Social Anxiety Ruined My Life

bdawg

I've seen some wild guesses in here so I thought I would throw in mine.

Perhaps you had a neglectful or abusive childhood in which you were made to feel worthless, unlovable, or shameful

These beliefs have followed you all your life, hidden in your unconscious whispering in your ear that you don't belong. You're not good enough. You don't fit in.

You probably do not remember the events that led you to become like this. But you have always felt different, alone in the crowd.

Diet can help, exercise can help, supplements can help. But it is those deep rooted beliefs that form your Self that rule you.

Without disregarding your entire argument the question for me is:

if it was deep-rooted beliefs that cause social anxiety, then why do beliefs immediately change once benzos or alcohol are consumed, and then go back to your old beliefs when blood content reaches 0?

Constatine

Without disregarding your entire argument the question for me is:

if it was deep-rooted beliefs that cause social anxiety, then why do beliefs immediately change once benzos or alcohol are consumed, and then go back to your old beliefs when blood content reaches 0?
More or less that is the point of gaba (or alcohol lol). There is always concerns whether it comes from beliefs, the environment, etc. Amoung many other things a inhibitory neurotransmitter stops thoughts regarding such concerns. This is also why serotonin reduces anxiety under some situations (though its nature is of course much different than gaba). You believe your going to die one day but that doesn't worry you 24/7 (I hope). In such a way gaba reduces awareness of negative beliefs and what not.

For what its worth I've tried most peaty things mentioned on this thread and the only thing that eliminated my social anxiety was dramatically increasing my calorie intake.

bdawg

More or less that is the point of gaba (or alcohol lol). There is always concerns whether it comes from beliefs, the environment, etc. Amoung many other things a inhibitory neurotransmitter stops thoughts regarding such concerns. This is also why serotonin reduces anxiety under some situations (though its nature is of course much different than gaba). You believe your going to die one day but that doesn't worry you 24/7 (I hope). In such a way gaba reduces awareness of negative beliefs and what not.

For what its worth I've tried most peaty things mentioned on this thread and the only thing that eliminated my social anxiety was dramatically increasing my calorie intake.

So true, the hyper-aware state makes us take minimal social risks and life risks in general, and overall distracts us from our goals and our happiness, which leaves us in a state where were really at a risk of looking back on our lives and regretting what could have been just like those news articles about the last words of people on their deathbeds lol, sigh. I just think of the things i have missed out on, the great convos i could have had, the intimacy you get when you really know someone outside the narrow circle of people youre comfortable with... oh well, i guess everyone has some sort of evolutionary maladaptive gene/s in their system

Youre right in that everyone has these in the survival related worries in the back of their mind, but their 'normal' GABA levels allow them to go about their business

Good to hear about the calorie intake, i myself cannot rely on method as my bodyfat is above 20%. For me DHT, androgens and exercise have been the only things that have helped

RedStaR

Maybe increasing your calorie intake also increased your nutrition profile.

dq139

Me too. I can't even go to university because of social anxiety. Later, I found that you don't have to have a job to make a living. Stock market trading is the best way to make money.

Wish I knew how to get into stock market trading. My job is literally killing me from stress and anxiety and i can't leave

Regina

Wish I knew how to get into stock market trading. My job is literally killing me from stress and anxiety and i can't leave
Except that stock market trading will create stress and anxiety beyond your wildness nightmares.

dq139

Except that stock market trading will create stress and anxiety beyond your wildness nightmares.

So basically Im dammed if I do dammed if I don't huh lol...wish I could find a sure fire way to keep my seratonin low & dopamine & dht high. Things like taurine tyrosine mucuna niacinamide ect. Don't quite do the trick

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals