewis Terman was studying bright children, and wanted to disprove some of the popular stereotypes about intelligent people, and to support his ideology of white racial superiority. In 1922 he got a large grant, and sorted out about 1500 of the brightest children from a group of 250,000 in California. He and his associates then monitored them for the rest of their lives (described in Genetic Studies of Genius). His work contradicted the stereotype of bright people as being sickly or frail, but, contrary to his expectation, there was an association between maladjustment and higher I.Q.; the incidence of neurotic fatigue, anxiety, and depression increased along with the I.Q. The least bright of his group were more successful in many ways than the most bright."​

The reason for this could be something like Forest Gump vs some genius. I know people which do what others told them and are successful at this age because you have manuals for almost everything so when you will follow them, you could be successful but question is if you will be happy. And also what really I.Q. means? For me, it means seeing concepts and formulas, its useful when you are doing math or programing but what about real life? I believe that we should strive for maximal adaptation or ingenuity. That is the most important skill that should help you survive even the worst periods of your life. Very high intelligent people could have barriers in their understanding becuase they always knew it all but like William Blake said: " the doors of perception should be always cleared" or what Lex luthor said: "Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe." and also intelligent people could be thinking too much and its not good. I dont know if you remember the age when you was a child, I do remember myself and dont know if its apply only to me but I wasnt thinking much but I had very high amount of energy and determination. When I had problem, I was finding information or everything that could help me and the solution always popped in my head. So my solution to this is to create a brain state where every information is used to acomplish my goal.

So basically, putting it bluntly, dumb people are more likely to have an easier time finding happiness?

I do have an above average IQ. Sometimes being dumb would have its perks... lol

I think that yes, you can observe it easily, go to some village and you will see happy people that have almost nothing but are happy. I have friends which need some hobby, not bad work, girl and friends to drink beer with and are the happiest I ever see. But there is a dark side of ignoring reality that some people or industries are doing everything what they could to destroy this happiness and when these villagers have problem with health they are almost always caught and end up in a loop that will never end.

morgan#1

thinking too much and its not good. I dont know if you remember the age when you was a child, I do remember myself and dont know if its apply only to me but I wasnt thinking much but I had very high amount of energy and determination.
That is key I’ve found. Thoughts and thinking drain your energy, and give you a misleading present sense.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

I think this is smart. I was also considering becoming a lawyer. Now I consider programming or something else to make money ASAP, read the book Set For Life it's a blue cover

Hey man, thanks so much for your recommendation. Love the book! Considering to keep on studying law and becoming a real estate lawyer, and then investing asap. :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals