Some thoughts on living in South America

Birdie

#4 email says:

Lastly, Makrosky is dead right... and I'm glad the place has such a bad rap.

Last edited:

Birdie

Argentina emails: #1 main boulevard in nearest town

Attachments

• tempImageYYby3q.png
    tempImageYYby3q.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 50

Birdie

Argentina: more photos

Attachments

• IMG_1092.jpeg
    IMG_1092.jpeg
    836 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    908 KB · Views: 42
  • tempImageoBtWd5.png
    tempImageoBtWd5.png
    966.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    673.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2254.jpeg
    IMG_2254.jpeg
    995.2 KB · Views: 41

清貴杉山

Forgot to say, we have what I consider nearly perfect weather. Winter wonderland in the mountains surrounding us but very little at our elevation, and mildly warm summer perfect for spending the day at our favorite swimming hole just a 3 min walk from our cabin, or our favorite lake (Epuyen) about 30 min drive. OK, a couple pictures to prove my point... what could be worse?? to make you sorry you asked!!
The last one is my garden at the lodge.

Please don't send to Ray Peat forum... we already have 2 or 3 other N. Americans down here crowding our lifestyle.

He later said it was okay to put his emails and photos here. If i can, will post photos later.
Im from argentina,so you are living in the Patagonia,if you have money its living a dream,but money is really an issue as a local,if you earn in Dollars you are saved alredy,this country is beautifull but economically wrecked

peter88

Where I live nothing even close to this can be seen anywhere. I think instead of brushing it off people should be deeply ashamed of this.
Who’s brushing it off? Most realize big cities should be avoided for this very reason. Nobody said “Philadelphia is the best! Chicago is the best!”. There is plenty of places within the United States that you can’t even compare to these jungles.

blob69

Who’s brushing it off? Most realize big cities should be avoided for this very reason. Nobody said “Philadelphia is the best! Chicago is the best!”. There is plenty of places within the United States that you can’t even compare to these jungles.
Well, these places are part and parcel of it. The system creates them and the system is the same all over.

Birdie

Im from argentina,so you are living in the Patagonia,if you have money its living a dream,but money is really an issue as a local,if you earn in Dollars you are saved alredy,this country is beautifull but economically wrecked
That was a quote from Mark, my contact in Patagonia. He is an American who moved there in the 90s. He lives near El Boson. He runs an ecotourism place. I'll find a link to his place and post it.
All those quotes were from him. He's outspoken to say the least. The place he built amazes me! Lots of locals helped.

Last edited:

Birdie

A testimony to Mark's place:
“One of the most beautiful places on Earth! (no joke)

I visited Mark’s beautiful homestead / lodge as part of a guided mountain biking excursion in the region. I spent a total of 10 days at the lodge and never wanted to leave…

The vision to create the perfect eco-retreat has paid off by leaving me with memories of a lifetime. The attention to detail in not only the finishing, but also in the site layout, sustainable design, locally sourcing of food… There is nothing like it.

Definitely a place for those looking to get away, whom have discerning taste.”
Jon T, Toronto, Canada

Here is the link to La Confluencia:
laconfluencia.com

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Personally, If I were to move to Mexico, I would track down rare cars and restore them then export them.

FredSonoma

No, I just mentioned it because it’s a very elevated city and popular tourist destination.

He said Colombia is probably the best because there is high altitude plus it’s right on the equator. It’s cheaper than Bolivia as well.

He said high altitude, low pressure, dry and cool temperature is best for health.

I have only been in low altitude Peruvian jungle. I would like to travel around the high altitude areas for some time to get the experience of high altitude out of curiosity.
Ray himself said that Colombia probably has the best environmental conditions?

Also, how could Ray get from Oregon to Mexico without car or plane? I don't know of any public transit that could do that.

Last edited:
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Ray himself said that Colombia probably has the best environmental conditions?

Also, how could Ray get from Oregon to Mexico without car or plane? I don't know of any public transit that could do that.
Yeah he did say that because there is high altitude and proximity to the equator.

Its a good question for him.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals