Social Anxiety Ruined My Life

I'm 23, male. Social anxiety ruined my life.

I've tried SSRIs, antipsychotics, etc. Nothing worked.

Taurine helped me because it increases GABA-A receptor activity. Zinc, too.

There isn't something wrong with my serotonin. There is something wrong with my GABA-A receptor.

How to cure this disorder? It ruined my life.

sprinter

I'm 23, male. Social anxiety ruined my life.

I've tried SSRIs, antipsychotics, etc. Nothing worked.

Taurine helped me because it increases GABA-A receptor activity. Zinc, too.

There isn't something wrong with my serotonin. There is something wrong with my GABA-A receptor.

How to cure this disorder? It ruined my life.

Have you tried Phenibut?

InChristAlone

Listen to this series on YouTube it will change your life.

amethyst

Start over completely. Stop all the drugs. Start eating organic food, real food. Some good natural sat. fat. Take helpful supplements like vitamin E, niacinamide ( but don't take too much at first) get your mind cleared. Some taurine if it helps you. Some B's.Drink lemon water. Cleanse your liver (Gaia Liver Cleanse is good) Take digestive enzymes for a little bit. Get your mind and body cleaned out and just start over. Then you might start to feel better and realize everyone else around you is also suffering from social anxiety and you are really a cool person. Learn to like yourself, flaws and all.

OP
S
Thanks for messages.

I've been on pregnenolone for a week but I feel nothing. Do you know when does pregnenolone start working?

I have strong social anxiety by the way. Benzodiazepines eliminated my social anxiety but I can't use them for life.

amethyst

Thanks for messages.

I've been on pregnenolone for a week but I feel nothing. Do you know when does pregnenolone start working?

I have strong social anxiety by the way. Benzodiazepines eliminated my social anxiety but I can't use them for life.
What's causing your social anxiety? You don't have to share but usually it comes from someone saying/doing something to you that you don't deserve, or to put you down. It's other's opinions that don't matter. What matters is you seeing yourself as acceptable and if you don't like something about yourself, you can change that. You really don't have to rely on drugs to be "acceptable". You are acceptable because you are.

OP
S
What's causing your social anxiety? You don't have to share but usually it comes from someone saying/doing something to you that you don't deserve, or to put you down. It's other's opinions that don't matter. What matters is you seeing yourself as acceptable and if you don't like something about yourself, you can change that. You really don't have to rely on drugs to be "acceptable". You are acceptable because you are.
I think it's hormonal.

I was born with estrogen dominance. I'm not fat by the way. I think there is something wrong with my hormones.

A doctor told to me to try pregnenolone. I'm on it now. Pregnenolone converts allopregnanolone which is natural Valium.

I will try progesterone too. I don't wanna play with my hormones but these hormones convert allopregnanolone. This is my last hope.

amethyst

I think it's hormonal.

I was born with estrogen dominance. I'm not fat by the way. I think there is something wrong with my hormones.

A doctor told to me to try pregnenolone. I'm on it now. Pregnenolone converts allopregnanolone which is natural Valium.

I will try progesterone too. I don't wanna play with my hormones but these hormones convert allopregnanolone. This is my last hope.
So your hormones are causing you social anxiety? o_O

Atman

I think it's hormonal.

You probably don't want to hear this and it is not much talked about on this forum, but a non materialistic approach might help you more.

You could try spending less time on the internet, exercising your social skills, pushing your boundaries etc.

redlight

Im in the same boat i have bad social anxiety and I'm 32... I feel my 20s was complete waste

OP
S
Im in the same boat i have bad social anxiety and I'm 32... I feel my 20s was complete waste
Me too. I can't even go to university because of social anxiety. Later, I found that you don't have to have a job to make a living. Stock market trading is the best way to make money.

Regina

Yea, I've missed years of my life in the past when I've gotten hammered down. You just have to recognize those people and avoid them as much as possible.

But balancing hormones is not "playing" with them. There is a lot of vicious circles and causations. It's great to be 24! And great to be looking in that direction to gain understanding. They are in a constant state of flux and can be encouraged to better energetic states.

OP
S
Yea, I've missed years of my life in the past when I've gotten hammered down. You just have to recognize those people and avoid them as much as possible.

But balancing hormones is not "playing" with them. There is a lot of vicious circles and causations. It's great to be 24! And great to be looking in that direction to gain understanding. They are in a constant state of flux and can be encouraged to better energetic states.
You've tried pregnenolone? I feel nothing on it but will continue. I use pregnenolone of Life Extension. Is it a good brand?

amethyst

Yeah I agree. Remove yourself from the toxicity or change what is toxic about yourself. You are not a victim. You can learn from your mistakes and circumstances and also from what others have tried to put on you.

Ukall

This happened to me too... I was so criticized, but they were my "friends" and I had to see them everyday.
My daily thoughts were always like "I wish I could be like you/that person."

You really don't have to rely on drugs to be "acceptable". You are acceptable because you are.
Sometimes I wonder about this... I mean, I wish, I just wish I could not rely on anything.
But it's incredible when a simple supplement makes the difference of being able to look to the eyes of the other person and not feeling anxious during a conversation or feeling relaxed and not having the shoulders always near the ears.
As I said, I don't like to rely on them either, but there's something happening here for sure.

Last edited:

zztr

Good grief this isn't hormonal. Here's some real medicine for you: You're a coward and a crybaby.

You're letting a bit of discomfort keep you from doing anything. Feel the anxiety and do it anyway. A lot of athletes and performers get extremely nauseous before go time. They go out anyway. This is how life works. You have to suck it up.

Regina

This happened to me too... I was so criticized, but they were my "friends" and I had to see them everyday.
My daily thoughts were always like "I wish I could be like you/that person."

Sometimes I wonder about this... I mean, I wish, I just wish I could not rely on anything.
But it's incredible when a simple supplement makes the difference of being able to look to the eyes of the other person and not feeling anxious during a conversation or feeling relaxed and not having the shoulders always near the ears.
As I said, I don't like to rely on them either, but there's something happening here for sure.
They might be "frenemies." Every picture of me as a little kid has my skinny bony shoulders near my ears.
It's taken a lot of years for me to drop them. Aikido/zen training obviously did make for immense changes, but then I also had an "all at once" experience. Some insight or enlightenment or awakening (a kensho in japanese) only maybe 10 months ago. It's very sudden. In a millisecond, literally everything disambiguates and becomes empty. I don't know. But it happened. My shoulders just dropped; I felt bliss and I have been fearless on the mat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals