Social Anxiety Ruined My Life

Amazoniac

@pboy on Social anxiety and serotonin? - Ray Peat Q&A
if your food choices don't line up with your hearts desire and conscience, then theyre an issue. If they do, then they are an aid...pretty simple

Social anxiety is like the anxiety of anything...a noob at anything is anxious, especially when around experienced people who they might feel judged or made fun of by. How does this go away? Experience, reflection and wisdom, time doing it, and getting better at it. Social anxiety is simply social inexperience, social unawareness...its not a mental issue lol. That's like saying you have shaky hand symdrome because when you started playing a new sport you sucked at it. Socialize more in person, not on the internet, and youll quickly lose the anxiety. Do it more often, be more courageous and free inf your behavior, go into more intense and adventurous situations with varieties of people, live life amongst people, and youll automatically lose the anxiety. Unless you are sick, or have like terrible gut issues or mad gas going on or something, or are starving, then food probably isn't the cause...its just something that might agitate and make more annoying, but its equally doing that to everything else in your life...its not like bad food selectively decides to **** with your social life and comfort but nothing else
Speaking of ****, the guy is awake as ****..

Last edited:

bdawg

Some of the best things that have helped assist my social anxiety has really been by trying stuff on this forum.

I finally touched a state of wellbeing within myself which had been out of my life for I dont know how long. But there have been days where I finally finally touched feeling like an OG - a state I refer to with no anxiety and feeling myself 100%.

I personally have high estrogen and high prolactin. I also had thyroid issues which I believe contributed to the problem as well. I think the meat of the issues I experience are within the estrogen and prolactin.

Adding in calories was huge for me and I was definitely underrating before.

Magnesium has been a key player as well in creating a sense of calmness.

Creating quality sleep also another key player.

Don't give up mate...together we shall conquer this

OG state, im using this haha

Only time i've felt OG is on booze unfortunately, and thats on a low to moderate dose. Too much makes you someone else and slows your brain activity down too much.

I imagine benzos and pheni would be the same due to the GABA-B action but i've always been scared of pharmaceuticals

Mag, calories and sleep did this for you? which form of mag do you use?

Anyone have thoughts on Nardil (phenelzine), as its unselective MAOI and GABA T action increases dopa, NE, sero and GABA. Most online forums report complete remission with a list of NE and sero side effects due to not being selective enough. No other pharma developed drug is as suited for SA from what ive read

Last edited:

Regina

1oo%

Hey mate. I have the same issue as you. Don't blame the posters for misunderstanding the condition, as I also did at one point thinking that I was an introvert or was 'cowardly' when i later realised it was the furthest from the truth.

How extreme is your condition? I was a moderate in my late teens, now Id say im on the lower end.

I probably have similar neurochemistry to you as I am also a wanna-be socially dominant alpha male with a glutamate/GABA ratio that is way out of wack, making me timid as a mouse and ready to flight in most passive-aggressive modern world situations (its fucken maladaptive). I also love social activity and get depressed without it (like homo sapiens in general), so this is a cruel condition for me.

As @JCastro mentioned, the d2 transmission is probably also involved as we are not chasing our way out of it through dopa kicks. I suspect good dopa transmission would mitigate the effects of the social anxiety.

Let me tell you whats worked for me, I have tried so many things and have reached a point of improvement that I would say my baseline condition now is what the non-social anxiety people of this thread call anxiety. So I experience what social-anxiety negatives call their bad public speaking performance anxiety as my baseline public speaking performance. Which is manageable tbh, social anxiety can get retarded on the extreme end with people not even turning up to give the speech. I'm happy with my progress so far, but man would I like to get rid of this permanent condition.

Focus on DHT, it promotes GABA. Creatine, 11-keto-dht, heavy lifting, anything that increases test and 5-AR as they also increase allopreg and other GABA modulators. Butea superba worked for me, but no idea on how to cycle this. Make sure you avoid PUFA and other 5-AR inhibitors. I have no genetic issue with MPB so not sure if you want to reconsider this advice based on that.
Haiduts pansterone and androsterone are the best idealabs supps for this (DHEA can convert directly to DHT and androsterone hits the AR), though I havent measured benefits from this regime as of yet. Not sure if you want to raise progesterone as i've heard it antagonises DHT. Pregnenolone is what you want.

Focus on dopa to escape the clutches of the disease, high dopa will let you ignore the condition and create positive CBT style experiences that could lead to fear extinction. Let me know if you want me to elaborate. I use mucuna pruriens seed powder and caffiene, they are tried and tested for my biochemistry. Though the initial rush through mucuna and caffeine will eventually downregulate the receptors a little and you will never get that initial feeling back.

Focus on GABA itself. Taurine (large dose) and, due to haidut talking about theanine, I have started to use it (love it). Effects are subtle and build up, so that if you journal, you can see yourself improving slowly. Theanine is also a great cortisol fighter.

There are heaps of other substances out there to try, i think one of the racetams, gabaergic anticonvulsants and phenelzine, the gold standard which I know will work for us but not sure if I want the sides as it smashes a lot of other receptors too. Some selective GABA-T inhibitors are the solution, they need to be developed. But too much GABA is also not a great think (being drunk)

Could you please share with me whats worked for you?

There is still hope! we will figure this out or die trying!

Only time i've felt OG is on booze unfortunately, and thats on a low to moderate dose. Too much makes you someone else and slows your brain activity down too much.

I imagine benzos and pheni would be the same due to the GABA-B action but i've always been scared of pharmaceuticals

Anyone have thoughts on Nardil (phenelzine), as its unselective MAOI and GABA T action increases dopa, NE, sero and GABA. Most online forums report complete remission with a list of NE and sero side effects due to not being selective enough. No other pharma developed drug is as suited for SA from what ive read
Yea, I would like to learn how to inhibit the NE selectively.

FacelessMan

Haven't had time to read this entire thread, so I'm not sure if this was mentioned. Do you masturbate? If so, how often? Many people (a lot outside of RPF) have found a great reduction and even elimination of anxiety, as well as a boost in confidence from quitting masturbating (they call it no FAP). Anyways, something to look into for sure.

Regina

Guanfacine should do that, fascinating compound.. no experience with it however. Lithium also does
Thanks for your ideas bdawg.
I looked it up. Lowers blood pressure. Mine is super-duper low always. Need all I can get.
I've read Dr. Peat's mention of lithium. As well, how close just plain ole salt is to lithium.
I'll try a salt-lick. :p The horses always loved them.

OP
S
Haven't had time to read this entire thread, so I'm not sure if this was mentioned. Do you masturbate? If so, how often? Many people (a lot outside of RPF) have found a great reduction and even elimination of anxiety, as well as a boost in confidence from quitting masturbating (they call it no FAP). Anyways, something to look into for sure.
I myself, I jerk off at least twice a day.

Waynish

I wouldn't rely on the idea that it is only in your biology. I would consider trying some weak psychedelics (marijuana, MDMA) - and some real ones if you can handle it. At least they will interface with psychology. I believe the real progress is going to be made sober in social situations, though. Get a friend to go out with! :)
Where do you live (in general)?

Yes it is still yet to be 100% tackled by myself but these are the things I was doing the most when I was getting it to happen.

I would also add vitamin E, and nicianmide as above. I have recently added in vitamin b6 at 50mg and I feel good on this.

Haha sorry for scattered answer as I haven't locked it in yet but with time and some tweaking I can give you a much better answer.

One of the biggest things recently was coming off thyroid as it gave me too much jitters and I think it raised my adrenaline constantly. After coming off of it I was calm as hell.

The second major player was handling my insulin reisistance.

But another awesome thing to try is oxytocin. You can get some from amazon. People have mixed reviews about it but I have noticed It can influence my thoughts towards connection. I am headed toward high dopamine/ high oxytocin as a goal as I think this is where you can be a social king. But once again I will write more when I have more. I have been on social improvement for sometime now and have a really good resource to share with y'all for becoming your true self. But it involves dealing with realizing trauma and healing your whole self. I'll post later when I have access to it

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

Here is the file - it is titled [MEGAPOST] Overcoming Your Emotional Issues -- Attain Emotional Health, Self-Esteem, Inner Game & Well-Being

It is from a social dynamic / pick up site. However having said that it truly focuses on being who you truly are while resolving internal conflicts ultimately healing your self back to wholeness.

I find this useful to help deal with anxiety and other things thru the use of self acceptance etc. anyways a different avenue but hopefully helpful to some.

One of the best things I've had success with is work called inner bonding - there is a whole book written by margaret paul on this.

Also there is a guided meditation for healing the inner child which can be found here (bear in mind it can be kinda airy fairy and the good part of the work starts at / after 16:00. ()

I do think that most social anexity problems can be healed via altering biochemistry. And by altering biochemistry everything else will fall into place. I.E - Biochemistry - Identity - Actions - Thoughts

nikolabeacon

Anxiety Is closely related to compulsive behaviour. Compulsion comes from too high EGO . If you are going to incorporate yourself in society( hi-hi or Ha- Ha society) or "socialize" just for sake of EMPTY so called socialization devoided of TRUE individuality, meaning and vision of Truth you are On the wrong path.. And paradox Is that ordinary so called society or socialization pumps your EGO to become sky high. EGO Is contrary
To Basic Truth or Pure Consciousness.. Everyone deals with this problem ( but many are dont even consciuosness of it, many just pretend)...who just try to socialize just for sake of socialization without any motivation to really offer themselves to others in their real individuality without fear of something. Many dont have to offer anything because are just bad indigo copies And robotized Human beings incorporated in machinery detached from universal natural laws. And in this current society many are affraid Because of financial security. So EGO is contrary to Truth..You need to act in accordance to this Truth... Working on yourself as much as you can and not looking at what others do ( clothes, way of living, behaviour..).. Your own last touch. Not "so called fake socialization everyone Is talking about." because When you dive in mass with fear it will destroy your individuality even more and crush you forever..And if patient enough ...by that you will make specific field around you that will help you to deal with the compulsive behavior, and obsessive thinking and what other think of you..Because ego rises When you are detaching yourself from Consciousness and with that your True individuality is lacking ..And When you start to search to find yourself it Is very motivating.... and real motivation supress compulsion.... you must ASK yourself what You really can and love to do. You must make your own picture in head in accordance with Pure Consciousness and Truth... The world is what Man carries inside himself and what he can establish together with other people. Authentic creativeness is "transformation" of the outer world into an experience of human intensity, happiness... and dont rely so much on any "devoided of life" substances that are potential disrupters of Synergy in an organism and temporarily bandaids and not A cure...I dont think that great inventors were taking hormones to be productive and creative... ..othervise You will end in the wrong way and become a slave of it because you didn't have enough courage to find your own way and path ...You will change completely when you slowly start to realize how every single action, thought and behaviour has impact On you and how people detached themselves from consciousness thinking because of Fake state of comformism that current system ,that destroys life On Earth, is giving to them ..it will force you to be responsible for everything you do. Every single effort by strong individual no matter how small it is can change A lot. And it Is very motivating Truth because you will really start to have control of your life. Intengrity is self discipline to act in accordance with truth or Consciousness.

amethyst

Anxiety Is closely related to compulsive behaviour. Compulsion comes from too high EGO . If you are going to incorporate yourself in society( hi-hi or Ha- Ha society) or "socialize" just for sake of EMPTY so called socialization devoided of TRUE individuality, meaning and vision of Truth you are On the wrong path.. And paradox Is that ordinary so called society or socialization pumps your EGO to become sky high. EGO Is contrary
To Basic Truth or Pure Consciousness.. Everyone deals with this problem ( but many are dont even consciuosness of it, many just pretend)...who just try to socialize just for sake of socialization without any motivation to really offer themselves to others in their real individuality without fear of something. Many dont have to offer anything because are just bad indigo copies And robotized Human beings incorporated in machinery detached from universal natural laws. And in this current society many are affraid Because of financial security. So EGO is contrary to Truth..You need to act in accordance to this Truth... Working on yourself as much as you can and not looking at what others do ( clothes, way of living, behaviour..).. Your own last touch. Not "so called fake socialization everyone Is talking about." because When you dive in mass with fear it will destroy your individuality even more and crush you forever..And if patient enough ...by that you will make specific field around you that will help you to deal with the compulsive behavior, and obsessive thinking and what other think of you..Because ego rises When you are detaching yourself from Consciousness and with that your True individuality is lacking ..And When you start to search to find yourself it Is very motivating.... and real motivation supress compulsion.... you must ASK yourself what You really can and love to do. You must make your own picture in head in accordance with Pure Consciousness and Truth... The world is what Man carries inside himself and what he can establish together with other people. Authentic creativeness is "transformation" of the outer world into an experience of human intensity, happiness... and dont rely so much on any "devoided of life" substances that are potential disrupters of Synergy in an organism and temporarily bandaids and not A cure...I dont think that great inventors were taking hormones to be productive and creative... ..othervise You will end in the wrong way and become a slave of it because you didn't have enough courage to find your own way and path ...You will change completely when you slowly start to realize how every single action, thought and behaviour has impact On you and how people detached themselves from consciousness thinking because of Fake state of comformism that current system ,that destroys life On Earth, is giving to them ..it will force you to be responsible for everything you do. Every single effort by strong individual no matter how small it is can change A lot. And it Is very motivating Truth because you will really start to have control of your life. Intengrity is self discipline to act in accordance with truth or Consciousness.
I like your posts nikolabeacon. You seem very in touch with your inner truth :)

sladerunner69

So is being diseased or dead, statistically.

ZINGAAAAAA

and I would like to add to that list, fatassery. I was walking around the peterson automotive museum in los angeles today and got depressed because 2/3rds of the guests had to be seriously overweight. The proliferation of saturated fat has thoroughly screwed with people's health.

nikolabeacon

I like your posts nikolabeacon. You seem very in touch with your inner truth :)
I just tried to distinguish beetwen persona and consciousness individual.A persona (plural personae or personas), in the word's everyday usage, is a social role or a character played by an actor The word is derived from Latin, where it originally referred to a theatrical mask. The Latin word probably derived from the Etruscan word "phersu", with the same meaning, and that from the Greek πρόσωπον (prosōpon). There is A lot of empty and abstract talk about ego, static spirituality... But over time things and knowledge are changing. Like in TRUE individuality... not static social person( static actor or A slave) . We expect change in society dislocated from nature full off frightened personas....Incorporating currently in it is not the way to go If we dont want to become extinct...Fear comes from not enough courage to do and be really what you realy are and to radically change a way of comfomist living.....Ray talk about change in institutions which are money driven...i dont think that it is possible....People are constantly seeking to forget about it in different ways ...with medication...with having fun with empty jokes, and actions in current society frame and with constantly seeking for BIG money..And also Here is the real danger of making yourself druged with hormones to feel sooooo nice in almost destroyed ecosystem....I think that natural body response in this current situation is not to sit at home druged because of fear of your little egoistic persona.

Last edited:

jaa

I'm 23, male. Social anxiety ruined my life.

I've tried SSRIs, antipsychotics, etc. Nothing worked.

Taurine helped me because it increases GABA-A receptor activity. Zinc, too.

There isn't something wrong with my serotonin. There is something wrong with my GABA-A receptor.

How to cure this disorder? It ruined my life.

Are you in a location with access to medical or recreational marijuana? High CBD low THC cannabis may help.

I've seen some wild guesses in here so I thought I would throw in mine.

Perhaps you had a neglectful or abusive childhood in which you were made to feel worthless, unlovable, or shameful

These beliefs have followed you all your life, hidden in your unconscious whispering in your ear that you don't belong. You're not good enough. You don't fit in.

You probably do not remember the events that led you to become like this. But you have always felt different, alone in the crowd.

Diet can help, exercise can help, supplements can help. But it is those deep rooted beliefs that form your Self that rule you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals