Should MUFA's Be Avoided As Well?

encerent

Whole milk, butter, chocolate all contain a lot of MUFA (oleic acid). Is this stuff good to eat?

Confused On Ray Peat View On Fats [MUFA]

Almost every food has a natural mix of all three fats pufa, mufa and sfa.

Oleic acid in a form like olive oil is fattening because is goes right into fat storage.

"Olive oil, though it is somewhat fattening, is less fattening than corn or soy oil,"

Peat said we make our own oleic acid at 3:07. He also said there that we store the pufa in butter and coconut oil and it adds up.

"Unfortunately, it is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory."

Whole milk,

"I’ve mentioned at times I’ve averaged over the years probably a gallon of milk a day but that’s always been 1% milk because even at 2 quarts of milk, a person doesn’t want to have whole milk at 3 or 4% fat."

“I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't, because the amount of fat in whole milk is very likely to be fattening when a person is using it to get the needed protein and calcium."

Last edited:

milk_lover

If I have the option, I always choose saturated over mufa. Having said that, if I was offered food that contains mufa, I don't say no. I say big NO to anything fried in vegetable oil (pufa) even if a person cooked it specifically for me. He/she should have asked me first :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals